Gaming Minecraft | New caf 1.18 SMP server SIGN UP?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Got the outline of the monorail sorted. If anyone is bored and wants to help build it, the majority of it has been laid out in various stages and is quite simple to carry on the finished template that's in parts of it (through my house and from spawn to GC), only andesite blocks and slabs are required. The section around spawn and @I_live_cement has been tunneled out but @harms mountain still needs tunneling. Even just andesite donations would help a ton
It shouldn't be too hard by the way. I'll help out and there's also a haste 2 beacon that should cover most of my mountain.

Last edited:

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I think Cartographers are the way to go for emeralds. They will give an emerald for 5 glass panes with discount. 6 glass = 16 panes so 3 emeralds for every 6 glass. So you have 2 easy options for emerald generating.

1.) Just get loads of sand and melt it into glass = free emeralds.
2.) Trade 3 emeralds with a librarian for 12 glass which makes 32 panes which you trade back to the cartographer for 6 emeralds doubling up every time.

Zarlak

Ok it's not pretty, but I built a tunnel from the guardian fish farm all the way to a blaze spawner. I gotta get in there and build a farm around it and then connect the tunnel to the spawn nether portal instead and build a railway track because it's a loooong way about a good 4 minutes run.

harms

Staff

Got the outline of the monorail sorted. If anyone is bored and wants to help build it, the majority of it has been laid out in various stages and is quite simple to carry on the finished template that's in parts of it (through my house and from spawn to GC), only andesite blocks and slabs are required. The section around spawn and @I_live_cement has been tunneled out but @harms mountain still needs tunneling. Even just andesite donations would help a ton
I've cleared out the tunnel that goes out through my base, the only thing left is the part after the turn where it goes through the mountain.

Don't do the supports when it goes over the air tough, I'll do them myself once you're done.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I've cleared out the tunnel that goes out through my base, the only thing left is the part after the turn where it goes through the mountain.

Don't do the supports when it goes over the air tough, I'll do them myself once you're done.
Sure do you mean inside the mountain or outside over the land?

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
@Vidic_In_Moscow @harms where ish on the dynamap is the end portal located?

Easiest way is to boat right to it, you'll see some scaffolding at the top of the hill, go up there and youll find a hole in the ground to fall through. But also, if you use the spawn nether portal (/spawn then down to the left), there is a primative tunnel leading right to it, just look for the tunnel that has an entrance lined with quarts ore and follow the path right to a portal that leads to the end portal.

Zarlak

Easiest way is to boat right to it, you'll see some scaffolding at the top of the hill, go up there and youll find a hole in the ground to fall through. But also, if you use the spawn nether portal (/spawn then down to the left), there is a primative tunnel leading right to it, just look for the tunnel that has an entrance lined with quarts ore and follow the path right to a portal that leads to the end portal.
Sweet, thanks. Could do with some end rods and an elytra. Also I may or may not have mined all that quartz ore so finding that tunnel is going to be difficult. :lol: I remember thinking 'oh that's cool how it's shaped like an arch'

Zarlak

I dunno wtf happened but I was using the spider farmer and something exploded behind me and took out the scaffolding and a tonne of glass and the 2 chests. I patched it up and sealed off the other cave next door because a creeper must have wandered in.

harms

Staff
Not bad! I think I don’t have thorns. Do you have them on good prices?

Zarlak

Not bad! I think I don’t have thorns. Do you have them on good prices?
Yup for the most part. I'll be rolling Respiration, Fire Aspect and Feather Falling the next time I'm on for the discounts and then I'll be happy with a full set of enchants for my armour, weapons and tools. Not sure if I've got the optimal ones but so far I'm gunning for:

Head: Mending, Unbreaking, Protection, Thorns, Respiration
Chest: Mending, Unbreaking, Protection, Thorns
Legs: Mending, Unbreaking, Protection, Thorns
Feet: Mending, Unbreaking, Protection, Thorns, Feather Falling
Sword: Mending, Unbreaking, Looting, Fire Aspect, Sharpness
Tools: Efficiency, Mending, Unbreaking plus Fortune on pickaxe. I don't really care about silk touch.

Gems are no longer an issue for me as the cartographers buy a stack of sand for 26 gems if you convert it to glass panes.

My current prices:

Sharpness V: 36
Efficiency V: 34
Fortune III: 16
Looting III: 16
Mending: 7
Unbreaking III: 6
Thorns III: 1
Protection IV: 1

Last edited:

Zarlak

We've got a blaze farm up now. It's a bit of a run, 4 mins ish but meh we have one finally for double the XP of the spiders and also a tonne of blaze rods. Just go to Vims guardian farm in the Nether, drop through this hole in the floor and then run along the trench to the end.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Did this die already?
I knew it wouldn't be long before you start piping up! I already said I'm not going to be on for a few weeks while I move house, I still have plenty of minecraft plans to come back and fulfil, I sure hope the monorail and end portal rail is completed when I return ;)

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I was in the other day for a bit but nobody else was on

harms

Staff
Who butchered my spider farm? :lol:
There’s a reason why it’s tinted glass!

Last edited:

Zarlak

Who butchered my spider farm? :lol:
There’s a reason why it’s tinted glass!
That would have been me. I was in there a week ago and I guess a creeper came in from the mine shaft that was exposed and blew up behind me taking out half the farm. I had to carry out a hasty patch job, and I also blocked off the exposed mine entrance. It also took out all the scaffolding and I had no idea how to reset half the shit back up so I just put glass back where glass was and a water block down. I haven't been back there since I set up the blaze farm as it's twice the XP so I completely forgot about it.

Last edited:

harms

Staff
That would have been me. I was in there a week ago and I guess a creeper came in from the mine shaft that was exposed and blew up behind me taking out half the farm. I had to carry out a hasty patch job, and I also blocked off the exposed mine entrance. It also took out all the scaffolding and I had no idea how to reset half the shit back up so I just put glass back where glass was and a water block down. I haven't been back there since I set up the blaze farm as it's twice the XP so I completely forgot about it.
Figured that it was a creeper by the damaged area :) Weird, I thought that it was lit up enough!

I think I’m going to try and set up a wither skeleton farm on that fortress that we both use, it takes way to much time to farm the skulls otherwise. Although I’m not sure how difficult it is, you probably need to spawn proof quite a lot of area around it.

Zarlak

Figured that it was a creeper by the damaged area :) Weird, I thought that it was lit up enough!

I think I’m going to try and set up a wither skeleton farm on that fortress that we both use, it takes way to much time to farm the skulls otherwise. Although I’m not sure how difficult it is, you probably need to spawn proof quite a lot of area around it.
Yeah I spent a good 40 mins getting the heads for my beacon, it was a huge pain in the ass.