Michael Olise

Laurencio

Did I read correctly that he has £35M release clause that increases significantly in the summer?

Sounds almost like we might get him in this window.

Edit: I did not. His release clause is 60M and won't activate until the summer. Never mind then.

Righteous Steps

It is extremely unlikely he will start over those two. He probably won't even get pick for the French national team. Olise can still improve of course but there is a difference playing for Palace and PSG/Bayern.
Yes its easier to play for these teams when you're a certain standard of talent, Olise would be even better in a team which dominates possession and he gets to play with a better standard of player, the top German teams also face less low blocks than the top English teams also.

Not that it matters because a player with Olise close control and technical ability would still thrive in such situations.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Keep seeing us linked with this guy. Reallly hope we sign him in the summer. Top talent. Can feel Liverpool going in for him though.

JuriM

Keep seeing us linked with this guy. Reallly hope we sign him in the summer. Top talent. Can feel Liverpool going in for him though.
Only if Salah leaves which I don't see, noting his form this season. He is a pure right winger.

DJ_21

Only if Salah leaves which I don't see, noting his form this season. He is a pure right winger.
Liverpool sometimes move Salah up top? We’d have Antony, Amad and Olise if we signed him. Depends where he thinks he’ll play more.

Red00012

Over 200 million pissed away on Antony , Sancho Amad , James and Pellestri but we go again :lol:
This is the one

DJ_21

Over 200 million pissed away on Antony , Sancho Amad , James and Pellestri but we go again :lol:
This is the one
This should be the one but this will be to easy. Isn’t his release clause like 60m in the summer? Which means we’ll avoid this and sign another 80m winger.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
This is the one
there’s really no need to mention anyone other than Antony and sancho who are the only utter failures.

James made us a profit, as will pellestri. I think amad will also sell well if we don’t keep him. Though his future is probably not at rw anyway.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I need to see more of him, didn't know he's that good. Either that or the caf are overly hyping players for the nth time.

greater wall

I need to see more of him, didn't know he's that good. Either that or the caf are overly hyping players for the nth time.
Looks very similar in style to Antony. How would he fare playing under greater pressure at Manchester United?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s a good player my biggest concern is that he doesn’t sound the brightest bulb in interviews. I know that doesn’t always mean much (think of Rooney) but we do in general lack intelligent players.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Looks very similar in style to Antony. How would he fare playing under greater pressure at Manchester United?
I think he is one of those players who's actually worthy of the hype. Caf has a penchant for hyping average players - Amrabat the most recent example and many on here are doing the same for Tobido for instance.

But Olise is going to be a top player for a top club. He's great at carrying the ball into dangerous areas ( unlike Antony who can just carry it down the by line), doesn't need to dribble to get past players as he's got great body feints which wrong foot the defenders. He's a great crosser of the ball from deep as well, in addition to having an eye for a goal.

Personality wise on the pitch he does appear a bit laid back, akin to a Berbatov. That is something that could get him some criticism especially if things aren't going well for him. But he does appear to do his defensive duties diligently.

Red00012

The club should give up
Personally I’ll put Amad and Garnacho with Pellestri as back up on the right and spend our money on a left winger . Bin Antony and Sancho who is easier said than done .

Redstain

He's nothing like Antony the only commonality between the two is being left footed. He's a creative wide player who has the tendency to beat his man. Has one of the best deliveries into the back post. Antony in all respect is miles off it.

RuudTom83

How is his right foot? from the highlights he seems to favour his left foot and cuts in a lot!

Is it too much to ask to have someone on the right wing who can cross with his right foot.

*Granted I've not watched him play much so can't judge him properly.

Bojan Djordjic

He’s a good player my biggest concern is that he doesn’t sound the brightest bulb in interviews. I know that doesn’t always mean much (think of Rooney) but we do in general lack intelligent players.
They're not going to be asked to solve equations in the middle of a match. Communication skills off the pitch have absolutely zilch to do with how much football intelligence a player has and Olise has loads of it and is really creative.

Having said that, I think he's just done his hammy again so suspect Crystal Palace will be his future until he can prove that he can shake his injury issues.

Vale

Bring back Januzaj! :D

I'd rather see Olise or even Eze than Neto personally.

HankHill

Supports
Ewe Night Tid.
I'm all for this transfer, providing he can stay injury-free for the rest of the season.

He is much more dangerous and unpredictable than Antony and would be a much bigger and more multi-faceted threat from our right side.

UpWithRivers

Signing Olise is Ten Haag saying I fkd up on Antony. The dude is stubborn as a mule. He will never do that

HankHill

Supports
Ewe Night Tid.
Signing Olise is Ten Haag saying I fkd up on Antony. The dude is stubborn as a mule. He will never do that
That would be an extremely flimsy sword to die upon.

All he has to do to brush off any unwanted criticism of his Antony transfer is to highlight the need for depth of quality in all areas and competition for places.

Abraxas

He's a very talented player. Technically he looks "right" for a big club.

The only reservation I would have had previously is that his output was fairly low (which is trending towards improving) but obviously Palace have not always been a hugely ambitious side. So there's that.

But at Man United you obviously do have to get on the end of things and create consistently, not just look the part.

Rojofiam

Personally I’ll put Amad and Garnacho with Pellestri as back up on the right and spend our money on a left winger . Bin Antony and Sancho who is easier said than done .
Rashford-Olise wings with Garnacho as back up on both sides is better than this

Jonesno.8

Not certain I'd dump AWB, no issue with Olise, not watched him enough to be sure but sounds like he is a good deliverer and can take a man on so that's an upgrade. AWB while obviously no world beater is not the biggest of our issues.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Not certain I'd dump AWB, no issue with Olise, not watched him enough to be sure but sounds like he is a good deliverer and can take a man on so that's an upgrade. AWB while obviously no world beater is not the biggest of our issues.
I think it's more an opportunity to get Olise than a need to get rid of AWB. I suspect to Dalot and AWB are view as about the same level, good players but not elite. So losing one to upgrade to a true number RB like Frimpong while also getting Olise would be a win in my book.

DomM

I was actually thinking Eze could be a good fit, energetic, skillful, good freekick, fast and young, and seems a bit more robust.