MirrorFootball: Man Utd stars claim Ralf Rangnick methods interfere with home life

The Van Gaal aspect is true at least.

Ander Herrera told Andy Mitten that - before every match - Van Gaal and his staff sent really detailed video packages breaking down a players upcoming 1v1 opponent and highlighting problem areas in their own performances from the previous match. Herrera said they were crazily informative and helpful - but that a lot of our younger players at the time hated them and would boast about deleting them without ever even opening them.

I remember De Gea and Blind both praising how detailed they were too. For De Gea they'd show a striker's favoured shooting spots throughout the season, the body shape an opposing striker would take up for different kinds of shots etc.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Ugh, can we maybe have a mega thread for player complaints? Seems like it's an ongoing weekly thing, be it true or false.

Gandalf

I refuse to believe watching video analysis at home is something new or unusual for PL footballers. My 12 year old son has started doing that since his coach got a Veo camera and sends round clips with loads of wee arrows scrawled on them every Monday, criticising the team shape and movement off the ball. It seems absolutely mental that this might be seen as cruel and unusual punishment for elite professional footballers.
True story. My lad plays for his High School team and got moved from winger to fullback for this season. His coach made a video of training cut ups for him and included clips of Trent Alexander-Arnold to show him what he wanted him to do. I nearly complained to the school board but when I realized the alternative was clips of AWB I let it go.

CallyRed

No big deal. My manager send me an email daily telling me how shit I've been.

Dan_F

I don’t think this reflects as well on the players as the person who leaked it had hoped.

Anyone told them we have to pay a big chunk of our wages and use our spare time to watch their mistakes too.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Why would the leaker think this would go down well? What planet are some of these people living on? You can fecking guarantee Pep and Klopp have been doing this for years.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I refuse to believe watching video analysis at home is something new or unusual for PL footballers. My 12 year old son has started doing that since his coach got a Veo camera and sends round clips with loads of wee arrows scrawled on them every Monday, criticising the team shape and movement off the ball. It seems absolutely mental that this might be seen as cruel and unusual punishment for elite professional footballers.
That's all well and good, but what affect is this having on your son's home life?

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Why would the leaker think this would go down well? What planet are some of these people living on? You can fecking guarantee Pep and Klopp have been doing this for years.
What's the betting it is Rangnick's crew doing it in this case to rally the fans behind a massive clear out?

sugar_kane

I've not read the article but I can safely say that our players can f*ck off

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I bet they had this story written, ready to click send at any point as soon as a manager like Rangnick was announced. The press are so predictable

ExoduS

So objectively how seriously we should take these posts lately that players are complaining about Rangnick's methods? Is it bs? Is it true? Is it somewhere in between? It's strange as I don't recall ever reading so many complaints from professional footballers that they actually need to train hard. What is going on here haha. I mean, we suck, and we need to train to hopefully stop "sucking".

I don't understand if these posts are meant to bash Ole and how he let players basically get paid without actually earning it, or is it to bash lazy players who are not used to work hard, or is it to bash Rangnick and his rigorous training regiment. I am a bit confused.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
The Van Gaal aspect is true at least.

Ander Herrera told Andy Mitten that - before every match - Van Gaal and his staff sent really detailed video packages breaking down a players upcoming 1v1 opponent and highlighting problem areas in their own performances from the previous match. Herrera said they were crazily informative and helpful - but that a lot of our younger players at the time hated them and would boast about deleting them without ever even opening them.

I remember De Gea and Blind both praising how detailed they were too. For De Gea they'd show a striker's favoured shooting spots throughout the season, the body shape an opposing striker would take up for different kinds of shots etc.
I wonder who it was? Some of the young players at the time included:

Luke Shaw
Tyler Blackett
Paddy McNair
Adnan Januzaj
Jesse Lingard
James Wilson
Andreas Pereira
Anthony Martial
Marcus Rashford

pascell

Didn't LvG do this at one point and many of them (emails I think he sent them by it was reported) were ignored?

If its true then it's simple, play the ones taking it on board, bench and drop the rest. Providing there's at least 11 accepting it.

choccy77

Its deffo Jesse complaining that Ralfs methods mean he can't post more about West Ham

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Translation: ManUnited stars gave Mirror another source of revenue by putting out a clickbait headline

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

Luke Shaw
Tyler Blackett
Paddy McNair
Adnan Januzaj
Jesse Lingard
James Wilson
Andreas Pereira
Anthony Martial
Marcus Rashford
10000% moneys on Wilson and Januzaj

dpansheth

Luke Shaw
Tyler Blackett
Paddy McNair
Adnan Januzaj
Jesse Lingard
James Wilson
Andreas Pereira
Anthony Martial
Marcus Rashford
Common denominator

LARulz

How do the players leaking not realise they come across stupid?

BlueHaze

These papers are seriously like that hemmorhoid that never goes away.

Feck me are they tedious.

spiriticon

Man Utd stars claim Rangnick smells of cheese and they can't concentrate in training

Irrational.

Diddums. They don’t get to go home and play with themselves on FIFA and create shit Instagram posts of them yelling inspirational shit like “Beans Beans Beans”. It’s like the time Moyes took chips off the canteen menu and there was a revolt. We really do have a squad full of self-entitled, self-preserving, selfish childish pricks.

For a team that flatter to deceive week after week, showing a lack of commitment and desire on the pitch, winning sweet feck all as our rivals are sweep up the silverware their arrogance is absolutely shocking.

I can’t ever recall having as unlikeable a squad as this one.

Last edited:

BlueHaze

Daily Mirror…seriously. Who even reads this crap?
Most english tabloids are best used as toilet paper anyway. Actually maybe not, can't even wipe with something that shitty. They make me cringe.

Amarsdd

MirrorFootball headline in a week: Man Utd players afraid it is Ralf's plan to burden them with homework so he can sleep with their WAGs
Caf: THESE PLAYERS DESERVE THAT AND RALF HAS EVERY RIGHT TO UNTIL THEY START PERFORMING!!!

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Translation: ManUnited stars gave Mirror another source of revenue by putting out a clickbait headline
Correction: Not everything is made up bullshite. Just because YOU don’t believe it (I mean why would you the CAF doesn’t believe anything unless it’s bad news. Then whatever is said is gospel. Typical for the CAF though)

Doesn’t take much to be a sports journalist these days. Heck, the forum could open its own news outlet called ‘CafeNews’.
Username checks out I guess.

We’ve finally managed a headline that is too pathetic to be true
See above regarding the correction.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Correction: Not everything is made up bullshite. Just because YOU don’t believe it (I mean why would you the CAF doesn’t believe anything unless it’s bad news. Then whatever is said is gospel. Typical for the CAF though)

Username checks out I guess.

See above regarding the correction.
Do you think there’s a lot of truth to the article? It’s a tabloid paper isn’t it?