Mino Raiola coming out again with Pogba and why I don't care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schneiderman

They can both feck off now. If we can't get a decent price in the summer I vote we let him rot in the reserves for a year. We don't need him anymore.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If Ole is worth his salt he should tell Raiola he wants Haaland in next window and De Ligt in exchange deal with Pogba otherwise I will send Pogba to reserves till the end of his contract.
That’s upto Woodward, not Ole.

buy yes, I’d also love it if we took this kind of approach.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If Riola can generate any sort of reasonable fee for him he might just be our best friend.... seriously is anyone going to pay a sizable fee to sign him and take on his wages?

Total failure at the highest level.
Is he a bigger failure than say Lukaku? Cos we got a decent fee for him.

I’d say anything around £65m and we should be very happy. Personally I’d prefer a swap, if Ole had a player in mind that could make it work.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I'm not fussed if he leaves now, provided we get a decent fee. He is struggling to keep his spot in the team now that Bruno has joined, and when he does play our team is unbalanced as his defensive side is poor.

Add the fact he comes with the media circus and agent, I'd say it isn't worth the hassle anymore.

Roboc7

We pay him an awful lot of money to use him when it suits us. He deserves no special treatment. At all
So what, we know what he’s like and would have been happy to buy Haaland who he’d be trying to move on when it suited him. If you deal with Raiola, which we do, then this is what you get. It’s not special treatment we’re experiencing the other side now just like we did with Pogba when he wanted to leave before.

Denis' cuff

Fergie was right. Jose was right... but what do they know When there are hundreds of Football Managers on the internet, living their virtual lives, who know better.

This guy is a moron, allowing this devious sloth to ruin his career. 27 now and we’re still waiting to see his “world class“ talent. My arse. Carragher said Raiola is probably his best mate - and why wouldn’t he be? Getting a fortune out of their relationship. Manipulates naive young blokes into earning him millions to suit his own agenda - not the player’s. Somebody will come along and tell me he is a World Cup winner. So was Kleberson and dozens of other players who weren’t even that good, either.

We need to cut our losses while their is some semblance of value in him, because it is only going one way.

TheeAma12

Supports
Chelsea
Cannot be stressed enough, Raiola is not Haalands Agent

It was my understanding he only brokered the deal and Haalands father is still his agent.
Nope Raiola is Haaland's agent. He didn't just broker the deal. Haaland's father isn't certified by FIFA to be an agent either. Haaland signed with Raiola and then Raiola got him a move to Dortmund.

Micky Targaryen

I myself too wouldn't mind if Pogba leaves the club tomorrow, but I'd be wary of which club he might end up at. The way some of the posts here are going, you'd think that we live in a FM world where their traits are dictated by stats and numbers. For all we know, Pogs might flourish at a rival like City or Liverpool, with both clubs having a way more capable manager. And before you start talking about different clubs with differing tactics which might not suit Pogba, he isn't a FM regen player programmed to a particular set of tactics, is he?

At the end of the day, Pogba is still a incredibly athletic player, loads of talent left in the bag, relatively young, and fully capable to adapt to new tactics. Maybe he can flourish under a different kind of man management. Who knows.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Is he a bigger failure than say Lukaku? Cos we got a decent fee for him.

I’d say anything around £65m and we should be very happy. Personally I’d prefer a swap, if Ole had a player in mind that could make it work.
Lukaku is proven goal scorer, had years in his contract, was sold in better age and wanted so badly by the buyer/Conte. Goal scorer can easily cost big and Lukaku's case was in our control.

Pogba is midfielder not goal scorer, his contract is the main problem, 28 next year & other clubs aren't desperate to sign him. £65m is a no brainer, our board & negotiator are stupid not to take it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Even if we only end up getting 30 to 40m he needs to go. It's also 300k a week in wages we'd save.

Reinvest the money into a top CB.

Eire Red United

Good riddance if he goes. Needs to either condemn Raiola, sack him and commit to us or else piss off to flop at Madrid or wherever he wants. I’m past caring about the lad.

theklr

I dont understand how Raoila thinks this comment will help the cooperation from United.

I dont even care about the money at this point, I just want that fat turd to earn 0 money more on Pogba.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I dont understand how Raoila thinks this comment will help the cooperation from United.

I dont even care about the money at this point, I just want that fat turd to earn 0 money more on Pogba.
He will likely make money out of it anyway. If Paul moves for free still think Raoila will get his pockets lined. I know what you mean though. Just want him gone. He has talent, but if we keep him it shows the club is more bothered about image than performances on the pitch.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Is there anything to lose from completely cutting ties with Raiola and considering as P.N.G ?

