MirrorFootball: Man Utd stars claim Ralf Rangnick methods interfere with home life

Gordon Godot

If anyone believes this shite you need to get your head checked.
Sure journos make stuff up. But also players will chat to journos or their 'camp' will do. So you cant just ignore every story and say its fake news. The old saying about smoke and fire. There is clearly a lot of briefing going on, seems in other posts that Hendo fingered as leaking and moaning, but he wont be alone. Remember these years have had 3 years of cuddling from Ole. Plus German press reporting that Ralf told not to shake things up too much. See a pattern here?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ever since ralf came in we’ve heard nothing but negative rumours. Is this because ralf is the only manager we’ve had since fergie that actually makes the players work hard in training? All our previous managers were never pressing managers and didn’t put on proper sessions. So now the players are asked to work hard, we’re hearing all bad things! They expect to get 100-200k a week for doing absolutely nothing! It’s a joke! You never hear these stories coming from city or Liverpool!
Think some of it is this. Also United sell papers, or clicks. They know the fans are unsettled so can feed on it. Changes needed to be made and Ralf is doing that if the players like it or not. The players are employees not bosses and should keep that in mind.

DomesticTadpole

Sure journos make stuff up. But also players will chat to journos or their 'camp' will do. So you cant just ignore every story and say its fake news. The old saying about smoke and fire. There is clearly a lot of briefing going on, seems in other posts that Hendo fingered as leaking and moaning, but he wont be alone. Remember these years have had 3 years of cuddling from Ole. Plus German press reporting that Ralf told not to shake things up too much. See a pattern here?
Agree. They have forgotten the meaning of hard work. Some of them it is about creating Youtube moments for themselves rather than teamwork.

crossy1686

career ending
Take sources from non-reliable papers with a pinch of salt but I do remember someone saying that players are terrified of becoming a meme. Anyone that says those words out loud should be sold.

hobbers

I'm sure there is some truth to it somewhere.

Will players be upset if they're told to watch footage of themselves being shit all the time? Yes. probably. This exact same "issue" already happened with LVG.

Last 10 years have shown that our players are dumber and lazier than most. Resistant to LVG, resistant to Mourinho, abused the trust Ole foolishly put in them and now clearly back to resistance mode with Rangnick. They'll find no sympathy from anyone for stuff like this.

If you want to know the players whinging about this to the media look for the ones who were playing under LVG and who are still here. Shaw, Martial, Lingard and Rashford.

Last edited:

Born2Lose

If he's used a photo of Bruno and Dalot that's two people you can instantly disregard as leaking this.

RR's the boss now and the constant stream of stories coming out show how tone deaf the players are but also that slowly he's weeding the ones who need to be ousted.

I have my favourites like everyone does, but I'm a United fan first and if RR has to ship all of them out and build again I'll accept that.

Oranges038

Anyone know if he has he banned chips yet?

You can take our freedom, but you'll never take our chips.

MrSingh2002

Luke Shaw said the extra training sessions are interfering with his Burger King visits.

It's just not on. Inhumane. Modern Slavery.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm sure there is some truth to it somewhere.

Will players be upset if they're told to watch footage of themselves being shit all the time? Yes. probably. This exact same "issue" already happened with LVG.

Last 10 years have shown that our players are dumber and lazier than most. Resistant to LVG, resistant to Mourinho, abused the trust Ole foolishly put in them and now clearly back to resistance mode with Rangnick. They'll find no sympathy from anyone for stuff like this.

If you want to know the players whinging about this to the media look for the ones who were playing under LVG and who are still here. Shaw, Martial, Lingard and Rashford.
The story is from september 2015, Rashford and Martial are highly unlikely.

Ixion

Probably the same player complaining that didn't like it that they finished training when it was dark

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Martin Samuel on Sunday Supplement a few years ago.

“Unfortunately, we discovered that what everyone reads is Manchester United, that’s all they want to read about. You will never ever go poor if you fill your website full of Manchester United stories.”

DomesticTadpole

Martin Samuel on Sunday Supplement a few years ago.

“Unfortunately, we discovered that what everyone reads is Manchester United, that’s all they want to read about. You will never ever go poor if you fill your website full of Manchester United stories.”
Exactly.

BerryBerryShrew

Perhaps we should try a Brian clough methhod where he took the entire team down a local coal pit, Unfortuately that is not now an option, but I am sure we could find perhaps working in an E and A department for 12 hours or a council worker involved in road gritting until the early hours, there are certainly many more jobs which they should be made to experiance and perhaps this would bring them down and outside there bubble of self entitlement.
Bielsa did something similar when he took over at Leeds. He found out how much an Elland Road ticket cost and made the players pick up rubbish and clean the stadium for however many hours it would take at minimum wage to afford a ticket. He said it was important to appreciate how much fans sacrificed to see them play.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
If it isn't already, such activities should be included in the job description of the multimillion contracts these players sign up to. If they don't like it, sign elsewhere and feck off out of the club.

Christ, imagine having to spend 2 hours a week to actually improve yourself at an underperforming club with ambitions to be champions.

