Michael Olise

Telsim

A performance actually befitting a RW. Olise and Frimpong, and we cooking on that right side.

Idxomer

Very good winger, he's gonna explode in the next few years.

r0663664

Worships Man City
He pass my eye test and can get even better. I hope we go for him, should be worth every penny. ETH should bought him instead of Antony for that obscene amount.

zaafi

Fantastic player and only 21. Think he will be one of the best players in the league in a few years and we should be in for him.

Bobski

Lovely player, smart, silky, impressive technique and physical qualities. Well worth a look.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Is he better than Eze? @Shipperley
I think Olise has a higher ceiling, one of the most technically gifted players I have ever seen pull on the shirt at just 21. He’ll go on to do great things with a huge club but should stay for at least one or two more seasons while he builds his consistency IMO.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Also don’t think we’ll sell him this summer by the way, he and Eze will be the leaders of the post-Zaha revolution next season. If we make a big sale I’d say Guehi is the most oven-ready for a top club.

bucky

Funny how a player has one good game, against a team without a manager, and suddenly they're world class and we must buy them at all costs.
Nobody is saying he is world class, just that he looks very promising. Multiple people on here have praised him before. If you'd actually watch Palace, you might notice him, too.

Was he good before yesterday’s stats?
Yes.

Brophs

The One and Only
Also don’t think we’ll sell him this summer by the way, he and Eze will be the leaders of the post-Zaha revolution next season. If we make a big sale I’d say Guehi is the most oven-ready for a top club.
I was watching Palace a few weeks back and that thought occurred to me. He looks ready to go into a top four first team.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Can we buy him back please? You can have Koulibaly in return.

Abraxas

He is great to watch when he's on it. Aesthetically his dribbling is really good. His numbers really are poor considering his technical ability. His assists are up slightly but you've got to score more as a wide forward.

Malone_Post

This kid looks absolute class. Think he’s destined for the top level sooner rather then later. Palace will do well to hold on to him for another year or two.

Great spot from the poster who created the thread three years ago too. Incredible really that random fans on the internet can identify these types of talents yet our scouts can’t. Palace paid just over £8 million for him while we splashed £80 odd million a piece on Sancho & Antony. And Palace got the better player. It’s sickening how bad our recruitment is.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This kid looks absolute class. Think he’s destined for the top level sooner rather then later. Palace will do well to hold on to him for another year or two.

Great spot from the poster who created the thread three years ago too. Incredible really that random fans on the internet can identify these types of talents yet our scouts can’t. Palace paid just over £8 million for him while we splashed £80 odd million a piece on Sancho & Antony. And Palace got the better player. It’s sickening how bad our recruitment is.
These kind of comments annoy me. The reason he’s at the point he is now is because palace have given him a chance and been patient with his development. He wouldn’t have been given the same time at United from a manager under fire from our fan base who want everything to happen now

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He’s top 4 in assists this season, only a couple behind Saka in second. Fantastic season for him.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

These kind of comments annoy me. The reason he’s at the point he is now is because palace have been given him a chance and been patient with his development. He wouldn’t have been given the same time at United from a manager under fire from our fan base who want everything to happen now
This. The same can be said whenever someone mentions a Brighton player. Fair enough - praise them for performing well, but using it to bring up Sancho's United career is such a lazy comparison.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Still think Sancho will come good if United stay patient with him. He was always going to struggle in the PL. Called it the season before you actually signed him. Young wingers are the least consistent performers of any position on the field.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Think City will have an eye on him to replace Mahrez in the future so he shouldn’t rush a move. We have a young kid on loan at Charlton who’s got 15 goals and 9 assists from RW this season, would imagine our hope will be to get another season from Michael and possibly replace him from within the following summer.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
These kind of comments annoy me. The reason he’s at the point he is now is because palace have given him a chance and been patient with his development. He wouldn’t have been given the same time at United from a manager under fire from our fan base who want everything to happen now
This. The same can be said whenever someone mentions a Brighton player. Fair enough - praise them for performing well, but using it to bring up Sancho's United career is such a lazy comparison.
Yep, lazy digs really. Full credit for the op but it's not like a random poster on internet unearthed a gem no-one had heard about. Obviously City, Chelsea & Reading had seen some talent in him considering he played for them in the academies. One could also argue that Palace scouts are shit as they didn't spot him before Reading. And that the academies at City and Chelsea are shit as they let him go.

Whenever a talented player pops up somewhere, there's one or two posters who automatically turn it into a "wow our scouts are shit" conversation. For some people it's never enough, only if we sign every single talent from England and abroad.

I know one academy who kind of used to do that and I can assure you that the parents of those kids were not happy as their kids never really got the chance to show their talent as the academy was packed with players in every age group.

These posters claim it's as simple as a random person on the internet knowing better than academy scouts in one of the best football academies throughout history. If that was the case, the random people on internet would be head academy scouts in big clubs.

Last edited:

Donut

If he has smart advisors he stays at palace 2 seasons then leaves for the big time. No dumb ass extension like what trapped Zaha there. Or Kane at spurs in their best playing years.
How long is his contract? He’s probably on a fairly low wage so he’ll take the new one just like Caicedo did.

Brightonian

This. Can't be said enough.

Antony's playing at least as well, and producing more end product, too. Olise is incredibly promising and looks set to be a great player but it's just grass is greener nonsense.

Red Star One

Great player, excellent with both feet, the free kick today was 10/10 - what a fecking shame it had to happen against us. Bright future ahead of him - I think he also has a rather low release clause, if it wasn't for the fact we've spent billions on the wide players already I'd fancy him here
I stand by this, he's very versatile and if he was willing to accept a squad role rather than being a star player, he'd be an excellent piece of business.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How long is his contract? He’s probably on a fairly low wage so he’ll take the new one just like Caicedo did.
He’s got 3 years left on around £50k a week, so not a bad contract at all.

Moving clubs is mostly about timing. There’s an argument to be made that it’s sensible to strike while the iron is hot. Belotti is a good case for that. There was one summer where he was one of the most sought after strikers on the market. He didn’t get his move and he could never reproduce that season and these days he finds himself a backup player at Roma.

I don’t think Olise is quite ready to be a starter at United or City but in a year or two he could be. I think his goal next season should be to try and hit 10 goals whilst keeping his assists numbers.

top1whoisman

Scout
Has there been any rumors/discussion on whether he's "chosen" who to represent at international level? I know he's played a couple of matches for France U21, but I believe he's also eligible for England and Algeria (perhaps even Nigeria?). @Shipperley have you heard anything regarding this?

Edit: Seems he's turned down Algeria.

Last edited:

Aboutreika18

I think Olise has a higher ceiling, one of the most technically gifted players I have ever seen pull on the shirt at just 21. He’ll go on to do great things with a huge club but should stay for at least one or two more seasons while he builds his consistency IMO.
Interesting you say that because from the articles I've seen over the past couple of years or so, it always seemed like Eze was regarded as having more potential. He was definitely more hyped up anyway whereas Olise kind of seemed to go under the radar.

top1whoisman

Scout
Interesting you say that because from the articles I've seen over the past couple of years or so, it always seemed like Eze was regarded as having more potential. He was definitely more hyped up anyway whereas Olise kind of seemed to go under the radar.
I'd say that is because Olise is 3,5 years younger than Eze. During the season the Eze hype was peaking at QPR, Olise spent the first half of that season at Reading U23s in the PL 2 Division 2.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Olise cost half as much as Eze plus he's 3 years younger so has played a lot less.