Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
http://www.t-a.no/sport/article10576235.ece

14 yo Norwegian Edvard Sandvik Tagseth will be on trial with us next month.He played for Everton U14s side against our U14s in a friendly tournament this month, where he scored their only goal in a 1-1 draw.
This guy recently spent a week in England to train with us and Everton. However, no one from United showed up to meet him and his family, they struggled to get in touch with the vacationing club rep who had arranged the trial and Edvard ended up spending the entire week at Everton (he might have had a single training session at United before going back to Everton, versions differ). The fella won't be signing for us anytime soon.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
This guy recently spent a week in England to train with us and Everton. However, no one from United showed up to meet him and his family, they struggled to get in touch with the vacationing club rep who had arranged the trial and Edvard ended up spending the entire week at Everton (he might have had a single training session at United before going back to Everton, versions differ). The fella won't be signing for us anytime soon.
Dick move that. You'd think someone like McGuinness/Whelan/Casper or whoever would've been able to stand in and organise for the kid to come here. Maybe there's a bit of confusion since McClair's departure?

khoazany

Mitchell back to U18s squad as they take on WBA in their first match of the top division group.

khoazany

Is Wilson not still eligible for under 19's? Surely Gribbin deserved a look in?
Wilson should be in the U20s but he's injured.Looks at that midfield no Pearson is funny indeed.No senior experience counted against Harrop and Rothwell.

Peacock (U17s coach) hardly called up any United player in the past few years so no surprise about Williams and Gribbin.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I don't know much about the U16's-U18's but I'd be very surprised if the players called up in place of Gribbin, CBJ, Tuanzebe, RoShaun Williams, Willock, Rothwell and Pearson are better than them. It seems some very weird anti-United bias.

khoazany

I don't know much about the U16's-U18's but I'd be very surprised if the players called up in place of Gribbin, CBJ, Tuanzebe, RoShaun Williams, Willock, Rothwell and Pearson are better than them. It seems some very weird anti-United bias.
There're good depth currently in the England youth setup though and for U19s onwards first team experience is a very important factor (hence all of these Boro youngsters).

Always find people giving too much deal about this.Are we producing players for United first team or for England youth teams?

Last edited:

Sid234

It's still very surprising that neither our youth players nor Liverpool's are in any of the youth squads

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Jack Barmby is in the U20s. Surprised Pearson isn't there as he has been doing great for Barnsley. An extra match or two would have been good for Harrop and Rothwell but as Khoazany says when you get up to that age not playing first team football goes against you big time.

Redo91

Wilson should be in the U20s but he's injured.Looks at that midfield no Pearson is funny indeed.No senior experience counted against Harrop and Rothwell.

Peacock (U17s coach) hardly called up any United player in the past few years so no surprise about Williams and Gribbin.
Damn didn't realise Wilson's injury was that bad.

He seems to pick up a lot of knocks. Hopefully it's something he grows out of like Welbeck did.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Was just thinking of Nicky Butt and what is role was this season. Does he have a specific role or is he just generally assisting the youth? At the back-end of last season he was Warren Joyce's assistant but he hasn't continued that this season. I wonder if he will take back up the u19s next season.

khoazany

Was just thinking of Nicky Butt and what is role was this season. Does he have a specific role or is he just generally assisting the youth? At the back-end of last season he was Warren Joyce's assistant but he hasn't continued that this season. I wonder if he will take back up the u19s next season.
I think generally assisting the youth.Seems he has done more coaching here and there.Coached the U11s few days ago.

khoazany

As per Daily Mail, he has been offered an interim role as head of coaching with Manchester United's academy.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-coach-Manchester-United-s-future-stars.html
Can't imagine him being a "head" with that little of coaching experience.

We also going back to the MIC tournament (U12s) as the tradition.
Groups: (this tournament also starts on 31 March)

Going by previous years the "strong" teams are us,Barca,Ajax,Real,Total Futbol Academy and USA Soccer Stars.

hebegebe

Was at the Cliff on Wednesday with the U15's I think, they were playing a Canadian team.

khoazany

An United team is playing PNE at Carrington currently.Don't know which age group but Gribbin and Gomes are playing (not sure if on the same pitch).1-0 for United atm with Gribbin scored.

Edit: Gomes is on the bench.

Last edited:

khoazany

United Reserves is leading 1-0 after HT vs. Monaco in the Nike Academy Cup with goal from Pereira.

Squad:

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Ou very own reporter @jb8521
Awoniyi has trained and played for the U-21's for my local club Kalmar FF. I've seen him play, he has decent pace, good vision and is strong. Scored 4 in 7 in the quals to the U-17 WC. Didn't play in the WC due to issues over age (which was ridiculous because he cleared the FIFA wrist-scan age test). Has signed a pre-contract and will join the first team when he turns 18 in august.

khoazany

Awoniyi has trained and played for the U-21's for my local club Kalmar FF. I've seen him play, he has decent pace, good vision and is strong. Scored 4 in 7 in the quals to the U-17 WC. Didn't play in the WC due to issues over age (which was ridiculous because he cleared the FIFA wrist-scan age test). Has signed a pre-contract and will join the first team when he turns 18 in august.
For United or Kalmar FF?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
For United or Kalmar FF?
KFF. Although, wouldn't be surprised if a better club bought him before he joins up, wouldn't cost much.

Edit: scored 3 goals in the U-20 African Championship (despite being 2 years younger than most players).

Last edited: