Gaming Minecraft | New caf 1.18 SMP server SIGN UP?

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
It's fine, I was actually thinking of moving to the desert where the other railway line goes. It's becoming a bit tiny on space there and we have ALL the map for ourselves. So I'll start moving today/tomorrow

also, my current small house can make a nice central station I think :)
Groovy, I liked the idea of a station, jus didn't really have any space in town

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
on a side note, the mountain fortress is underway

voland

So, massive griefing last night, pretty much everything in lava and tnt.

I've rolled back the latest backup, not too much should be lost.

The server is currently white-list only. Current white list includes:
robcro
volandil
matarese_17
thegazzz
viskahn
fusionzps3
mrmantis
UrbanHero
Grouse92
above_beyond

Anyone else wants to play, or If I missed someone you can guarantee for - drop me a message.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
pretty productive night. new railway constructed, my super-awesome redstone circuit works, and expanded a bit of the castle just before logging off too.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
I'm baby sitting 4 little shit heads as we speak and they're all playing this shit. What the hell is it? Looks like an extended lego game.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I'm baby sitting 4 little shit heads as we speak and they're all playing this shit. What the hell is it? Looks like an extended lego game.
fairly good comparison actually.

its an automatic generated world. everything is made of blocks (like lego!). As the player, you can build stuff, mine to the bottom of the world etc.

then there is crafting - you put different stuff together to create other stuff. for example a couple of sticks and some stones can make you basic tools like pickaxes, axes, shovels etc, allowing you to gather and make better stuff.

when you get to quite advanced levels you can set up redstone circuits - the equivalent to electicity, to create automatic farms, railways, mob traps and so forth. not to mention you can make a portal to another dimension known as "the nether".

basically it is like a huge sandbox game, you can do pretty much what the hell you want. we have a MP server up which makes it all the better.

voland

That's pretty accurate, extended lego, or lego for grownups, but with zombies.

I would suggest you join in with the 4 little shit heads and let them show you around, you'll be their favourite baby sitter pretty quickly :)

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I don't really think it's anything like Lego, other than its block building. First Person/Sandbox/Block-Building. That's what I'm going with.

voland

I thought that using a brazzilian of torches to light up my quarry was shit idea, so I've added some lava illumination.

y=64 all the way to y=6

View from top:

side view:

half way to bottom, light levels are pretty good.

view from bottom, bedrock darkness is playing a trick

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Can my missus get access onto the server as she just got minecraft?

Her username is aidasteel.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Vol, are you able to generate a map of the entire world our server has spawned? Or would we deem that as spoilers?

voland

I've been posting such maps regulary, just preparing the latest ones.. the isometric one is getting really huge and I'll see if I have to crop it to upload it.

blythy

Fascist Dictator
Can somebody send me the server details please. Tried the IP shown earlier in the thread, but I'm not on the whitelist... :)

voland

Trans-Nether railway line is open.

Goes from the portal to the nether fortress. Tracks are surrounded/covered with glass blocks and panes and are pretty much ghast safe.

Will post updated maps tomos probably.

vanthaman

Winner
Just came across the video of old trafford in mine craft, must have taken ages, looks amazing

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Awesome, built myself a house so far, carved out loads of rooms in a mountain and started to build a rail track, I love this game!

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Never have I spent so many hours doing something so pointless yet felt a huge sense of achievement. This quarry I've been digging is a highlight of man's achievements in this world.