Gaming Minecraft | New caf 1.18 SMP server SIGN UP?

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I created a spawn nether portal so we can use it to create paths to the end portal, guardian farm etc. when you /spawn just go down the hill and follow it left you will see it.

I also am eyeing up a little monorail track to go between all our bases I think that would be cool if people don’t mind the intrusion

oh @Zarlak best check with @I_live_cement first too if you want that mountain as not sure how far from the river his plans go

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I created a spawn nether portal so we can use it to create paths to the end portal, guardian farm etc. when you /spawn just go down the hill and follow it left you will see it.

I also am eyeing up a little monorail track to go between all our bases I think that would be cool if people don’t mind the intrusion

oh @Zarlak best check with @I_live_cement first too if you want that mountain as not sure how far from the river his plans go
I'll just go off into the distance and make my own thing and then just make nether portals back to the town. I don't want to encroach on anyones mines or anything.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I'm all up for it. Above or below the ground?
The way I imagine it is above ground but all on the same Y level, so it might find itself underground in your mountain and possibly in my hill, but in the air at spawn and @I_live_cement's house

Since when was copper a thing
I think every single one of us has asked @harms that question at this point so I wont break tradition

Zarlak

Fair enough. I was on for a few hours last night found a bit of iron and some diamonds, made a little sugar farm on top of the mountain that I suspect is going to be useless but wanted to start getting a few emeralds. Need to scope out where I actually want to build before I start building proper farms. Need to get a concrete farm going as well as wheat.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Fair enough. I was on for a few hours last night found a bit of iron and some diamonds, made a little sugar farm on top of the mountain that I suspect is going to be useless but wanted to start getting a few emeralds. Need to scope out where I actually want to build before I start building proper farms. Need to get a concrete farm going as well as wheat.
Zarlaks back!

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
So with @harms and @I_live_cement blessing I'm going to make a loop monorail as roughly shown below. Stops will be spawn (passing through the mountain), GC, my place, harms mountain, and itll cross the river on the west for anyone who may build there in the future ( @Zarlak maybe!). Can always be expanded or spurred off of in the future. I'm going to see what Y level I think would work best and create a small template at all locations to see what everyone thinks. The design of the structure can be refined later, just want to sort the Y level first.

Zarlak

So with @harms and @I_live_cement blessing I'm going to make a loop monorail as roughly shown below. Stops will be spawn (passing through the mountain), GC, my place, harms mountain, and itll cross the river on the west for anyone who may build there in the future ( @Zarlak maybe!). Can always be expanded or spurred off of in the future. I'm going to see what Y level I think would work best and create a small template at all locations to see what everyone thinks. The design of the structure can be refined later, just want to sort the Y level first.

Sounds good. I'm building here so you may as well just stretch it a little so it stops by my place.

Zarlak

What is the current best way to generate emeralds? I didn't see the typical book trades we used to have where you could buy bookcases then destroy them for books to generate more emeralds. I think the cheapest one I've seen in the big base so far is the one that trades an oak plank boat because that's just 5 planks but maybe there's one I overlooked.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink

Updated map, GC is happy with y85 at his place, I'm going to build a couple of templates at @Zarlak and @harms places, hopefully we will see each other on the game to see what you think and finetune the position. Orange is just where I can bend the rail to come closer to the spawn area.

Zarlak

Updated map, GC is happy with y85 at his place, I'm going to build a couple of templates at @Zarlak and @harms places, hopefully we will see each other on the game to see what you think and finetune the position. Orange is just where I can bend the rail to come closer to the spawn area.
I'm good with that position for my base. As long as it's behind my wheat farm because I'll be using all the space in front of it towards the ocean for my house. Most of my shit will be underground like my farms once the house is up so the purple line is great for me.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I'm good with that position for my base. As long as it's behind my wheat farm because I'll be using all the space in front of it towards the ocean for my house. Most of my shit will be underground like my farms once the house is up so the purple line is great for me.
I've built a little mock up at your place let me know when you're on next

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
What is the current best way to generate emeralds? I didn't see the typical book trades we used to have where you could buy bookcases then destroy them for books to generate more emeralds. I think the cheapest one I've seen in the big base so far is the one that trades an oak plank boat because that's just 5 planks but maybe there's one I overlooked.
I believe that there is a glass trick that gets you infinite emeralds — a skilled librarian has a chance of having a glass trade that you can then break into glass panes & sell to cartographer for profit.

