Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

khoazany

We will be in the same group as Arsenal,WBA,Burnley and Palace.First match vs Palace later at 8:30 am (don't know if BST or Belgium time).
WBA topped the group with 9 points while we're second with 7 points - beat WBA 2-0 and Burnley (didn't know the score), drew 1-1 with Palace and were beaten 1-2 by Arsenal.Only the group winner will proceed to the semi final though.

khoazany

United will be in Group 1 with Hertha Berlin,Ajax,Spurs and Team Europa.Fixture list of the group stage on 15 November:

Boisko 1
10:00 Manchester United - Hertha Berlin
10:25 Team Europa - Ajax Amsterdam
10:50 Manchester United - Tottenham Hotspur
11:15 Hertha Berlin - Team Europa
11:40 Ajax Amsterdam - Tottenham Hotspur
12:05 Manchester United - Team Europa
12:30 Hertha Berlin - Ajax Amsterdam
12:55 Team Europa - Tottenham Hotspur
13.10 Manchester United - Ajax Amsterdam
13:35 Hertha Berlin - Tottenham Hotspur
14:00 Mecz 3A - 3B (zwycięzca awansuje do Złotej Grupy) (translate: 3rd of group A - 3rd of group B, winner will proceed to the Gold Group).

Apart from Team Europa the rest all historically strong at this level so should be some good challenges for the kids.
United proceeded to the Gold Group (for the top 5 teams) today.Had a very poor start (0-0 vs Hertha Berlin,0-1 vs Spurs,1-1 vs Team Europa) but the kids then beat Ajax 2-1 in the last group match and beat Sparta Prague 2-0 in the playoff match to go through the group stage.

They will play against Hertha Berlin,Spurs,Liverpool and Shalke 04 in the Gold Group tomorrow.Seems no semi final so the winner of this group will win the tournament.

khoazany

Legia Cup tournament highlight.Some of these Ajax lads are a joy to watch (despite them not having a good result).

Final Spurs - Hertha Berlin:

Last edited:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The little scouse diver at 1:02. :lol: Learning from Suarez I see.

The cartwheel kid at 3:48 is brilliant too, he didn't even score. You got to love some of the kids enthusiasm.

Oh la la cutie at 6:23 :drool:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I like our no.7 - reet tough little bugger

khoazany

A Manchester United XI drew 1-1 with Blackpool in a friendly yesterday.Will Keane scored our only goal.

khoazany

http://www.mtu-hallencup.de/en/turnier/info.html

United U15s will go back to the MTU-Hallencup this year.It's a 5-a-side tournament on Germany.
Tournament starts next week - 6 to 7 December.

Squad:
Matt Campbell(GK),Angel Gomes,Aidan Barlow,Harry Spratt,Dylan Levitt,Brandon Williams,Dion McGhee,James Garner,Ethan Laird,Mason Greenwood.

The first 4 are U15s,Greenwood is U13s and the rest are U14s.

hebegebe

Over the last couple of months I've watch academy matches from U9's to U18's and we have some outstanding talent at every level, the academy really does seem to be in a great shape at the moment.

khoazany

Over the last couple of months I've watch academy matches from U9's to U18's and we have some outstanding talent at every level, the academy really does seem to be in a great shape at the moment.
I think our problem (recently) has always been the quantity of "good enough" talents not quality of best talents,which might due to the increase competition from other clubs like City.Also our coaching at some levels seem to be a bit below of the standard (this is only someone's opinion which I have no way to validate).We're very good in scouting and recognising special talents that don't come around too often.

Last edited:

jb8521

Really weird situation with Indy Boonen he isn't registered with any club at the moment and from what I've seen we are the only club that has taken him on trial so I presume we had some sort of pre-agreement with him.
I've heard we could sign him in January when he turns 16

jb8521

Is that Benfica winger the same one we had on trial back in August who Barcelona were linked with too?
No hes been with us since last year and played for us at the Marveld tournament in May

jb8521

So we signed Venancio last year?
Yeah hes been playing with us since last year his family moved to England and he had trials with us and City last year. Contract renewal time is coming up which is probably why theres stories about it the past couple of weeks

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Cheers. Any news on Joao Filipe since his trial? He seems very highly rated.
All I could find was that he was back at Benfica - he scored in a 16-1 win in late November. I don't think the standard of opposition was very good though, for some reason!

khoazany

Cheers. Any news on Joao Filipe since his trial? He seems very highly rated.
Not yet turned 16 and is currently attached to a club (not like Boonen who's a free agent) so we should not expect to hear anything before he turns 16.

Superpolfcb

Belgian newspaper HLN today reporting that Indy Boonen's trial was successful and that he'll sign his contract in January. His younger brother Seppe will also join Man Utd

Reactions: KM

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Manchester United are taking a look at Stevenage Borough centre back Ryan Johnson.

The 18-year-old is joining up with United at their Carrington training complex after impressing scouts with his performances for Stevenage and their Under 18s.

Johnson started at West Bromwich Albion, where he spent seven years as a schoolboy and was offered a scholarship. However, he believed he had a better chances of breaking through at Stevenage and made the switch there in 2013.

They gave him a two-year scholarship and he quickly impressed, began training with the first team and signed professional terms a year early. He was on the substitutes' bench a number of times last season before making his debut in May in the 2–0 defeat by Brentford.

He became Stevenage's youngest ever debutant at the age of 17 years and 215 days. Johnson played at left back in the game but earned glowing praise from manager Graham Westley.

He'll spend a week at United in the hope of impressing staff.

lysglimt

Scout
had a quick check on this Ryan Johnson. He is 6'2 - described as physically strong, good concentration and very composed.

m1y2

Seems Corrigan has taken down the individual game compilation vids. :(
as you have probably found out he made a new channel called 99corriganHD where he uploads the compilation vids of our young lads. Not sure why he changed it tho..

m1y2

well chelsea replaced Schurle with Cuadrado and we replaced Janko with Kellett, exciting window.

khoazany

Impressive, some very good academies in that line-up.
Yeah one of our lads won Best Player as well.Though I think the German clubs were a bit younger than the British's due to the age group format difference.

Our 2001 squad (U14s) will participate in a tournament called Copa Sa Pobla Mallorca at Majorca (1-6 April):

http://www.copasapobla.es/index.php/inscritos?sid=1005:Manchester-United-FC

We also going back to the MIC tournament (U12s) as the tradition.