He will likely make money out of it anyway. If Paul moves for free still think Raoila will get his pockets lined. I know what you mean though. Just want him gone. He has talent, but if we keep him it shows the club is more bothered about image than performances on the pitch.
He could also be angling for a new contract which he will gain from too. However selling him is in his best interest, I think it's how he'd gain the most

Andy_Cole

I care because it’s disrespectful. Makes the club look like a joke. I don’t care because Pogba has no value to the team other than maybe a bench option. Same value as Dan James for us.

theklr

Yeah, but he'll get alot more money if we agree to sell in January. I cant imagine the club is willing to cooperate much with Raiola/Pogba as it is now.

Especially in this current climate where noone really cant afford him. Reeks of desperation from Raiola.

In 1,5 years time and Pogba not beeing a starter as it is now, the value will drop quite much.

laughtersassassin

The only important thing in all this is whenever he goes be it January or Summer that that money is added to the budget and instantly spent on improving the team.

It cannot be pocketed. If he goes on Jan that money has to be spent in Jan.

BigBebe

We should never do business with Raiola again. I don't care if he has Haaland and de Ligt or whoever in his portfolio, the guy clearly hates our club and takes every chance he gets to show it and stir things up.

Our grossly inept negotiator, Woodward admittedly makes it easy for him but nonetheless, as Sir Alex Ferguson said, the man is a shitbag.

Murray3007

the timing of it is what makes it even worse, its been done for maximum effect, lose tonight and we go out and its a bit easier to move his client in jan, as club will need money due to lost revenues. both are a bunch of rats

dev1l

the timing of it is what makes it even worse, its been done for maximum effect, lose tonight and we go out and its a bit easier to move his client in jan, as club will need money due to lost revenues. both are a bunch of rats
Raiola is a firstclass scumbag. Hopefully club will learn the lesson and avoid dealing with him, even if it means no Haaland.

Mo Caine

Supports
United from 1977 until 2007
So? He scored a goal that if the camera had been set up in a slightly different position would have been disallowed. Who cares? This fat scum bag has been disrespecting our club for years now. feck them both.
our owners have disrespected our club far longer, i really don't care what the fat man has to say, may even have a little truth in it, just like Jose after losing to Sevilla, a few home truths got told that evening in among him removing all blame from himself.

Mo Caine

Supports
United from 1977 until 2007
Raiola is a firstclass scumbag. Hopefully club will learn the lesson and avoid dealing with him, even if it means no Haaland.
:lol: even thinking Haaland will consider us as an option.

sugar_kane

While I think Raiola is a horrid twat I begrudgingly admire his single mindedness and ability to get his clients they (or indeed he) wants

However this time I think he’s messed up big time, it comes across as desperate. Pogba has had an awful season and is now starting to look increasingly like a bad egg who clubs should steer clear of.

Add to that the man who United threw under the bus in favour of players like Pogba is now smashing it with Spurs and it really is pretty woeful timing.

The narrative of him being a world class talent who can’t function without better players around doesn’t wash either anymore has Bruno has come and smashed that myth to pieces.

I don’t doubt that they were waiting til he had a “great” game to put out these sound bites, but again it was merely a great goal and an adequate performance. A one off in the context of this season and not the sort of stunning return that justifies holding a club like United to ransom in front of the world’s press.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
While I think Raiola is a horrid twat I begrudgingly admire his single mindedness and ability to get his clients they (or indeed he) wants

However this time I think he’s messed up big time, it comes across as desperate. Pogba has had an awful season and is now starting to look increasingly like a bad egg who clubs should steer clear of.

Add to that the man who United threw under the bus in favour of players like Pogba is now smashing it with Spurs and it really is pretty woeful timing.

The narrative of him being a world class talent who can’t function without better players around doesn’t wash either anymore has Bruno has come and smashed that myth to pieces.

I don’t doubt that they were waiting til he had a “great” game to put out these sound bites, but again it was merely a great goal and an adequate performance. A one off in the context of this season and not the sort of stunning return that justifies holding a club like United to ransom in front of the world’s press.
Except that Ole and Woody now have experience from withstanding massive examination and pressure during the non Sancho signing. Doubt this will phase them.

Crashoutcassius

Are we puppets on a string for Mino, as fans?

Mino clearly thought 'i will say x and the united fans will pressure the club into selling their 90m player for nothing'.

And fans jumped at it

GoldanoGraham

Notice this has all come to light just after recent noises about us improving Bruno’s contract significantly - I think that Raiola has been waiting for a big fat new contract offer for PP and it hasn’t been forthcoming - I think it’s desperate on their part - just after the only positive contribution that Pogba has made all season.....they now don’t hold the cards as he isn’t the main man or perceived main man anymore - he has been totally eclipsed by Bruno and cannot even get in the team now....

Raiola tactic of creating a shit storm to create some action is standard practice for him.....the timing though is outrageous....if Pogba doesn’t come and and say anything then that just really shows what a low life he is as well. They are so suited for each other.

don’t care where he goes, be interesting how this plays out though.....

dalriada

I'm weary of the constant distraction that Pogba brings. I'm not a Pogba hater and I've been prepared to cut him some slack when he's been injured. Without doubt he has great talent and his defenders will legitimately point to his statistics as an influencer of games.

He's a true Mourinho signing though - buy the big name player and then figure out afterwards how he fits into the team, and we've never resolved that. When Ole arrived, he was talking about Pogba as a player you can build a team around. He was our lead penalty taker and one of our main goal scorers. Aside from his periods of injury, though, he's always been a fair-weather player who switches it on and off and when Bruno arrived he lost that lead role to a player who is the complete opposite for consistency, discipline, work rate and much more. He's not good defensively so having tried to design a team around Pogba we're now struggling to find a role for him in the team. Not that many people are bothered or surprised now if he isn't in the starting lineup.

And yet this forum is full of Pogba threads (although to be fair several of them are about who to replace him with), which is the other problem. He comes with a lot of baggage, and I think this is what SAF had a sniff off when he "let him get away". Part of that is Raiola, and anyone using that guy as an agent knows what they're getting.

We need a player who just gets on with the football, ideally someone with Bruno's personal qualities, time is really up for this Pogba circus.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Notice this has all come to light just after recent noises about us improving Bruno’s contract significantly - I think that Raiola has been waiting for a big fat new contract offer for PP and it hasn’t been forthcoming
I actually wonder if they have discussed new terms and the club have offered less than his current salary as there would be no realistic justification to be paying PP almost £100k per week more than Bruno. Something has definitely been going on behind the scenes.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
They are secretly hoping for us to get knocked out of CL after Pogba scored a good goal in the previous match.

Jose was wrong on many things but calling Pogba a 'virus' is not one.

JohnnyKills

If and when Pogba goes, it should mark the end of the Galactico era.

Since Fergie left we've signed Pogba, Sanchez, Di Maria, Falcao and Schweinsteiger and all of them have proved terrible buys. It just goes to show that clubs like United should develop their own stars, rather than buying them in ready-made. Superstars are always going to turn their nose up at the idea of living and working in Manchester and they're always going to feel they're doing us a favour, not the other way round.

Ole has got us on the right track, buying emerging talent and developing it. Long may it continue.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If and when Pogba goes, it should mark the end of the Galactico era.

Since Fergie left we've signed Pogba, Sanchez, Di Maria, Falcao and Schweinsteiger and all of them have proved terrible buys. It just goes to show that clubs like United should develop their own stars, rather than buying them in ready-made. Superstars are always going to turn their nose up at the idea of living and working in Manchester and they're always going to feel they're doing us a favour, not the other way round.

Ole has got us on the right track, buying emerging talent and developing it. Long may it continue.
More like Goalesstico.

Hackman2210

Get rid - squeeze every penny we can out of the deal. Lots of lovely clauses so we claw everything we can back. Image rights, Ballon'dor, CL appearences, domestic titles etc. If he wants out, let him go otherwise let him rot. He isnt going to want to bench warm for 18 months. Feck him and his agent. Id say we need to recouperate £70m on this sale. Clubs have money and now there appears to be an end to covid - normal service will resume financially. He's going to end up at Real, Juve or PSG - they have loadsamoney,they paid £100m for a 34 year old Ronaldo!!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This comment by Sir Alex sums of my feelings about Mino Raiola and agent fees in football.

GoldanoGraham

I actually wonder if they have discussed new terms and the club have offered less than his current salary as there would be no realistic justification to be paying PP almost £100k per week more than Bruno. Something has definitely been going on behind the scenes.
I agree - there is no way Pogba is getting a new contract with an increase - he just hasn’t justified what he is currently earning.....

I think that we knew what we were doing and allowing Mino to create a shit storm makes them look bad.....he’s basically throwing his toys out of the pram.....his timing is spiteful though and he knew what he would be doing.....

you wait for all the ‘Paul doesn’t feel loved at Man Utd’ bollocks that will soon follow....

not sure where they are going to get the big wages from.....think we will dig in on the fee as well.

We hold the cards this time.....

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
More than happy to sell him this winter to Juve or Madrid for at least 75 million. Or 35+35+variables. Never a TopTop player, other than in a few games in 16-18.

Midfield should be built around Matic, VdB, McT or Fred + Bruno as AMF.

Status
Not open for further replies.