MirrorFootball: Man Utd stars claim Ralf Rangnick methods interfere with home life

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Surely every Premiership team does this and has been doing for years?

Would have thought it would be more players refusing to accept they did the wrong thing or could have done something better, rather than being too stupid to want to watch a video in the first place.

We've certainly got more than a few idiots who probably think they know better than anyone who tries to suggest otherwise. I mean our captain thought going abroad and fighting the police and then trying to bribe the police during a world wide pandemic didn't in any way reflect badly on him. Somehow can't see him being given tactical suggestions that subtly point out the 100+ awful things he does per game and reacting to it like a grown up. I'd apply the same to a few others as well...probably the same ones who pull the same shite game after game that any half competent coach would be pointing out to them.

Last edited:

Roane

The leak is Ralf himself.

All part of his plan to create "fortress United" again.

Joking aside it would be a good plan to unite the players if all and sundry were "attacking" them

Eli Zee

The leak is Ralf himself.

All part of his plan to create "fortress United" again.

Joking aside it would be a good plan to unite the players if all and sundry were "attacking" them
That's a good point. Maybe we've fallen so far from Grace that we won't be able to reach the summit ever again without a common enemy to unite Manchester United.

We should leak stuff to make our players and team look terrible, like assholes, etc - then they willl be United against the media and everyone else to prove the world wrong.

I'm just kidding but it probably would have an impact

Seij

Seems to be consistent with the story saying that the players were unhappy leaving the training pitch at 5PM ONE day because they didn't want to go home in dark.

Making six figures per week while having to work until 5PM on a Tuesday? Let me take out the world's smallest violin.

Spoiled, entitled primadonnas. Don't care who it was. Whoever has this type of attitude is why we are where we are now and I'd be delighted to see every single one of them sold off.

Roane

That's a good point. Maybe we've fallen so far from Grace that we won't be able to reach the summit ever again without a common enemy to unite Manchester United.

We should leak stuff to make our players and team look terrible, like assholes, etc - then they willl be United against the media and everyone else to prove the world wrong.

I'm just kidding but it probably would have an impact
I was joking but there is a lot to be said about this kind of stuff. I mean SAF wasn't lauded as being the best coach etc but he sure got into the heads of rival managers and you only have to listen to Rio saying he never spoke to Lampard once he signed for UTD sue to mentality and mindset. Lampard echoed this under Mourinho too.

GNev and not shaking hands with big Pete is another example of fortress United.

It went so far that players wouldn't even sit with each other or speak on England duty.

Nowadays they are basically hugging and kissing all the way to the pitch

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Just another example of the medicority that has taken hold of the club. There is an influential group within the club who are happy to be shit. Why improve when they,'re making millions per year?

Characters who are content with being shit need to be shown the door asap.

Have a feeling its mostly the English contingent, Maguire, Shaw, Lingard, Rashford etc.

CloneMC16

Not believing any of this shite any more. These journalists are posting bullshit. None of our players are dumb enough to think they would get any sympathy leaking this.

Will Singh

Don’t believe a word of it but if it’s true then they are a bunch of pussies. Probably going home tied after a hard days work. If they did 18 hour days 6 days a week like I used to they’d be finished!

dave1956

Perhaps we should try a Brian clough methhod where he took the entire team down a local coal pit, Unfortuately that is not now an option, but I am sure we could find perhaps working in an E and A department for 12 hours or a council worker involved in road gritting until the early hours, there are certainly many more jobs which they should be made to experiance and perhaps this would bring them down and outside there bubble of self entitlement.

Daengophile

The Mirror is a downright disgrace.

Every single day there are negative stories about United.

Highly unprofessional

Infra-red

Hard to believe that any of the players could be so badly advised as to leak a story to the press that essentially says "employees unhappy that employer insists they do some work" and then be niave enough to think that the story would evoke anything other than utter contempt among United fans.

These players need to pull their fingers out. Any suggestion that they are doing anything other than that will be met with nothing but scorn.

Scottynaldinho

We were laughing at Moyes' and chips, Jagielka videos stories as well - turned out to be true.

The frequency of these stories suggest there's someone feeding these stories to the media. This bunch is indeed spoiled, Ronaldo's and Shaw's remarks clearly confirm that.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I refuse to believe watching video analysis at home is something new or unusual for PL footballers. My 12 year old son has started doing that since his coach got a Veo camera and sends round clips with loads of wee arrows scrawled on them every Monday, criticising the team shape and movement off the ball. It seems absolutely mental that this might be seen as cruel and unusual punishment for elite professional footballers.
My 13 year old nephew gets the same thing through his club. I see what they get sent, how invested he is in it. United would have had it in some form for at least a decade.

The story is loose and daft.

donkeyfish

It's clear our players need better role models. One player who was known for his consummate professionalism and would always watch his videos without complaint was Phil Jagielka.

It's obvious, Mr. Ragnick needs to show our players a video of him watching his videos. Be more like Phil and everything will turn to the better.

Mercurial

Its deffo Jesse complaining that Ralfs methods mean he can't post more about West Ham

Just noticed he did the finger thing so much when at west ham, the doctor had to tape his hurting thumb with surgical tape. :lol:

Last edited:

AndySmith1990

Who cares anymore? The answer to it all is simple enough. Get rid of the players who have a poor attitude. Promote younger players. Scout better. Make the transfer budget go further by not wasting it all on crap like AWB and Maguire, thus allowing us to sign more players in a shorter period to replace the wankers we get rid of.

dpansheth

Who cares anymore? The answer to it all is simple enough. Get rid of the players who have a poor attitude. Promote younger players. Scout better. Make the transfer budget go further by not wasting it all on crap like AWB and Maguire, thus allowing us to sign more players in a shorter period to replace the wankers we get rid of.
“Sign more players in a shorter period” ;
Something that I am in complete agreement. May be there’s only one bad apple or three, still need to throw them out, and galactico signings will not work till we can fix the culture, even then your strike rate needs to be a lot better.

Donk3y

Isn't this what LVG did as well and those clowns didn't take notice either.
Yes. Apparently, the players did not like how Max Reckers (LVG's analyst) focused on their mistakes during the video analysis. Somewhat ironic, the man is currently Chief Analyst at Ajax, working for the "top pick as next Utd manager".

Jev

Translation: ManUnited stars gave Mirror another source of revenue by putting out a clickbait headline
That article is many things but it's not clickbait. The headline is a perfectly apt description of the article's content.

Acole9

Outstanding
This has to be bollocks, I'm sure some of the leaks are true but some are just journos being opportunists.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The Van Gaal aspect is true at least.

Ander Herrera told Andy Mitten that - before every match - Van Gaal and his staff sent really detailed video packages breaking down a players upcoming 1v1 opponent and highlighting problem areas in their own performances from the previous match. Herrera said they were crazily informative and helpful - but that a lot of our younger players at the time hated them and would boast about deleting them without ever even opening them.

I remember De Gea and Blind both praising how detailed they were too. For De Gea they'd show a striker's favoured shooting spots throughout the season, the body shape an opposing striker would take up for different kinds of shots etc.
Herrera has said LVG was the best coach he worked under.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes. Apparently, the players did not like how Max Reckers (LVG's analyst) focused on their mistakes during the video analysis. Somewhat ironic, the man is currently Chief Analyst at Ajax, working for the "top pick as next Utd manager".
It is a ridiculous attitude, yes there is a way to go about it, but if you are making mistakes look to iron them out.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
If anyone believes this shite you need to get your head checked.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ever since ralf came in we’ve heard nothing but negative rumours. Is this because ralf is the only manager we’ve had since fergie that actually makes the players work hard in training? All our previous managers were never pressing managers and didn’t put on proper sessions. So now the players are asked to work hard, we’re hearing all bad things! They expect to get 100-200k a week for doing absolutely nothing! It’s a joke! You never hear these stories coming from city or Liverpool!