Mikhi needs to improve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantonagotmehere

:wenger:

Micki Tactics/Rundown Analysis

- We buy him as RW and put him as #10
- We buy him to play fast attacking football, we line up pure defensive, especially top 6
- We know he was a confidence player, yet we put all the pressure on him to run the team
- Has nobody to pass quick 1 2's, which is what made him a great player at BVB in the first place
- Has nobody bringing the ball up from the defensive mid, (other than Pogba) has to go pass the halfway line to get it, even then forward players are miles away to play forward to pass to.
- We know he is weak on the ball, yet we always isolate him, hoping he can beat 2-3 players by himself (unrealistic)
- We have no hold up play from our forwards (Lukaku pretty bad at this, Ibra was much better), so even after we bypass midfield by slinging the ball from defense to our forwards (worst style of football), by the time he opens up to receive the ball, we loose possession.
- Is very much reliant on surroundings and thrives in team play, not solo, we have no concept of team play, ( I do blame JM on this)
- Even though our entire team is in shit form, he seems to be getting all the blame ( he has been bad for the limited opportunities he gets, but not 100% at fault)

The odds are stacked so high against him that it becomes pointless to have him in the starting 11 at the moment

I have been a Micki fan for a while now, and also a Man Utd supporter for years.... so I was thrilled when they signed him thinking the brand of football would change here at Man Utd. But instead, Jose has us playing his usual prehistoric type of football and refuses to adjust to the new age. JM is a great coach and nobody can say otherwise, but him signing new age players and trying to fit them into his old playing style just isnt gonna work.

PS ... for all those who think OZIL is gonna solve our problems at #10 :wenger:
Huh? Great or prehistoric? Both?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
At this moment in time seems like yet another Dortmund player who thrived in a certain system and will not replicate his best form here. I had such high hopes for himself and kagawa. I'll wait until pogba gets back in the team and see if that makes any difference but after a decent start he's been one of our least effective players over the last 5/6 matches. Also it seems he doesn't show up against big teams for us (relatively small sample size granted) is it a coincidence he's racking up good stats against poor and already beaten teams at the start of the season and in last years EL? We need players who can take even the most difficult games by the scruff of the neck. I'm just not feeling it at the minute. Few monents of brilliance aside, which make me wonder, he's been a poor signing so far and I really do understand players need time to settle in. I wasn't too fussed about his indifferent start last year but this is getting to crunch time now for him.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
Some people are saying he is not talented, can those people please explain how a player with no talent became Bundesliga's player of the season in 2015–16? Some people are also saying he has done nothing, according to that logic even Herrera, Lukaku, Rashford, Fellaini, Lingard, etc haven't done anything the last couple of games. So should we bench all these players? I am not saying that he has been playing well, I agree that he has to improve but stop blaming one guy when the whole team plays like shit. I didn't watch him play at Dortmund but whatever I have seen of him shows that he will thrive in a team which plays faster and more attacking style of football. Blame the midfielders and defenders for taking too much time to pass the ball and allowing the opposition players to get in position to defend or blame Mourinho for buying a player who isn't suited to his tactics or style of play.

Smores

Our forced style of play with two deep sitting midfielders certainly doesn't help him but his fans in here need to recognise he's also been shit at the fundamentals this season so there is plenty of valid criticism to be had.

I don't see him working here he's another Kagawa. In this league its not enough to rely completely on your team you have to be able to keep the ball through your own skill when under pressure.

Bestietom

I just hope it is only a blip when Pogba was out. All our forwards seem to have fallen behind and the goals have dried up. I hope we can return to the way we played in the first 6/7 games and score lots of goals when Pogba returns.

With more forward play the likes of Mkhi and Lukaku and others can get back to form quickly. A few games should show us if we can get back to that standard.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
Our forced style of play with two deep sitting midfielders certainly doesn't help him but his fans in here need to recognise he's also been shit at the fundamentals this season so there is plenty of valid criticism to be had.
He deserves some criticism and he has been shit at some things but no one said anything when we were playing well at the start of the season, but now people are saying that he isn't talented and that they would play Lingard instead of him. What I am saying is we can't blame only him when there is no proper teamwork in the team.

Smores

He deserves some criticism and he has been shit at some things but no one said anything when we were playing well at the start of the season, but now people are saying that he isn't talented and that they would play Lingard instead of him. What I am saying is we can't blame only him when there is no proper teamwork in the team.
Well i think its fairly obvious that he's a player that plays well when the team is playing well and struggles when we're not. You'd hope we'd play well most of the time but in reality a top club can't carry such a fair weather attacking player and it seems to hit his confidence when these poor periods happen hence the basic mistakes.

Hopefully Pogba coming back allows him a midfield runner to play off but long term i don't see it.

fellaini's barber

I don't know why people feel the need to come up with all sort of excuses whenever a player is being shite for no matter how long, they did for Rooney for about 3 seasons, 'he needs to play as 10, 9, 8,7' whenever he was trash at his current position. There's no reason any proffessional footballer can be as atrocious as Mkhi has been for us all season. What has the 'system' got to do with his inability to make the most simplest of passes? What can Mourinho to stop him looking like he can be dispossessed a 12 year old?

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
There's no reason any proffessional footballer can be as atrocious as Mkhi has been for us all season. What has the 'system' got to do with his inability to make the most simplest of passes?
I am not a football expert but having skill or talent doesn't mean that the player will automatically become a world class player. There are plenty of other reasons which could have an impact on how a player performs. Reasons like training too hard, not enjoying the way he is being asked to play, psychological issues, criticism from the manager, not having the freedom to play his game, etc. He was atrocious in his first season because he was getting used to the PL just like Pogba last year but he played well in the beginning of this season with many assists. I think he should have stayed at Dortmund or joined some other team with some other manager because it looks like he is not enjoying playing under Mourinho.

fellaini's barber

I am not a football expert but having skill or talent doesn't mean that the player will automatically become a world class player. There are plenty of other reasons which could have an impact on how a player performs. Reasons like training too hard, not enjoying the way he is being asked to play, psychological issues, criticism from the manager, not having the freedom to play his game, etc. He was atrocious in his first season because he was getting used to the PL just like Pogba last year but he played well in the beginning of this season with many assists. I think he should have stayed at Dortmund or joined some other team with some other manager because it looks like he is not enjoying playing under Mourinho.
Well I'm sure he wasn't complaining when he was racking up assists agaist shite teams. I don't think what we're seeing here has a lot to with Mourinho, if anything I think Mourinho has been uncharacteristically too patient with him. Most managers would have binned him long ago. Crap game after crap game he keeps getting picked, yet people still blame Jose. Mind you I'm not saying Jose's management is perfect, hell I was making this excuse myself first few games when Mkhi was crap as I really loved the guy, but after a while you just have to admit a player is crap. Look at Herrera, LVG treated him in the worst possible way yet whenever he's given the chance he impressed even though it affected his form for a while. Mourinho's tactics is not getting the best of any of our attacking players, but if Lukaku, Rashford start looking as hopeless as Mkhi has been all season I won't be making any excuses for them. Bad management or not there's a level of shitnesss that is not acceptable or excusable for a proffessional footballer and thats what Mkhi has been putting out this season and he seems like he's getting worse every game

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I did. He was just as bad at the beginning but managing to get an assist each game which nobody seemed to be able to look past. I said at the time he obviously won't sustain that and when he doesn't everyone's opinion will change.

I said that about our attack as a whole , too. It had no structure or real quality to what we were doing.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
He's a decent player, not top draw.

Much the rest of our attacking options.

Simple as that.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
Well I'm sure he wasn't complaining when he was racking up assists agaist shite teams. I don't think what we're seeing here has a lot to with Mourinho, if anything I think Mourinho has been uncharacteristically too patient with him. Most managers would have binned him long ago. Crap game after crap game he keeps getting picked, yet people still blame Jose. Mind you I'm not saying Jose's management is perfect, hell I was making this excuse myself first few games when Mkhi was crap as I really loved the guy, but after a while you just have to admit a player is crap. Look at Herrera, LVG treated him in the worst possible way yet whenever he's given the chance he impressed even though it affected his form for a while. Mourinho's tactics is not getting the best of any of our attacking players, but if Lukaku, Rashford start looking as hopeless as Mkhi has been all season I won't be making any excuses for them. Bad management or not there's a level of shitnesss that is not acceptable or excusable for a proffessional footballer and thats what Mkhi has been putting out this season and he seems like he's getting worse every game
Mourinho is a good manager but I don't think he cares whether Mkhitaryan plays well or not, but this season Mourinho has done better by playing him even though he has played badly in some games. But Mkhi needs a different type of manager and team. A manager like Kloop, you can understand what I mean when you read this http://www.goal.com/en-in/news/how-klopp-saved-midfield-maestro-mkhitaryan/yjk1xdfbasv91b69pagp38twd. I am not saying that Mourinho needs to hold his hand and guide him everytime he has a bad game, he is old enough to motivate himself to an extent but needs some more motivation,confidence and freedom from the manager. That is why I feel that it's not going to work out with Mourinho and Mkhi. Most of our players have been shit the last couple of games, hopefully Pogba coming back will make the whole team and Mkhi play better.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Mourinho is a good manager but I don't think he cares whether Mkhitaryan plays well or not, but this season Mourinho has done better by playing him even though he has played badly in some games. But Mkhi needs a different type of manager and team. A manager like Kloop, ...
Who is Kloop? :lol:

In any case, when a player is playing really badly, it isn't about the manager, unless he is telling the player to play a certain way, which the player doesn't know how to. But that is not the case here.
Here, we are seeing a limited player, struggle with the rigours of the premier league. It is incredibly physical and Miki just hasn't come to terms with it.
It seems that he has actually got worse, after a season sent getting used to the EPL.

