Michael Oliver

SER19

I actually wonder if any United supporters have actually read the Law Book. Dalot’s reaction is a text book example of dissent, that he then does it again after getting the yellow. He played five minutes of extra time, adding an extra minute from the four that was posted

Am I happy with the two yellows, no but by the law book they weee justified.
I really fecking hate this pontificating that comes in every time. 'by the law book this and that.' the whole bloody point of peoples annoyance is that week in week out in every single fixture, INCLUDING TODAYS, you have players not booked for exactly this or for 'textbook dissent'..but dalot gets two inside 5 seconds. Is within 5 seconds even separate instances of dissent.

How can you not see what the actual problem is here? And what people are annoyed by? Did you watch any other matches at all this weekend and if so, why werent you coming in with your rule book calling for bookings for countless players. I bloody hate this sort of cherry picking pedantry in an attempt to seem level headed about a clearly horrific call.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I only just realised that both yellows were given for the same rant sequence :lol:

That is disgraceful.

Meanwhile Nunez got one yellow for elbowing, kicking the ball away, and then sarcastically clapping.

C'est Moi Cantona

I'm fine with it just as long as we see the same thing in every game from now on.

But clearly Oiliver has made it difficult for every ref from now on, as it's not something most refs do.

RoadTrip

I actually wonder if any United supporters have actually read the Law Book. Dalot’s reaction is a text book example of dissent, that he then does it again after getting the yellow. He played five minutes of extra time, adding an extra minute from the four that was posted

This really is a baffling take.

cyberman

In the 1.3 seconds between the cards supposedly. What a stupid post it is
Exactly this. It’s not even a 5 second sequence, Dalot reacts for a split second and it’s over, he’s adjusting his socks and scoping out the throw. It’s only 5 odd seconds because it takes Oliver 4 seconds to walk over and book him for whatever feck knows reason

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú

Can you please tell me all the instances where players have been given two yellows back to back for an offence like this. Refs are supposed to use common sense and not just use the laws blindly. What a ridiculous post

Loon

:lol:
I really do detest this cnut with his man child face. It’s not our fault his bollocks haven’t dropped yet.

RoadTrip

I'm fine with it just as long as we see the same thing in every game from now on.

But clearly Oiliver has made it difficult for every ref from now on, as it's not something most refs do.
Nah, I think it’s ridiculous to give two yellows.

Dissent stems from being emotionally annoyed about something. It’s absolutely right if a player emotionally reacts badly that they receive a yellow. It’s stupid though to give a yellow so soon after, simply because humans can’t switch off emotions just like that. Obviously, if he persistently loses it for (insert a lengthy period of time) then sure by all means. But he flung his arms around twice. It’s a pathetic second yellow.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Does he have a sensitive nose or something? I can't believe Dalot was sent off for this scent.

SER19

Exactly this. It’s not even a 5 second sequence, Dalot reacts for a split second and it’s over, he’s adjusting his socks and scoping out the throw. It’s only 5 odd seconds because it takes Oliver 4 seconds to walk over and book him for whatever feck knows reason
Olivers ego was hurt, or its something more sinister than that. If the footage of the second yellow is the threshold for a booking, and a red card, then there simply has to be 10-20 yellows per game. Arguing that this was a remotely justifiable red card is among the most stupid takes ive seen on the forum in 15 years.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Watch it again, slowly.
The ref gives him the first yellow as he does his 2nd rant.
He then calmly shuts up, effect of the yellow card sinking in. Only to be shocked, like anyone who understands, or has ever watched football that the ref is bizarrely double booking him for the same rolling incident.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

Didn't look after the yellow to me? Looked like he was booked twice for the same 'sequence' of complaint.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

It's actually not really

C'est Moi Cantona

I only just realised that both yellows were given for the same rant sequence :lol:

That is disgraceful.

Meanwhile Nunez got one yellow for elbowing, kicking the ball away, and then sarcastically clapping.
Yes that's a good point, Nunez reaction was far more worthy of 2 yellows if we're going down that route from now on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've no sympathy. Our players constantly get themselves in trouble for dissent. Based on what was said during the game, Dalot was warned and already on a yellow and he started swinging his arms and shouting.
Tell us you didn't actually watch the game, or more worryingly watched it, and still think the above happened.

