Mike's Sheep Draft

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Reinforcement Round 1 Selection 1 Results

GSTQ - FAIL (Pele) and FAIL (Paulo Roberto Falcao)
Sjor - PASS and FAIL (Pele)
Jim - FAIL (Pele) and FAIL (Ineligible Selection)
Enigma - FAIL (Pele) and FAIL (Ineligible Selection)
Chesterlestreet - FAIL (Paulo Roberto Falcao) and PASS
Marty - PASS and PASS
Zlatan - FAIL (Paolo Montero) and PASS
Indnyc - PASS and FAIL (Paolo Montero)

Block List: Jose Leandro Andrade, Franco Baresi, Giuseppe Bergomi, Paul Breitner, Billy Bremner, Matt Busby, Fabio Capello, Luis Carniglia, Johan Cruyff, Vicente Del Bosque, Alfredo Di Stefano, Stefan Effenberg, Sven-Goran Eriksson, Eusebio, Paulo Roberto Falcao, Rio Ferdinand, Manuel Fleitas Solich, Paul Gascoigne, Thierry Henry, Helenio Herrera, Denis Irwin, Roy Keane, Ronald Koeman, Jurgen Kohler, Ruud Krol, Philipp Lahm, Michael Laudrup, Denis Law, Cesare Maldini, Paolo Maldini, Diego Maradona, Lothar Matthaus, Stanley Matthews, Paul McGrath, Lionel Messi, Paolo Montero, Miguel Munoz, Pavel Nedved, Alessandro Nesta, Marc Overmars, Pele, Fernando Redondo, Frank Rijkaard, Bryan Robson, Romario, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes, Gaetano Scirea, Jaap Stam, Marco Tardelli, Lilian Thuram, Giovanni Trapattoni, Louis van Gaal, Obdulio Varela, Juan Sebastian Veron, Patrick Vieira, Berti Vogts, Xavi, Lev Yashin, Mario Zagallo, Branko Zebec, Zico

Please send your 2nd selection within the next 12 hours

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Reinforcement Round 1 Selection 2 Results

GSTQ - PASS and PASS
Sjor - PASS
Jim - FAIL (Player Already Drafted) and FAIL (Ineligible Selection)
Enigma - PASS and FAIL (Ineligible Selection)
Chesterlestreet - PASS
Zlatan - FAIL (Diego Forlan)
Indnyc - FAIL (Diego Forlan)

Block List: Jose Leandro Andrade, Franco Baresi, Giuseppe Bergomi, Paul Breitner, Billy Bremner, Matt Busby, Fabio Capello, Luis Carniglia, Johan Cruyff, Vicente Del Bosque, Alfredo Di Stefano, Stefan Effenberg, Sven-Goran Eriksson, Eusebio, Paulo Roberto Falcao, Rio Ferdinand, Manuel Fleitas Solich, Diego Forlan, Paul Gascoigne, Thierry Henry, Helenio Herrera, Denis Irwin, Roy Keane, Ronald Koeman, Jurgen Kohler, Ruud Krol, Philipp Lahm, Michael Laudrup, Denis Law, Cesare Maldini, Paolo Maldini, Diego Maradona, Lothar Matthaus, Stanley Matthews, Paul McGrath, Lionel Messi, Paolo Montero, Miguel Munoz, Pavel Nedved, Alessandro Nesta, Marc Overmars, Pele, Fernando Redondo, Frank Rijkaard, Bryan Robson, Romario, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes, Gaetano Scirea, Jaap Stam, Marco Tardelli, Lilian Thuram, Giovanni Trapattoni, Louis van Gaal, Obdulio Varela, Juan Sebastian Veron, Patrick Vieira, Berti Vogts, Xavi, Lev Yashin, Mario Zagallo, Branko Zebec, Zico

Please send your 3rd selections within the next 12 hours

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yeah, not sure how much of an upgrade that was all things said and done.

Slight perhaps, arguably, depending on the system.

Kicking myself for not going with another option - which I'm 99% sure nobody went for (at least not in the first round).

Enigma_87

You know who
@Zlatan 7 , why do you even need Forlan with Cantona and Van Basten? Couldnt let Indnyc have him, could you? :lol:
It was a very shite round to upgrade on two positions as very few top players overlap. You would need a very specific positions to get a nice combo here.

there was one CB /LW one that was very appealing and one CM/SS but decided against it and to improve my weakest spot as soon asI couldn’t land Pele.

