Michael Oliver

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
It probably was. The alternative of course being that Hart for no apparent reason squared up to Oliver who himself wasn't bothered about it at all. That makes much more sense. Had this happened in say Hull-Southampton yesterday, no one would care at all. Instead a misleading still gets spread around and because everything in football needs to be a huge drama these days, its turning into Hart "headbutting" the ref.
Hart is always squaring up to people with very little provocation. So yea, it probably does make more sense than saying he has to shout at someone from an inch away for him to be able to hear him.

EverReddy

at least his ineptitude was consistent. City should have had more yellows... but also a pen or two and we should have had another red (Rojo). Overall I think it didn't benefit either side - he was just inept throughout. No arguments re Smalling

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Clearly hart was just getting his hair in shot. Lucky not to get booked. Ref was pretty dire. There are times to do your job and times to be sensible. He gave other players leeway but not Smalling. Just pull him aside and warn him one more and you're off. The fact is, it wasn't a dirty game. A bit of common sense. Not booking early is a joke and someone getting sent off for two offenses reeks of bullshit.

A ref shouldn't have the power to decide to start booking players after xxx minutes. It's a nonsense from Refs

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
Hart is always squaring up to people with very little provocation. So yea, it probably does make more sense than saying he has to shout at someone from an inch away for him to be able to hear him.
Even getting into his face is a booking at most (which refs for some reason rarely give). It's hardly a sending off offence.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Even getting into his face is a booking at most (which refs for some reason rarely give). It's hardly a sending off offence.
I didn't say it was. I think it could have been a yellow and a few other City players deserved yellows too that they didn't get. I just felt compelled to reply to you thinking he just wanted a word in his ear, as that clearly wasn't the case!

However I'm not complaining either, because we still got benefit of his decisions overall imo.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Overall shite, should of booked Clichy & Zabaleta before Smalling and Blind and should of given them at least 2 pens (and probably send Rojo off)

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Meh, he was fine. Clichy should have got a yellow early on, but bar that I don't have many complaints. He got the sending off spot on, and I didn't think any of them were penalties... Aguero was just swanning around looking for a penalty.

He was extremely strange with his yellow cards today, but Smalling can have no complaints.

He was right not to award any penalties too. Aguero was just out to con him today and luckily he saw through it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Having a go at refs is an easy way to get recognized on forums. They never got any credit.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
There were two penalties that were just clear as day.
Which two? I thought Aguero was fannying about for both of his to be honest, going down way to easily under pretty small contact.

I thought the Rojo one was, but other people seem to think he got a touch on the ball or something, so I don't know... haven't seen it since.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yeah, I doubt the Caf as a whole rates any referee these days. Which means either they all suck yet somehow keep their jobs or that we are too harsh on them.
Its an easy way for posters to be a part of discussions and have others agree with them. A way of feeling a part of the discussion without actually saying much.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Which two? I thought Aguero was fannying about for both of his to be honest, going down way to easily under pretty small contact.

I thought the Rojo one was, but other people seem to think he got a touch on the ball or something, so I don't know... haven't seen it since.
I actually thought the opposite. Both of Aguero's seemed obvious to me. Tripped by Carrick (?) and smashed in the heel by Fellaini. The Rojo/Toure one looked the right decision to me.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I actually thought the opposite. Both of Aguero's seemed obvious to me. Tripped by Carrick (?) and smashed in the heel by Fellaini. The Rojo/Toure one looked the right decision to me.
I'm 50/50 on the Fellaini one, I don't think the contact was severe enough for him to go down like he did... but fair enough if he gave it I suppose. The Carrick one though, he's just looking for a leg to fall over. If he was full on sprinting I'd get why he'd go down, but as he wasn't, it was just a bit too soft for me.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He was good overall and tried to manage the game. Should've given the pen on Rojo going through Yaya I think but that was the only decision I didn't agree with.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm 50/50 on the Fellaini one, I don't think the contact was severe enough for him to go down like he did... but fair enough if he gave it I suppose. The Carrick one though, he's just looking for a leg to fall over. If he was full on sprinting I'd get why he'd go down, but as he wasn't, it was just a bit too soft for me.
Definitely 50/50 - although Aguero was definitely fishing and a more gullible ref could've easily awarded it, as well as one or two other very similar situations where Fellaini and Aguero clashed in or near the box.

El Zoido

He was poor today, for both sides. The Smalling bookings were so clear cut, no ref could get them wrong.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
He made a few mistakes, but we benefited hugely from them so it would be disingenuous to complain too much. Could arguably have issued earlier yellows to a couple of City players, but those kinds of judgement calls are made all the time. He got the Smalling decisions right (although he deserves no credit for that considering Smalling made it so easy for him) and the biggest mistakes he made were not awarding City penalties.

NM

Should have given Arsenal a red, instead he calls fouls on our players whenever they breate.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Doesn't send off their fullback for the most blatant second yellow you'll ever see, but Di Maria taps him on the shoulder and out comes his penis extender. cnut.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So deliberately handles the ball but no booking.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's got almost everything right tonight.
Apart from a few fouls, not sending a player off and a yellow card which let to a sending off (albeit because of player stupidity but had he reffed correctly in the first place it wouldn't have happened), no yellow for a deliberate handball.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Same ref who let Hart get away with putting his face into his.

El Zoido

Yeah, you think we deserve 5 yellow and Arsenal 1?
Which ones were incorrect then? Di Maria, Young, Rojo and Fellaini were all 100% yellows he got right. Herreras maybe was soft but that's about it.

Ralaks

Di Maria was fair enough but that right back should have walked, and Monreal didnt get booked either for the most blatant handball on the edge, shite blind favorism