DomesticTadpole

If it isn't already, such activities should be included in the job description of the multimillion contracts these players sign up to. If they don't like it, sign elsewhere and feck off out of the club.

Christ, imagine having to spend 2 hours a week to actually improve yourself at an underperforming club with ambitions to be champions.
God help this lot if they were in a job and were expected to go on training courses.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
It's probably an embellished story but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's true. I wish we could just swap most of this group of players out for another.

Cloud7

We laughed a lot about the stories that were coming out during Moyes time here only for them to turn out to be true. No idea why these get dismissed so easily. Some of our players are clearly idiots who believe that they will get sympathy in these situations. I can believe that they’re that out of touch.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
There definitely needs to be a thread purely dedicated to tabloid bs. They just wrote one today saying RR wants to sell Cavani because he's causing unrest in the dressing. Him and Pogba and Martial too, which are much easier to believe, but Cavani?

Maticmaker

Glad to hear Ralf is keeping up with the times /technology.... besides its a ready excuse for the players ..." sorry love can't take the dog for a walk got to catch up on my homework video"!

dinostar77

In the world of NFL, by the time players are at the airport to leave an away game, the analysis department have already sliced up the players performance into a highlights reel with analysis of their performance for them to digest of the flight home. That was 5 years ago. So not exactly a new thing. Why is it so hard for our players to accept similar?

Reminds me of a story from a few years ago, a journalist interviewing a PL player. Player finds out journalist earns £30,000.

Journo: i earn 30,000.
Player: a week? Thats not too bad.
Journo: no not a week.
Player: a month?
Journo: no not a month, per year. I earn £30,000 a year.
Player: how do you live on £30,000 a year?
Journo: Many people in many industries live in that or less.
Player: thats crazy.

(So when you have anecdotal takes such as these, doesnt tell you how disconnected players are from reality?).

There was also a story of a ex-player motd pundit who when he heard he would be getting £100,000 to appear on MOTD as a regular pundit thought it was the monthly salary not yearly. Imagine his disappointment....

Orange Tree

Probably why these players keep making the same stupid shit. They should already be analyzing their own performance even without someone telling them to.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's bullshit. Are you telling me Ole and staff didn't send the players any video analysis to work on?

mctrials23

I'm more amazed that anyone thinks you can pay footballers hundreds of thousands a week and not have a bunch of egos the size of planets. Add in low expectations and pay rises for mediocrity and you have the recipe for people who have no grounding in reality.

Remember during the first lockdown when all the celebrities sang "Imagine" to all us regular folk to remind us that we were all in this together. Remember when they empathised with the single parent in a one bedroom flat with 3 kids about how hard it was to not be able to go out and do what you wanted. How walking around their palatial house and grounds was just so horrible and that they felt our suffering.

But no, how on earth can people worth millions who have an entourage following them around telling them how wonderful they are possibly be disconnected from the everyman. How could they think that when they post utter shit on social media and get millions of views and likes that they are possibly the worst role models for young people. Baffles me every day.

mctrials23

It's bullshit. Are you telling me Ole and staff didn't send the players any video analysis to work on?
Ole put far more focus on individual expression and desire in games over technical details so who knows. I am sure they watched videos but there is a massive difference between watching your opponent play a few games to see how they like to play and actually analysing personal performances and weaknesses in your own game.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
That article is many things but it's not clickbait. The headline is a perfectly apt description of the article's content.
But if the content is bullshit, then the headline is bullshit. Bullshit and hyperboles generate attention.

tomaldinho1

It didn’t take the media long to turn on Ralf- such a bunch of parasites.
He's a nightmare for them - he answers every question simply and directly which is ironically not what they want. Look at how long the Ronaldo substitute questions are running (genuinely all that happened is we subbed a striker for a CB to defend a lead), they're clutching a straws because United clickbait articles and angry fans are probably about 50% of the website traffic for half these places.

DomesticTadpole

He's a nightmare for them - he answers every question simply and directly which is ironically not what they want. Look at how long the Ronaldo substitute questions are running (genuinely all that happened is we subbed a striker for a CB to defend a lead), they're clutching a straws because United clickbait articles and angry fans are probably about 50% of the website traffic for half these places.
Think this is true. His answers get straight to the point. They want answers that can be misinterpreted. That they can twist to their own agenda.

Kellyiom

Didn't LvG do this at one point and many of them (emails I think he sent them by it was reported) were ignored?

If its true then it's simple, play the ones taking it on board, bench and drop the rest. Providing there's at least 11 accepting it.
I think it doesn't warrant any sympathy or concerns, whether true or not. If true then I can't blame a manager for trying to highlight errors during an absolute crisis in what should be a very successful team.

If it's players leaking the info, it's very out of touch how the average supporter will see it.

There's almost nothing to lose in a way because by acting in such a fashion when they have agents, lawyers and unions to represent them they're basically declaring themselves unworthy or unfit for selection anyway and there's probably more risk to overall team results having players like that on the pitch anyway.