Mike's Sheep Draft

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Lula Batistuta, Konima, WE7FE NEXT VERSION :lol:
Looks legit.
DVD game :lol: I've seen these types of covers and are bootleg versions.

Enigma_87

You know who
Lula Batistuta, Konima, WE7FE NEXT VERSION :lol:
Looks legit.
DVD game :lol: I've seen these types of covers and are bootleg versions.

Well it's on the market, definitely a cover and a dvd game, so I think no less legit than some of the other type of distributors.. :)

Game Affair and Konima stamps on it too..

Besides, the criteria has this in it:

Pick a player that has appeared on the cover of a video game.
Bootleg or not it's a video game sold on the market so should be validated, as the criteria doesn't say it has to be an official distributor or whatever.

Last edited:

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
I remember the good old days when Sjor counted every hair on Desailly's chest before approving/rejecting picks. Now that was dedicated cross verification.

Round 9 Pick 1 Results

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Round 9 Pick 1 Results

GSTQ - FAIL (Dragan Dzajic)
Sjor - PASS
Jim - FAIL (Drgan Dzajic)
Pnut - FAIL (Ineligible Pick)
The Stain - FAIL (Ronald Koeman)
Enigma - FAIL (Marco Tardelli)
Chesterlestreet - PASS
Marty - FAIL (Paul Breitner)
Moby - FAIL (Marco Tardelli)
King Kendrick - PASS
Isotope - PASS
Pat Mustard - PASS
Zlatan - FAIL (Ronald Koeman)
EAP - FAIL (Marco Tardelli)
Indnyc - FAIL (Paul Breitner)
Physiocrat - FAIL (Paul Breitner)

Block List: Jose Leandro Andrade, Franco Baresi, Giuseppe Bergomi, Paul Breitner, Billy Bremner, Matt Busby, Fabio Capello, Luis Carniglia, Johan Cruyff, Vicente Del Bosque, Alfredo Di Stefano, Dragan Dzajic, Sven-Goran Eriksson, Eusebio, Rio Ferdinand, Manuel Fleitas Solich, Paul Gascoigne, Thierry Henry, Helenio Herrera, Denis Irwin, Roy Keane, Ronald Koeman, Jurgen Kohler, Philipp Lahm, Michael Laudrup, Denis Law, Cesare Maldini, Paolo Maldini, Diego Maradona, Lothar Matthaus, Stanley Matthews, Paul McGrath, Lionel Messi, Miguel Munoz, Pavel Nedved, Alessandro Nesta, Marc Overmars, Fernando Redondo, Frank Rijkaard, Bryan Robson, Romario, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes, Gaetano Scirea, Jaap Stam, Marco Tardelli, Lilian Thuram, Giovanni Trapattoni, Louis van Gaal, Obdulio Varela, Juan Sebastian Veron, Patrick Vieira, Xavi, Lev Yashin, Mario Zagallo, Branko Zebec, Zico

Please send your 2nd picks within the next 12 hours

Last edited:

Enigma_87

You know who
I remember the good old days when Sjor counted every hair on Desailly's chest before approving/rejecting picks. Now that was dedicated cross verification.
I always send credible sources when I make my picks and usually check everything up to avoid dodgy picks.

One of the very rare occasions that I jumped on the gun here without looking for an official source and that backfired, of course.

For the manager and Garrincha pick I even got a source from Selecao Brasileira book that has the full squads/managers and opposition teams during their entire history because they overlapped for a very short amount of span.

https://books.google.bg/books?id=e7...v=onepage&q=garrincha osvaldo brandao&f=false

for anyone interested ^^. It's a good book in terms of stats.

GodShaveTheQueen

I always send credible sources when I make my picks and usually check everything up to avoid dodgy picks
No need to justify. I would have tried as well. It's Michael I am pissed with. Mostly for Cruyff. That 1974 FIFA picture could have been identified as a fake even by an amateur :lol:

Moby

Dick
Round 9 Pick 1 Results

GSTQ - FAIL (Dragan Dzajic)
Sjor - PASS
Jim - FAIL (Drgan Dzajic)
Pnut - FAIL (Ineligible Pick)
The Stain - FAIL (Ronald Koeman)
Enigma - FAIL (Marco Tardelli)
Chesterlestreet - PASS
Marty - FAIL (Paul Breitner)
Moby - FAIL (Ronald Koeman)
King Kendrick - PASS
Isotope - PASS
Pat Mustard - PASS
Zlatan - FAIL (Ronald Koeman)
EAP - FAIL (Marco Tardelli)
Indnyc - FAIL (Paul Breitner)
Physiocrat - FAIL (Paul Breitner)

Block List: Jose Leandro Andrade, Franco Baresi, Giuseppe Bergomi, Paul Breitner, Billy Bremner, Matt Busby, Fabio Capello, Luis Carniglia, Johan Cruyff, Vicente Del Bosque, Alfredo Di Stefano, Dragan Dzajic, Sven-Goran Eriksson, Eusebio, Rio Ferdinand, Manuel Fleitas Solich, Paul Gascoigne, Thierry Henry, Helenio Herrera, Denis Irwin, Roy Keane, Ronald Koeman, Jurgen Kohler, Philipp Lahm, Michael Laudrup, Denis Law, Cesare Maldini, Paolo Maldini, Diego Maradona, Lothar Matthaus, Stanley Matthews, Paul McGrath, Lionel Messi, Miguel Munoz, Pavel Nedved, Alessandro Nesta, Marc Overmars, Fernando Redondo, Frank Rijkaard, Bryan Robson, Romario, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes, Gaetano Scirea, Jaap Stam, Marco Tardelli, Lilian Thuram, Giovanni Trapattoni, Louis van Gaal, Obdulio Varela, Juan Sebastian Veron, Patrick Vieira, Xavi, Lev Yashin, Mario Zagallo, Branko Zebec, Zico

Please send your 2nd picks within the next 12 hours
I picked Tardelli not Koeman.

