Gaming Minecraft | New caf 1.18 SMP server SIGN UP?

voland

I really don't know yet, it's a plain vanilla server, so you can do whatever you like I guess, so far Walrus has been building the fort, I've been mostly dicking around between creative mode and adventure mode collecting sheep for wool ... yeah, doesn't sound that impressive on second thought.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'll def join once I've finished getting to grips with the game and finished doing everything I want with my own base offline.

Beyond building cool structures, traps etc what more is there to do?

I mean do people attack each others bases? Or is it a case of just building and building
To win the game you need to:

Go the the nether, get at least 6 Blaze Rods, but you will probably need more, go back to the over world, get at least 12 ender-eyes, find a strong hold, find the End Portal Room, repair the End Portal, travel to the End, destroy Ender Crystals that heal the Ender Dragon, kill the Ender Dragon and collect the Egg

In multiplayer you can do pretty much anything. War, trading, quests, etc

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
We should try to arrange a time we can all get online and play together

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Also I'm not particularly precious about my castle so please feel free to expand/improve on it at will, there is still a shitload of work that can be done

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
if someone fancies a little challenge, getting a nether portal up inside the castle somewhere would be rockin'

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
i know nobody else is hugely active on this but just as a quick update - discovered an enormous cave network/ravine beneath the castle. If anyone goes on, ive left a path of burning netherrack from inside the castle into the biggest caverns.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Someone trolling around on there it seems :( turned the flag into a swastika

also there is now a nether portal in the castle, due to proximity it links to the same one in the nether as the other nearby portal.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Died for the first time on the mp server. Bit annoyed since was carrying my diamond pick and it will be a nightmare to try to get back to where I was.

Smores

Someone trolling around on there it seems :( turned the flag into a swastika

also there is now a nether portal in the castle, due to proximity it links to the same one in the nether as the other nearby portal.
Suarez strikes again :(

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Suarez strikes again :(
quite.

just started construction of a glass-walled/roofed underwater room, going from the castle under the frozen lake. i think its very cool personally.

also made a little wooden construction which is just about visible from the castle.

also noticed the big towers near the spawnpoint, good work whoever did that.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Just tell me did you get the materials or use your admin magic?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
People who play Minecraft are industrial strength nerds according to my 13 year old. He suspects that you are yu-Gi-oh card collectors who should get out more and try to meet real girls.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
tell him that i MET my missus playing world of warcraft. it will blow his mind, the poor sod.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I've been playing this for the first time over the last few days on Survival. Nothing seems to happen, I just build my house, go and collect some materials, kill some zombies on my way home and go to sleep.

Not that this isn't fun in its own right at this early stage, but isn't there supposed to be more? Do I have to leave the home I've been building and go off somewhere else? There's no village or anything around and if I go too far I'll be lost forever and have to build a new house in the middle of a new nowhere. And then what?

Urbanned

You do whatever you want Judge, that's the point! You want to build a statue of yourself on top of a mountain? Do it! You want to build a massive castle, complete with moat, lava traps and scary basement? Do it!

The first few stages of Minecraft are always the same - build a little house, collect supplies, increase size of house, build a mine, make better equipment. After that it gets a bit more flexible. At your stage I always increase the size of my house, and get a little wheat farm going for easy food. After that, you can extend it - maybe make an animal farm and breed pigs? Make a massive underground mine, whore the area for its minerals and build a massive railroad? Find a flat area and build a big automatic wheat/reed farm? You have so many choices with this game, it's the main appeal of it.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Thanks.

I'm going to need to read some of the Wiki pages. It's just that I saw a video of someone else's game and they started off right next to a village, which made the thing appear a lot more fun and adaptable. Is there always going to be a village somewhere on every map?

Urbanned

The wiki there is excellent. What sort of information are you after? I would also check over the forums, as people often give loads of good ideas for things to build and do. If you get bored of your world you can also download custom maps that people have made, and these can be pretty much anything, there are thousands of different ones.

As for villages, one will eventually load. There are some programs you can download that will map out all of the world that you have currently generated that will show you if you've loaded a village into your world yet. Or you can just keep exploring until you find one, although they are quite rare.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Thanks.

I'm going to need to read some of the Wiki pages. It's just that I saw a video of someone else's game and they started off right next to a village, which made the thing appear a lot more fun and adaptable. Is there always going to be a village somewhere on every map?
There are lots of randomly generated things like that. Villages, Strongholds, Mine Shafts, Ravines etc. You just have to go looking for them.

Personally I find my favourite part of the game is making big old bases in crazy designs and the likes. If you want to try playing online ill send you the redcafe server link and you can check that out. There arent many of us active on there just yet but its quite cool seeing some of the stuff people come up with.

As Urbanned said, the first few stages are always the same as you just build yourself up into a good position. After that its up to you - make traps for enemies complete with loot retrieval systems, go digging for rare stuff, find one of those villages, open a portal to the nether.... its a sandbox game, the game wont really throw that much at you, its more just a case of doing whatever the feck you want.

nimic

something nice
Scout
There are villages and stuff now? Hmm, maybe it's time to start playing. I was always more of an explorer than a builder (though I did like to build massive towers in glass). Haven't played in a while now.

voland

Alright then, server has been upgraded to 1.1
Old stuff done by Walrus mostly and a little by me has been archived and we start with a brand new seed.

Server host: redcafe.tanganaika.net
ip: 94.155.41.146

Everyone is welcome as long as he behaves really

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
didnt realise there was a patch out. will have to have a check tomorrow night or so

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
I'm helping build a 38x38 mob grinder from bedrock to the top of the world.

Ran out of cobblestone several times.

Haven't tried 1.1 yet since my server admin's waiting for bukkit to update their stuff.

Stemmy

Been playing on the server a couple hours now. NPC village right near spawn point aswell.

Have a little lodge with a jetty going :D

Edit : Well turns out spawn point is right on my porch so its mostly safe (I knew i built my house close to the spawn point just not right on it)

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
very interesting development.

between the spawnzone and the npc village as we know, there is a little lake. having swum about it in, i swum over a slightly deeper bit right next to the npc village. before i know it i was falling down a hole, on the crest of an underground waterfall.....eventually landing me at the very bottom of the world, on a bed of obsidian surrounded by lava.

Having made safe the area and excavated, i put a workbench and forge down there and sealed off a "landing" zone for the waterfall, and after a long swim was able to make my way back up to the surface (after realising i didnt have any food).

I have marked the area on the surface now and will return with supplies shortly and maybe see if i can make a better way of getting back up.

Stemmy

Heh, nice!

the whole area is full of ravines, caverns and holes...I can constantly hear zombies and spiders inside my house as there is a big cave systems right underneath I've yet to fully explore.