Michael Oliver

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Booking Blind and then bottling two far worse challanges from City was a bit of a joke, but once he keeps ignoring the penalties I'll forgive him.

What was Hart at :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I actually like him. Not in this game - he missed a couple of obvious yellows (even by his high standards) and a penalty on Aguero, but still.

FromTheBench

He hasn't given City any yellow cards so far which is bit bizarre considering what he booked Blind for example.

But we were lucky on that Rojo incident especially.

Jev

Missed two City penalties and a red for Rojo. We're lucky.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
I thought he was a good ref but he bottled a lot of calls today after the sending off.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Is this the weekly ref blaming thread then?

He fecked City over badly today.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
City can be pleased to have 3 points after that ref performance. Should have been 3 or 4 nil clear.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Surely no proper complaints after that, guys? City had three pens there that weren't given.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
By the letter of the law, Zabaleta should've had a yellow earlier on. He probably wouldn't have got sent off because he's a top player who isn't brainless, but if he was to get the yellow later on, he's off.

But the balance of the blatant pens they didn't get levels it out in some way.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Absolute shite today, that was an awful performance - he got decisions wrong like nearly every time for both sides bar the Smalling sending off. He wasn't biased, just utterly incompetent and demonstrated an arrogance like he'd already made it. Twat.

City should have had players booked, they made some crude and poorly timed challenges early on and throughout to be fair and at the same time they should have had about 4 penalties.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Terrible terrible referee, he got almost everything wrong.

Most baffling of all was the lack off appropriate added time.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Ridiculous decisions not to book Clichy and Zabaleta in the first half.

Booked Blind for a farily innocious challenge compared to the other two.

Then let Hart shit on his authority. Seriously, accepting that makes you lose what little respect the players have for him.

And missed two absolutely blatant penalties that City should've had.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
That picture is misleading. Oliver does some weird shit with his head and creates himself a double chin, but he doesnt really have one. When he has created the double chin for himself Hart barely touches him with his forehead. Its nothing.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He pretty obviously goes to say something in his ear, then the ref turns his head into him. A real fuss about nothing and a good example of how a picture can be extremely misleading.
It must have been fecking loud in that stadium for Hart to need to shout in his ear like that

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Surely no proper complaints after that, guys? City had three pens there that weren't given.
None. Not many bad calls against us. A free kick that RvP didn't get early in the game that led to a City chance. Not booking a player or two hardly matters in the grand scheme of the refereeing this match. He was pretty clear early on with how much slack he was given and he didn't really back down from that all game which is a plus. Blind's yellow was harsh in those terms but that's about it.

montpelier

I saw one penalty that is normally given. City should have finished with 10, too.

He didn't have a good game.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Most baffling of all was the lack off appropriate added time.
I agree. Lots of odd decisions both ways, and we benefited more. The added time was ridiculous though. 5 minutes is usually the standard amount. Rojo was down for ages, but that didn't seem to be added on. City took 30 seconds to take that final throw in, and he blows as soon as the ball is thrown.

Revan

Assumptionman
I like him but he was terrible today.

First mistake - Double rules on booking. Clichy and Zabaleta don't get booked for what are worse offenses than Blind's.
Second mistake - Hart should have been sent off. He should get banned for a few games retroactively. Obviously won't happen.
Third mistake - A few penalties for City and potentially another sending off for us.
Fourth mistake - Only 5 added minutes when only Rojo injury stopped the game for 5 minutes.

If it wasn't for him saving our arse when Fellaini was deciding to hit Aguero on the leg, then I would be asking for his head.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
It must have been fecking loud in that stadium for Hart to need to shout in his ear like that
It probably was. The alternative of course being that Hart for no apparent reason squared up to Oliver who himself wasn't bothered about it at all. That makes much more sense. Had this happened in say Hull-Southampton yesterday, no one would care at all. Instead a misleading still gets spread around and because everything in football needs to be a huge drama these days, its turning into Hart "headbutting" the ref.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He could've easily given a penalty or two for Aguero's antics in the box with Fellaini. Wasn't fooled by City's antics. Both his calls on Smalling were spot on. His only mistake was not carding Hart for the obvious head butt.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I agree. Lots of odd decisions both ways, and we benefited more. The added time was ridiculous though. 5 minutes is usually the standard amount. Rojo was down for ages, but that didn't seem to be added on. City took 30 seconds to take that final throw in, and he blows as soon as the ball is thrown.
Rojo was down for over 4 mins before being stretchered off, Rooney was down with cramp for a bit, there was the goal, numerous subs and plenty of other stoppages, I was expecting something like 8 mins at least.

Yea blowing straight after they'd spent 30 seconds taking a corner was also a joke.

He just did everything wrong today.