Michael Owen | Not getting a new contract

Are you glad Michael Owen is staying

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Varun

Staff
fans attach too much importance to a number; its a bit retarded. Its about the players performance not a number
Its the same with the media though. You just knew whoever was given it would be the "New United No. 7 taking over from Ron". It would never have helped a young player unless ofcourse he was as bullish about his ability as someone like Ronaldo is. Unnecessary attention which is better avoided.

Spoony

The People's President
Obviously, and for most the number of a shirt is irrelevant, but that's not to say United haven't played up to the effect over the years.
Yeah, it's a recent thing...since Robbo and the Sky revolution, of course it's not important but I think it's relevant to the discussion. I don't think a bit part player with an awful injury record would've been given a first 11 number had he not been expected to play more than the odd game. People harping on about value in the market may actually be right about this one...he was a cheap punt, one that didn't come off - no matter how good his movement was in training...

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Supposed to be having a medical at Everton.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
It would great if he ended up finishing his career at Everton. There's an entire generation of Liverpool fans who hoped Owen would be a one-man club, for him to then go onto Madrid, Newcastle, Manchester United and finally Everton.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Rumors that he's planning to retire.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Supposed to be having a medical at Everton.
Perfect - he can score the winner against us on the opening day and then be out for the season injured after that game :houllier:

Better option than Stoke of course, when fit he'd be wasted there under Pulis.

Retirement is unlikely I'd say; he can still command a wage so he'll probably continue.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Surely there's no way that Owen could pass a medical?

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
He just tweeted this

Delivery just arrived. Nicely stocked for the new season - just need a team now!!!

Doesn't sound like a man looking at retirement, I took a shine to him when he came to us, score some very important goals. Surely someone out there has a need for him? He showed from his time with us that he still has the ability to find the net.

Varun

Staff
:lol:

He'l surely get a team, just needs to mind his wage demands. Teams need goalscorers, he's one.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I'd be pleased for him to return to his boyhood club to make LFC supporters that little more deranged but not before we've gone to Goodison Park on the opening day (er, two days after the opening day) of the season.

Moriarty

I'd be pleased for him to return to his boyhood club to make LFC supporters that little more deranged but not before we've gone to Goodison Park on the opening day (er, two days after the opening day) of the season.
Is it a Monday kick off then? I didn't know that. feck Sky.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

Part of me wants to see him sign for Everton. Complete the circle of cuntishness. Especially given that he wasn't even a boyhood bluenose.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Part of me wants to see him sign for Everton. Complete the circle of cuntishness. Especially given that he wasn't even a boyhood bluenose.
His dad played for Everton. Are you sure he wasnt an Everton fan?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
His dad played for Everton. Are you sure he wasnt an Everton fan?
That's what he used to claim. He even chided Carragher for being a boyhood blue whilst he was himself always a red on a few occasions.

Drifter

American
Says he's had offers and just now needs to pick the right one.

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen
Getting closer to finding a new club. Had a good deal of interest but just need to pick right! Can't wait to get going again.