Could it be a Dortmund problem, where no Dortmund player does well at MUFC or the EPL? Who knows.
Whatever the case, Miki looks as if he is in decline, which is astonishing for someone of his age.

Nostradamus

Can’t even predict the past
Some people are saying he is not talented, can those people please explain how a player with no talent became Bundesliga's player of the season in 2015–16?
He didnt even make the Top5

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/..._fussballer-des-jahres-2016_das-ergebnis.html

Mourinho is a good manager but I don't think he cares whether Mkhitaryan plays well or not, but this season Mourinho has done better by playing him even though he has played badly in some games. But Mkhi needs a different type of manager and team. A manager like Kloop, you can understand what I mean when you read this
But Klopp also didnt get the best out of him and his 2nd season was a desaster. Tuchel was the man giving him full trust within a more possession based approach and fluid attacking style.

meninred

Yes he has to fast improve..There are lot of players ahead of him in his position in the premiere league ..infact some of the clubs has two better players

ericson..delle ali..//coutiniho.//.silva..debryne..etc

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
He didnt even make the Top5

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/..._fussballer-des-jahres-2016_das-ergebnis.html

I was talking about Bundesliga Players' Player of the Season and you are talking about Footballer of the Year.

But Klopp also didnt get the best out of him and his 2nd season was a desaster. Tuchel was the man giving him full trust within a more possession based approach and fluid attacking style.
What I said was a manager similar to Kloop, a manager who makes his team play attacking football instead of a counter attacking style like Mourinho. As you said Tuchel gave him full trust with fluid attacking style which Mourinho might not do. I am not laying all the blame on the manager, all I am saying is that Mkhi would thrive in a different team which attacks more and plays faster football like City or Barcelona.

Nostradamus

Player of the Season or Footballer of the Year? What?

That's both the same. There is only one vote..Fußballer des Jahres! Footballer of the year!

Mkhitaryan was voted by a meaningless player vote. A vote nobody has ever given a feck about, cos its highly biased and laughable.

Nobody has ever cared about it, but Mourinho used that nonsense to praise his signing.

Best Player of BL:lol:

@SachinJ22 Please change your quote BTW as I have not written it.

Edit: Players' player I see..yes thats true and nobody cares about it..worst player was Kampl:lol: who had a relatively good season btw..totally laughable nonsense

Last edited:

Nostradamus

What I said was a manager similar to Kloop, a manager who makes his team play attacking football instead of a counter attacking style like Mourinho. As you said Tuchel gave him full trust with fluid attacking style which Mourinho might not do. I am not laying all the blame on the manager, all I am saying is that Mkhi would thrive in a different team which attacks more and plays faster football like City or Barcelona.
I agree with that totally, but Klopp was also not ideal for him.

I have already written here somewhere, that Mourinho and Mkhi doesnt seem to work and I would get rid of one of them.

Litch

Yes he has to fast improve..There are lot of players ahead of him in his position in the premiere league ..infact some of the clubs has two better players

ericson..delle ali..//coutiniho.//.silva..debryne..etc
Couldn't buy any of them for what we paid for Mikki. I think he needs to improve but his lack of form more recently dipped when our game became more defensive post Pogs injury. Before that, he was pretty decent...

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Had high hopes for Miki, desperately wanted him to work and thus afforded him all the patience in the world. But the gap inbetween his good and bad performances is absolutely ridiculous. Can get knocked off the ball by an opposition fart, will complete a sensational pass to set off a counter attack (against us) when it’s much more easier to find a team mate, all the while being useless when the team is out of possession.

Would much rather keep Mata around than him.

suhaylah

Needs to be sold and bring a number 10 and a RW as soon as possible

Craig Ward

I just hope it is only a blip when Pogba was out. All our forwards seem to have fallen behind and the goals have dried up. I hope we can return to the way we played in the first 6/7 games and score lots of goals when Pogba returns.

With more forward play the likes of Mkhi and Lukaku and others can get back to form quickly. A few games should show us if we can get back to that standard.
Really irks me when people blame all our forward issue's on missing Pogba.

Pogba is not the sole reason we are falling behind, its a combination of a number of things. We scored plenty of goals without Pogba. I think the main issue is tactics, the beginning of the season we were fluid fast paced in attack, now we are back to defensive minded jose style football. Miki is not solely to blame, but agree that he needs to improve. Every single utd player does currently

Nikelesh Reddy

He better improve now,cause if he doesn't,then Zlatans going to walk straight back into the team....Zlatans can be an excellent foil for Romelu,he can play as a 10 behind Lukaku....

Status
Not open for further replies.