Gaming Minecraft | New caf 1.18 SMP server SIGN UP?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Oh yeah put the server on hard this time :drool: (you don't have to, just my vote).

sever.properties | difficulty=3

you won't have to have Iron doors unless we're on hard, zombies only break doors on hard. On easy the cave spiders don't poison which I found a bit sad.

I can't believe they are on 1.2.2 already!

voland

:lol::lol::lol:

can't stop laughing at these baby villagers

abbey road anyone?

Re: difficulty, I'm all for playing it on hard, if everyone is happy with it - sure thing.

rcoobc

It's going to be interesting defending them. I love the ocelots and creepers myself. Can we not tame ocelots yet? Didn't manage to on creative.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Hmmm.. im not entirely sold on hardmode. I like building big constructions, having zombies knocking down doors and shit would get quite annoying.

Ill go along with it if thats what the majority want, but my vote would be for medium.

rcoobc

Hmmm.. im not entirely sold on hardmode. I like building big constructions, having zombies knocking down doors and shit would get quite annoying.

Ill go along with it if thats what the majority want, but my vote would be for medium.
I'd be fine with medium. SMP is a lot lot harder than single player because of those milliseconds of lag. I don't really mind, whatever Voland wants.

Ralaks

Wow, get me one of them in a cage and my creeper problems are gone for ever, never again will one of those overdeveloped cactus explode my front door!

rcoobc

From the wiki:

Easy: Cave Spider's don't poison, Hunger kills to 5 hearts health.
Medium: Hunger kills to 1/2 heart health
Hard: Zombies break wooden doors, hunger kills.

Also, in each subsequent difficulty Creepers explode from further away, and mobs do more damage (except creepers which are constant)

Gaz.

Well-Liked Assman
If it's easy at the moment, then the next step should be normal/medium, hard would be too much of a jump imho

Urbanned

I think so too man, although my next step is to research how iron doors work just in case.
Easy. Chuck a button/lever/pressure pad next to one and it opens. Double iron doors are a bit more complicated and need a bit of redstone wiring I think, but in this latest update I read that they've made them function a bit easier.

rcoobc

I can't believe they have changed how doors work. I am very glad they changed the way doors where bugged, but because they have made it so that "powered" opens the door, and "unpowered" closes the door you can't lock doors.

If it was the other way around, you could send constant power to a door and it would remain closed even if you had a switch elsewhere. Very sad.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I cant be arsed playing now until the server has been reset :P

Semi related note though - do you need silk touch to harvest leaf blocks? I never figured that one out.

blythy

Fascist Dictator
I can't get on the server, is this due to the update?

voland

Server hasn't been updated to 1.2.x yet, if you updated your minecraft installation (as it automatically does) you wouldn't be able to login.

I'll be updating the server tomorrow as early in the morning as I can

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Hurry Voland :(

And shame to have to start over, but I have learnt so much on this server like red stone and railway, other building/design ideas, it will be nice in a way to start again with all that knowledge.

voland

Meanwhile minecraft has been bugfixed into version 1.2.3

Server updated, we're running 1.2.3 from scratch now, everyone who has updated their clients should be able to connect.

Aie, normal mode is no no, you're getting hungry really fast and it can actually kill you, that early in the game it's a huge pain in the ass

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Couple of screenshots MrMantis (Obstacle) sent me..

Warning: Those of a nervous disposition should not look.

Rossi19

Tag Master
right cnuts, I've bought this odd game. Could someone PM me how to get onto the caf server. My minecraft username is rossi19.

Ralaks

right cnuts, I've bought this odd game. Could someone PM me how to get onto the caf server. My minecraft username is rossi19.
voland needs to white list you before you can join apart from that select Multiplayer, add server; redcafe.tanganaika.net and it should appear. Can't join till he takes his finger out his ass and white list you though :)

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Sweet. Will get on when I'm back from work tonight.

voland

When you all spawn, please, head to

z 275

It's not that far from spawn, we've set a shelter there, some basic and more advanced tools will be available and there are sleeping quarters for everyone.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I've thought of a great idea for my main house

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
A huge completely enclosed underground cave I came across:

Just where the map failed to load but it was pretty cool, and scary :nervous:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
That's what happened to me when I fell through the world.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I wast just deep underground in a cave, it lagged a little, I disconnected and then connected again, to be spawned at the bottom of a deep ocean and ended up drowning. Sweet.