For you however there was that LW/CB combo that would have upgraded those two sheep straight away.

Enigma_87

You know who

Kicking myself for not going with another option - which I'm 99% sure nobody went for (at least not in the first round).
Well at least if you didn’t have sheep you could’ve easily upgraded one position at least. Pool was good, but not good enough for 2.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
For you however there was that LW/CB combo that would have upgraded those two sheep straight away
I know who you are talking about, but with the likes of Muller/Van Basten/Etoo/Batistuta/Charles/Greaves in the mix, he'd be an absolute liability.

I think I have upgraded significantly but my team still doesn't match up to some R1 teams :lol:

I think your R2 pick has ended the draft as a competition for the likes of Jim/Sjor who could have still won. Needing only 1 reinforcement is a huge bonus in this round.

Last edited:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well at least if you didn’t have sheep you could’ve easily upgraded one position at least. Pool was good, but not good enough for 2.
Yep - should have gone for one clear and undeniable upgrade plus a "sheep" (relatively speaking).

OR the combo I referred to above, which amounts to two unpicked players (nothing less), both of whom would have been upgrades given my most plausible setup/system (I would argue), at least in terms of making the team easy/easier to sell.

Last edited:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
@Zlatan 7 , why do you even need Forlan with Cantona and Van Basten? Couldnt let Indnyc have him, could you? :lol:
Indy stopped me having Montero and I really needed him. Didn’t know anyone else on the Uruguay team apart from Forlan.
And yeah, like feck was Indy getting forlan after blocking my Montero :lol:
He should have gone for forlan first, he’s got John Walters ffs

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
By the way - I'm a bit puzzled by GSTQ's first round combo: was that a genuine/legit combo or did you misread the rules?

To be clear - did Falcao and Pele finish last/2nd-to-last for respective teams in a league/group at any point?

GodShaveTheQueen

By the way - I'm a bit puzzled by GSTQ's first round combo: was that a genuine/legit combo or did you misread the rules?

To be clear - did Falcao and Pele finish last/2nd-to-last for respective teams in a league/group at any point?
There you go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974_Campeonato_Brasileiro_Série_A

Third phase[edit]
PosTeamPtsPldWDLGFGAGD
1Cruzeiro4312053+2
2Vasco da Gama4312054+1
3Santos2310246-2
4Internacional2302145-1

Pele played for Santos and P.R. Falcao for Internacional

https://rsssfbrasil.com/tablesae/br1974.htm

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
There you go.
Very nice - I was thinking along those lines myself when I saw the criteria, but couldn't be arsed to do any research.

The obvious Pele pick would've been the World Cup (with a non-spectacular player to make up the combo) - which is probably what most went for.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

same feelings

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
You had such a good upgrade for Etoo keeping your setup intact. Should have gone for him.
The same player would have been perfect for Chester too.
if we are thinking of the same player then i dont really like him + not even sure if he was an upgrade on Eto'o.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The same player would have been perfect for Chester too.
Hm - yes, possibly (if we're talking about the same guy). But unless I've overlooked something (which I probably have) that would've been a great + dud-ish combo for me (given what I need and who is blocked).

If I had landed Falcao + the guy I landed, that would have been better overall.

Enigma_87

You know who
Hm - yes, possibly (if we're talking about the same guy). But unless I've overlooked something (which I probably have) that would've been a great + dud-ish combo for me (given what I need and who is blocked).

If I had landed Falcao + the guy I landed, that would have been better overall.
For a team without a sheep it was night impossible to upgrade 2 positions this round.

Even the Falcao - Pele route was not for me, because if Pele got blocked and I ended up with Falcao the pick from the other team would be worthless for me.

Falcao on its own was a great pick but for that position I had probably 2 better players that would've been better pick for me.

The RWF would have came with a dud - true.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Upgrade round and I had to chose a sheep.

full steam ahead Marcos Rojo

GodShaveTheQueen

For a team without a sheep it was night impossible to upgrade 2 positions this round.
Not true. Especially in your case. You probably got Platini but when I was searching Rivaldo/Mauro Silva was one good pair that came up which upgrades both Sterling and Dinu.

I am revealing names as Indnyc is boring me and he anyways can't pick any of them

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Indy got Uruguayans from 02. Surely can’t take that long to choose, ha