Michael Oliver

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Is it true that 75% of Olivers yellows for dissent are against United players?

Cloud7

Think PL/FA project him as such by giving him big games. Very similar to the Clattenburg situation.
The quality of the “high profile” PL referee has really gone downhill over the years. It was Webb for a while, who I thought was decent. Then Clattenburg was a huge drop off in quality coupled with seemingly a 300% increase in ego, then we get to this joker who is even worse.

Wing Attack Plan R

No it's not.
Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it wrong.
Just because for reasons known to him he didn't issue other yellows in the game, doesn't make it wrong.
Dalot showed dissent at two different decisions, one moment of dissent was directed directly at the referee, it's a yellow, end of.
You can direct as much vitriol and abuse at Oliver, as you want, but it doesn't change the fact he was right.
It was bad refereeing. What Oliver should have done, if he was insisting on booking Dalot for dissent, was to call the player over, calm him down, then brandish the yellow card. There is no need to whip out a yellow card and wave it at a player who is still heated. A good referee would have calmed the situation. Oliver is not a good referee. So there is no opportunity for a double-dissent thing if he does it right. That is how we are actually taught to do it when you get referee certifications. Oliver sucks ass.

Last edited:

SungSam7

It was bad refereeing. What Oliver should have done, if he was insisting on booking Dalot for dissent, was to call the player over, calm him down, then brandish the yellow card. There is no need to whip out a yellow card and wave it a player who is still heated. A good referee would have calmed the situation. Oliver is not a good referee. So there is no opportunity for a double-dissent thing if he does it right. That is how we are actually taught to do it when you get referee certifications. Oliver sucks ass.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. One yellow is enough, call him and calm him down, if he won't calm down, then produce a second yellow.

Michael Oliver though is a remake of Mark Clattenberg, always had it in himself to make to make controversial decision like this.

erikcred

The quality of the “high profile” PL referee has really gone downhill over the years. It was Webb for a while, who I thought was decent. Then Clattenburg was a huge drop off in quality coupled with seemingly a 300% increase in ego, then we get to this joker who is even worse.
Meh. Webb was just Liverpool's Michael Oliver. Remember the Ryan Babel tweet? Plus the guy allowed a kung fu kick in a world cup final.

All of them have been mediocre refs with occasional brain farts. Officiating in the PL gives them an undeserving aura of competence.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
One of the worse refs. Think it’s time we start bringing foreign refs over. Spanish/Italians.

irishred1980

First post.
This incident made me create an account.

Did anyone just witness van dijk ask the ref "was he drinking" after he gave a foul around 55th minute in this match?
The ref didnt blink....

No card. No reaction.
United need to present a case to the pl. This is unbelievable

Last edited:

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
First post.

Did anyone just witness van dijk ask the ref "was he drinking" after he gave a foul around 55th minute in this match?
The ref didnt blink....

No card. No reaction.
I spotted that.

TheRedHearted

First post.

The ref didnt blink....

No card. No reaction.
You are in the newbie forums until 3 likes or something, so doubt this is your first post?

and yeah, crazy

wow I see it says it’s your first post.. things have changed then. i couldn’t post in the main forum till 3 likes a couple years ago

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Saka stops a clear counter by barging into player. No card. Trossard moaning in his face. No card.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was watching your stream once I felt we'd secured three points and did have a chuckle when he blew for full time instead of giving you a last gasp free kick. :lol:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Was watching your stream once I felt we'd secured three points and did have a chuckle when he blew for full time instead of giving you a last gasp free kick. :lol:
:lol:

for once I’m going to defend a ref! Thought he was fine today, very rare I say that, but thought he did okay. No obvious huge decisions against us and didn’t feel the 50/50s were harsh.

Chipper

Adulterer.
To be fair, there was 9 added minutes and he played about 10 and a half because of Fulham's second.

I was waiting to fume at him thinking he'd blow up bang on 9! :lol:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

To be fair, there was 9 added minutes and he played about 10 and a half because of Fulham's second.

I was waiting to fume at him thinking he'd blow up bang on 9! :lol:
The VAR check for Maguire's equaliser ran over into stoppage time. It's not unreasonable to expect the ref to blow for a free kick in the 10th minute and let it play out.

Fitchett

I absolutely detest Michael Oliver, having shafted us so many times in the past. Sadly, United were so poor today, he didn't have to intervene to help Fulham to a deserved win.