Microsoft Word

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Why the fudge is mine asking me to activate it? Every time I open it up it tells me to activate word, and won't let me type shit. It's been fine for the last 9 months, up until now. I have two essays in next week, and I could really do with being able to type shit, or else I don't fancy my chances of doing very well in them. The cocking internet activation won't even work, and I have no idea what my product key is as word just came installed on my laptop.

I'm assuming it must have been a trial version of office or something, but regardless how do I get around this? Can I download an older version of word for free or something?

All I want to do is type, is that so much to ask?

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I have 2007 home and office student edition if that helps. None of your codes worked though, but cheers. I have a code mind, and it accepts it, but my problem is it still won't let me type as after I input the product key, it then asks me to 'activate' microsoft word.

Girish II

I think there's a simple registry key hack that you can apply to fix this. Another option would be to use OpenOffice it's free and can open and save word documents.

wr8_utd

:'(
Put in some new CD keys and try, I guess. The version I've installed has never given me any issues.

Crustanoid

Can anyone shed any light on a problem I have in Microsoft Word (2010)?

I need to format a list of tables at the front of a report so that it reads:

TABLE 1
Title............................................. ............................1
TABLE 2
Title............................................. ............................2

etc

I have all the tables in the document set as captions (ie 'Table 1: Title'), have got to the modify box in order to change the font, but can't get the label on a different line to the table titles.

Any ideas?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Bumping an old thread to moan.

Has word recently become obsessed with conciseness? Every little thing is getting highlighted as not concise even using "have to" instead "must".

It's virtually like Kevin from The Office has taken it over.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Bumping an old thread to moan.

Has word recently become obsessed with conciseness? Every little thing is getting highlighted as not concise even using "have to" instead "must".

It's virtually like Kevin from The Office has taken it over.
I use it now more than ever after starting a new job. I have to write very wordy, professional letters and emails after never having to before, and i feel like id be lost without it :lol:. The reminding of commas after everything can get irritating, although i just end up agreeing and putting more and more in.

Last edited: