Gaming Minecraft | New caf 1.18 SMP server SIGN UP?

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
You are more than welcome to work on/in/with Fort Walrus, the one on the big mountain with 2 railway lines coming from it. The more the merrier.

Alternately there is my new ocean tower, but there isn't really much quarrying to be done there for obvious reasons.

voland

BTW!! There is a zombie spawner in the desert beside my house, on ground level, where the long tunnel goes to our town. It's perfect for exp grinder if someone has an idea how to make it

Stemmy

Havn't been on this in a while....will pop on again soon.

I thought about building a giant mob trap, problem is its a bit of an eyesore will need to build it way out of range of the town.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
My username is Vimmers, I assumed there was one world that everyone in this thread is a part of? If so I'd like to be a part of it! :angel:

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
redcafe.tanganaika.net

You need to be on the whitelist though.

rcoobc

That thing? Ah, that's nothing. Pfft.
You're very funny :lol

I've been building my own server, slowly, along with doing a lot of other things, which is why I haven't had much time for the redcafe one.

Will have to get it started soon enough.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I need some wool next time we're on! Getting so annoyed at being sent all the way back to the spawn point and need to make a bed!

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Let's have this new map then!

Me and Obstacle (MrMantis) found a stronghold if anybody wants to go see it

Stronghold x,-760 z,-289

rcoobc

I won't shoot you this time Ralaks ;) It was an accident last time

voland

Ralaks - white listed, welcome on board :)

maps are getting a bit complicated to render, last one was 25 megabytes!! I need to figure out a more practical way of making them

rcoobc

Just hit one of them. I'm not getting my stuff back.

rcoobc

So I think we need a shopping market. Obviously this would all have to be based on trust, but as all our houses are open anyway that wouldnt change anything. I propose a market area, with chests and signs over them reading: Owner / Buy / Sell, so 1 diamond / 64 cobble

So I would be buying 1 diamond for 64 cobble. I would put 5 diamond in the chest and people could buy all 5 off of me for 5 x 64 cobble

Also we need to have some Arena battles.

Last edited:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I'll buy diamond off you for 64 cobble ;)

Interesting idea though, will give it some thought.

rcoobc

I know some servers have an economy plugin. That might be a good place to start.
So far Walrus has said to keep it vanilla, but my server has that. Had citizens too which is currently the best quest plug in sadly enough, as I don't have the RAM or the CPU to run it.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
im not overly fussed as i have never really tried any mods.

rcoobc

In my experience is that the good side of mods is that they introduce things that would take a long time to set up, or would be impossible to set up manually but are a lot of fun. The bad side of them is that they make Minecraft into a poor imitation of other games, or make the normal stuff to easy. Having several arenas around, which all have different mobs coming out at different times, and trying to conquer them all is loads of fun, as is trying to discover all the secret chests on the map. Guns, teleportation, cheap shops, etc aren't fun at all in my opinion. But then it completely depends on what you want.

The really bad side of mods is how often they need to be updated, how often they are broken, how long it takes to sort everything out, and how long there is no update for them. Whenever a new major minecraft update comes out, it can take two weeks for bukkit (minecraft modded server) to get updated, and another two weeks for all the mods to be updated.

I have to say I have had a lot of fun playing vanilla online. Far more than I expected, as I have run through minecraft a lot of times.

- Oh but probably the best thing about mods is that they encourage more interaction, but you don't want Minecraft to become a bad WoW.

voland

Honestly, the only mod I would consider is something that would speed up and automate the map making process.

I don't see how we need a market, that's not a competitive server, we don't fight to win a prize or something, most of the time everyone is busy with their creations and if they do need something, all they need to do is ask for a hand, either be resources or participation.

voland

Looks like 1.2 is out

Will wipe out everything during the weekend and restart with 1.2 and JUNGLES!! JUNGLES EVERYWHERE.

So, any last screenshots, now is the time.

Changelog:

Minecraft version 1.2 (actually 1.2.1) is now officially released! Get it by updating the game in the Minecraft launcher. Features include:

New jungle biome
Added ocelots
Added cats
Added iron golems
New AI for mobs
Tame wolves can have puppies
Villagers will have children if there is room in their village
New map height limit (256 instead of 128)
New items and blocks
Doors have been updated so that double-doors work better with redstone
Added rare drops for mobs
Many other minor tweaks and fixes

voland

Not liking the sound of new AI for mobs, heard rumours that zombies will be changed so that they hoarde more and can knock down doors!
"Zombies:
They will break down wooden doors on hard difficulty and knock on other difficulties.
They are hostile towards villagers
When killed by the player, they rarely drop iron ingots, iron swords, iron shovels and iron helmets
They seldomly mass-attack villages
"

Woah.

this is the most comprehensive changelog with screenshots I can find:

1.2 has been released! : Minecraft

rcoobc

:lol: Good call, shame that the ground isn't deeper really, I would have liked the sea level to be around 80. The sky doesn't need to be 186 blocks high from sea level.

On the vanillaness of the server, are more private trades acceptable?

My Nether base :( I'll never see you finished.