He gesticulated, when it was actually our throw, the ref wandered over, he gesticulated again as the ref was showing him the first yellow.
He then calmed down immediately, and hadn't said anything extra,

The red was utterly bizarre and a very obvious "home" decision.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

That is disgraceful.

Yep, they kept on about the yellow being valid for making no attempt to play the ball, instead barging into Evans.

No mention of booting it miles clear, or the clapping.

whitbyviking

Lets revisit with the immediate heat removed.

A truly inexplicable decision. Two yellows withing 5 seconds, and footage clearly showing the 'second' instance being absolutely nothing. This is a man who simply had his ego hurt. He isnt fit to referee.

But I see people online saying it ruined a good referring performance.

Well, he let nunez hammer the ball fifty yards and sarcastically applaud, without as much as blinking.

Just before this, he made an insane call to give liverpool a free kick after endo clearly fouled hannibal.

He pulled us back instead of giving us advantage at one moment in the second half when a great outball looked on, despite playing every single beneficial advantage for liverpool.

It was another awful game from him. I would be incredibly confident that in years to come he will be exposed as having been a corrupt official.
I could definitely see a Clattenburg type book in it with some very dubious admissions.

putzmcgee123

Didn't look after the yellow to me? Looked like he was booked twice for the same 'sequence' of complaint.
100%. We must have been watching a different game or something. He was shown two yellows simultaneously, not one yellow, more complaining, then second yellow.

C'est Moi Cantona

Nah, I think it’s ridiculous to give two yellows.

Dissent stems from being emotionally annoyed about something. It’s absolutely right if a player emotionally reacts badly that they receive a yellow. It’s stupid though to give a yellow so soon after, simply because humans can’t switch off emotions just like that. Obviously, if he persistently loses it for (insert a lengthy period of time) then sure by all means. But he flung his arms around twice. It’s a pathetic second yellow.
Well they need to rescind the red then, top refs can't react like that in the heat of the moment if they're flying in the face of what happens week in week out without rectifying the mistake

Oliver will come out looking all the better for it if he just admits he got it wrong.

HookedOnAPhelan

Oh for fecks sake.

Many things can be justified "by the book". Hell, you could justify giving Nunez 3 yellows in the first half: one for the challenge on Evans, one for kicking the ball away, and one for applauding sarcastically. But he didn't. So to give Dalot two yellows for that is completely ludicrous. No ref with any sense makes that decision.

The Purley King

It didn’t really change the game. I really think it’ll be worth looking into his friends and families if they have put a big bet on a red card this match though. It was such a bizarre decision
It negatively affects us because as a top 4 rival to Newcastle we have a player suspension for one game.
Every little counts.
In the bank account.

90 + 5min

Wise from Ten Hag, the FA would make an example out of us after Aretea somehow got away with it last week

Nonsens from tenHag.

He need to call it out as it is. Don't be tricked by results because people usually do that. What have we done to have other rules when same things happen over and over again and nobody even raises eyebrown in other games.

Our club should also release some kind of official statement.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Odd evening to admit to being a dipper, but here we are.

HookedOnAPhelan

Nonsens from tenHag.

He need to call it out as it is. Don't be tricked by results because people usually do that. What have we done to have other rules when same things happen over and over again and nobody even raises eyebrown in other games.

Our club should also release some kind of official statement.
He did. He just did it in a way that doesn't open him up for punishment. Just like Mourinho's "If I speak" comment.

SER19

the fact that these people are even arguing whether it was or wasnt after the first yellow is proof of how ridiculous they sound. About 99.5% of people seem to agree that its a horror show from a weak, weak referee.

whitbyviking

The UAE trips followed by a run of the worst decisions in the league this season is remarkable.
Will be interesting to see if these odd coincidences follow a pattern.

For those who think there is no benefit for shafting us in matches not involving city we may not be rivals on the pitch but we definitely are off it. Taking the crown of the biggest team in the Premier League, if not the world, off the pitch is just a big prize as titles on it.

90 + 5min

He did. He just did it in a way that doesn't open him up for punishment. Just like Mourinho's "If I speak" comment.
That is like saying nothing. If he is scared of punishment he can do it in nice way or let club put out some statement. Put the light on it. Put the light on how we are being treated.