Enigma_87

You know who
No need to justify. I would have tried as well. It's Michael I am pissed with. Mostly for Cruyff. That 1974 FIFA picture could have been identified as a fake even by an amateur :lol:
Aye, picking Cruyff from the off would avoided all issues and made everyone happy. :D Bar Edgar of course.

Enigma_87

You know who
Maybe but you’ve had about 3 days to find it ffs :lol:
Naming the game was rather request, not a requirement :angel:

Didn't want to spoil it with the most dodgy pick in the round as all criteria and draft has been excellent so far.

2nd pick sent. This round will be carnage, considering many need players in same positions..

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Mr. Brexit is the king of the first round.

GodShaveTheQueen

Close, but tbf was pretty certain GS will go for the same.

Sent.
Sorry mate, I sent the very first decent pick that I found browsing wiki from the first ballon dor list.

I think I might have probably blocked you again :(

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Mr. Brexit is the king of the first round.
King of the low-risk approach too - which could end up feckin' me over. Lots of GOATs in these squads.

Anyway - GSTQ is more of a Brexiter than me (granted, two of his Brexit boys are sheep).

Mustard is also worse than me if you include players who weren't British (but Irish and very much associated with the English league).

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Biggest regret: I could have picked up Beckenbauer easily if I hadn't gone for the safe option.

Arguably, Beckenbauer and Franklin wouldn't have been an ideal combo at the back - but obviously, Beckenbauer ffs.

Enigma_87

You know who
I haven't done more than few mins research per round....and it shows in how many sheep I have. Probably better if I had skipped it.

At least I managed to screw up one poster, so worth it. Am happy.
Sometimes the most obvious picks go through, but seeing Chester the sensible approach is probably the best in terms of having a quality distributed in each position.

Biggest regret: I could have picked up Beckenbauer easily if I hadn't gone for the safe option.

Arguably, Beckenbauer and Franklin wouldn't have been an ideal combo at the back - but obviously, Beckenbauer ffs.
You could've gotten Beckenbauer back in the manager's round.

Mind boggling no one went for the best and most obvious option - Lattek and Beckenbauer/Maradona.

Marty1968

Sometimes the most obvious picks go through, but seeing Chester the sensible approach is probably the best in terms of having a quality distributed in each position.

You could've gotten Beckenbauer back in the manager's round.

Mind boggling no one went for the best and most obvious option - Lattek and Beckenbauer/Maradona.
Could've also got Maradona and Messi in the manager round too (although i'm sure someone would've made the argument that they couldn't play together!). :lol: :houllier:

GodShaveTheQueen

The best way usually to play sheep drafts is to play a little safe but if anyone had been adventurous every round till now, they would have won it quite easily. Looks like everyone played safe. Although my team is similarly shite and among the worst along with Edgar's, there are very few teams I like out there in this draft. Maybe 4-5 at best.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The best way usually to play sheep drafts is to play a little safe...
Yes - but the upside to playing it safe is (obviously) that you end up with a sheep free XI. If most teams don't feature insane star dust, this will be a huge benefit. But in a scenario where multiple teams do feature insane star dust - well, there you have it: a GOAT can easily balance out a sheep, depending on the circumstances. *

* Depends on how bad the sheep is and whether he plays in a crucial position (for the team in question).

GodShaveTheQueen

Yes - but the upside to playing it safe is (obviously) that you end up with a sheep free XI. If most teams don't feature insane star dust, this will be a huge benefit.
I think having two sheep's is okay. You only need to play one and that would be replaced in reinforcements. Some teams don't even have 1 sheep even though they could have afforded 1.

Playing safe only helps with a tough round 1 draw IMO. The winner will probably be the one with most voting winning pulls from initial drafting.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Considering you’ve done no research you’re always last to pick :lol:

Round 9 Pick 2 Results

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Round 9 Pick 2 Results

GSTQ - PASS
Jim - PASS
Pnut - FAIL (Player Already Drafted)
The Stain - PASS
Enigma - FAIL (Stefan Effenberg)
Marty - FAIL (Player Already Drafted)
Moby - FAIL (Stefan Effenberg)
Zlatan - FAIL (Player Blocked)
EAP - PASS
Indnyc - FAIL (Player Already Drafted)
Physiocrat - FAIL (Stefan Effenberg)

Block List: Jose Leandro Andrade, Franco Baresi, Giuseppe Bergomi, Paul Breitner, Billy Bremner, Matt Busby, Fabio Capello, Luis Carniglia, Johan Cruyff, Vicente Del Bosque, Alfredo Di Stefano, Dragan Dzajic, Stefan Effenberg, Sven-Goran Eriksson, Eusebio, Rio Ferdinand, Manuel Fleitas Solich, Paul Gascoigne, Thierry Henry, Helenio Herrera, Denis Irwin, Roy Keane, Ronald Koeman, Jurgen Kohler, Philipp Lahm, Michael Laudrup, Denis Law, Cesare Maldini, Paolo Maldini, Diego Maradona, Lothar Matthaus, Stanley Matthews, Paul McGrath, Lionel Messi, Miguel Munoz, Pavel Nedved, Alessandro Nesta, Marc Overmars, Fernando Redondo, Frank Rijkaard, Bryan Robson, Romario, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes, Gaetano Scirea, Jaap Stam, Marco Tardelli, Lilian Thuram, Giovanni Trapattoni, Louis van Gaal, Obdulio Varela, Juan Sebastian Veron, Patrick Vieira, Xavi, Lev Yashin, Mario Zagallo, Branko Zebec, Zico

Please send your 3rd picks within the next 12 hours.