Michael Olise

Mike Smalling

Would be an obvious target, if he could had for a reasonable fee. Somewhere near £50-60m could be good business. He would instantly improve us.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Absurd talent.

I hope Palace take whoever tries to sign him to the cleaners.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
He’s English for these purposes. Born in London and spent all his football life in England. Can still also play for England as it stands.
Thiink it's the playing for England, or future England player aspect that brings about the English tax though?

Last edited:

Marwood

He's not worth £80 million guys. That's way over the top. We'd be repeating the same mistakes if we did this.

Red_toad

How do the Palace fans rate him? Seems he very good in the final third and not one for working for the team out of possession in my opinion, not that I watch Palace games unless it's against us.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
A par price for him would be what city paid for Doku - in terms of age, ability, potential he is in the same ballpark. That’s circa £55-60m.

Unfortunately he will be subject to the EPL tax that comes with all of these high performing players at midtable clubs where they extract maximum value for their saleable assets.

So though I can’t see any info online re what his buyout clause is set at, I’d assume they’ve added 20m on top of that - I reckon somewhere in the £80m region is what someone would expect to pay.

The problem is if he flops for whatever reason (injuries, attitude, poor manager, played out of position, etc etc) then you’ve got another Sancho on your hands. So it’s a risk. Gone are the days where you’d spend 30-50m and write off the cost If they didn’t perform. It’s a lottery.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
So though I can’t see any info online re what his buyout clause is set at, I’d assume they’ve added 20m on top of that - I reckon somewhere in the £80m region is what someone would expect to pay.
The buyout clause was £35 million according to every report I saw. Then he extended his contract.

Marwood

Ended up with Palmer as an alternative though. Not a bad trade-off if you ask me.
Why couldn’t you have both?

I swear Chelsea could have sold an 18 year old Messi for a tenner and the fans would find some logic to it.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
The buyout clause was £35 million according to every report I saw. Then he extended his contract.
yes, I meant his new buyout clause. Lots of info that it becomes active next summer, but not what it is. I’d assume it’s set somewhere around the £80m mark. Par price should prob be £50-60m. At the prior £35m clause he was a steal.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool

I swear Chelsea could have sold an 18 year old Messi for a tenner and the fans would find some logic to it.
because Boehly preferred engaging in a dick measuring contest with John Henry and spending £170m on two defensive midfielders one of whom has yet to play rather than addressing his glaring deficiencies upfront after nkunku got injured.

Supports
Chelsea

They are stylistically very similar to be fair and play in the same position. Usually you'd want two players that offer something a bit different competing with eachother. We also have Madueke there who would probably have to leave in some capacity for Olise to join.

Reckon he'll go to City as some others have suggested.

philippexyz

He'll go to Liverpool to replace Salah when the scousers sell him to Saudis for 100m+ pounds.

If not them, then City, probably. We are not in this race, unfortunately, thanks to spending absolutely ridiculous amount of money on Antony, who was "supposed" to be our right wing solution.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Ended up with Palmer as an alternative though. Not a bad trade-off if you ask me.
I still think we would have gone for Palmer. I know people listed him as a replacement option when Palace used that ridiculous blackmail stunt to stop our move, but it was a similar situation to Lavia: the people that had helped recruit and oversee their careers from an early age were here and pushing for their addition.

We finally pulled the trigger on Caicedo asannnddd then still brought in Lavia.

He would be an excellent addition to any team.

Curious how his brother is coming along at academy.