Gaming Microsoft shuts down Mixer, partnering with Facebook Gaming

Santos J

Crazy money effectively wasted on Ninja & Shroud and they'll make a shed load again when they sign a new deal with Twitch/YouTube. Never thought Mixer would take off but surprised it's done so soon.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Fanboys will act like this is some planned masterstroke, but the truth it they completely and utter balled up yet again with Mixer and bailed.

The xcloud integrating into FB gaming stuff may well be something good to come from it, but make no mistake, MS wanted their own platform and social media presence.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Fanboys will act like this is some planned masterstroke, but the truth it they completely and utter balled up yet again with Mixer and bailed.

The xcloud integrating into FB gaming stuff may well be something good to come from it, but make no mistake, MS wanted their own platform and social media presence.
I mean not a masterstroke really but it was kind of obvious that they were not turning down an obscene amount of money. More than made up for the dent in their subscribtion base.

Anything relating to Facebook is something I will actively avoid.

Bojan11

Twitch like YouTube has got too much of a stronghold. Was always going to be tough even when you throwing money left and right at top streamers to join you. Mixer also was not available on PS4, which was a big problem.

Bojan11

Also yesterday there was a tweet from a guy about how the management was racist at Mixer. So clearly Microsoft had no faith in management because been hearing few stories of low morale at mixer.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I mean not a masterstroke really but it was kind of obvious that they were not turning down an obscene amount of money. More than made up for the dent in their subscribtion base.

Anything relating to Facebook is something I will actively avoid.
I was talking about Microsoft, not Ninja and Shroud mate.

And yep, I wouldn't touch yet another thing associated with FB.