Who do I speak to about buying a couple villagers from them at a later date? I don't know what belongs to who in the main area and who owns that little marketplace.
Not sure if we're doing a whole economy thing or not (can be fun), but I (the cave with a copper lever door) have a bunch of spare villagers always ready to travel.

harms

Staff

I'll log on tomorrow afternoon +- and take a look.

Zarlak

Not sure if we're doing a whole economy thing or not (can be fun), but I (the cave with a copper lever door) have a bunch of spare villagers always ready to travel.
Is that whole mountain base yours? With the lever door? I figured that was a hub for everyone since it was so big. I've been trading boats for emeralds with your villagers when I saw one had Mending. I also built a ladder down by your farms to -57 because I thought it was a communal space, sorry. I've got my own now I settled on a spot so I'll cover it up.

Last edited:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I get nervous seeing that @Walrus creation on the dynamap is orange. Is he making his giant lava tower again that lags the server? :lol:
The lava cube was an architectural marvel. You would be lucky to gaze upon its likeness again!

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I've made a tunnel in the nether from the spawn portal to the end portal. Can someone else make it proper with a rail etc when they can

harms

Staff
Is that whole mountain base yours? With the lever door? I figured that was a hub for everyone since it was so big. I've been trading boats for emeralds with your villagers when I saw one had Mending. I also built a ladder down by your farms to -57 because I thought it was a communal space, sorry. I've got my own now I settled on a spot so I'll cover it up.
Yeah. Feel free to use them (I've turned the iron farm off as I simply didn't have enough space for all of that iron, but you can always climb up the scaffolding & turn the lever on). There's also a bubble elevator in the corridor straight across the lever door (with all of the villagers) — if goes down to the tunnel to the spider spawner farm but there's also a stop at the farm level.

I'll show you around if we'll both be online at the same time, some of it is a bit counterintuitive.

Zarlak

Yeah. Feel free to use them (I've turned the iron farm off as I simply didn't have enough space for all of that iron, but you can always climb up the scaffolding & turn the lever on). There's also a bubble elevator in the corridor straight across the lever door (with all of the villagers) — if goes down to the tunnel to the spider spawner farm but there's also a stop at the farm level.

I'll show you around if we'll both be online at the same time, some of it is a bit counterintuitive.
Sweet. I had a look around and got to grips with the layout. I'm good now over at my base I just pop back to yours for the marketplace at least until I end up with 2 villagers and can start my own. I go to the XP farm from /spawn as it's less running.

harms

Staff
Nope. You can go to a fortress from my nether portal, there’s a direct tunnel towards the north (although there may be a closer one).

Zarlak

Nope. You can go to a fortress from my nether portal, there’s a direct tunnel towards the north (although there may be a closer one).
Nice I'll try to find it. I ended up finding one that took me about 20 mins to get to by scrutinising the map, but it's too far away to use repeatedly.

I started my marketplace off, I've got 1 that will trade 2 emeralds for a book case and then trade 1 book for 1 emerald so I can generate infinite gems that way albeit slowly since the bookcase yields 3 books so it's only 1 emerald profit each time. I also have Efficiency V and Fortune III with discounts. Tomorrow I'll get Mending and Unbreaking III and then I can finally start mining all the shit for my build.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink

Got the outline of the monorail sorted. If anyone is bored and wants to help build it, the majority of it has been laid out in various stages and is quite simple to carry on the finished template that's in parts of it (through my house and from spawn to GC), only andesite blocks and slabs are required. The section around spawn and @I_live_cement has been tunneled out but @harms mountain still needs tunneling. Even just andesite donations would help a ton

Zarlak

Got the outline of the monorail sorted. If anyone is bored and wants to help build it, the majority of it has been laid out in various stages and is quite simple to carry on the finished template that's in parts of it (through my house and from spawn to GC), only andesite blocks and slabs are required. The section around spawn and @I_live_cement has been tunneled out but @harms mountain still needs tunneling. Even just andesite donations would help a ton
How do you get andesite?

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
How do you get andesite?
You just find it in clusters underground. These days though a cluster can be several hundred blocks, when the likes of granite, diorite etc were introduced it seemed like only about 15 blocks, so once you bump into some you can mine a lot of it.

Zarlak

You just find it in clusters underground. These days though a cluster can be several hundred blocks, when the likes of granite, diorite etc were introduced it seemed like only about 15 blocks, so once you bump into some you can mine a lot of it.
Sweet, I'll keep an eye out. Once I finish up getting the last 2 enchantments I'm gonna sort my pickaxe out and go mining a shit tonne.