Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

jb8521

Has that proposed fixed tariff been ratified? If we've known all along how much he'd cost us, we wouldn't have played him against Bolton unless we were willing to pay up, would we? What am I missing here?
Im not sure but he would have played in that game as a trialist.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
With all the international action taking place this weekend, there will be no Academy matches at all.

I understand the U/16's will be participating in an U/16 Tournament with Newcastle, Sunderland and Wolves.

Conrad

There seems to be a mystery man in the official Premier league squad: Regan Leslie Poole. Listed as one of our U21 players. Anybody heard of him? There is a Regan Poole on twitter who seems to be around the right age, he's a standby for the Wales U17 squad, but he plays for Newport.

Sid234

Sid234

Vermijl and Petrucci have been registered with the first team, is it to make up the numbers for homegrown players? Dont think Petrucci will get a chance, Vermijl might.

khoazany

Vermijl and Petrucci have been registered with the first team, is it to make up the numbers for homegrown players? Dont think Petrucci will get a chance, Vermijl might.
Most likely because we still have space to fill so there's no harm listing their names in.Who know we might need to use them sometimes.We have more than enough homegrown players.

oskarutd

what does that mean?
That means we can use him, he is not our player. We used this before to loan players to other clubs (give them work experience). We usually do not loan in players in that way. Especially since we have so many players in the U18s who can play center back.

Decotron

No to both

I thought Van Gaal has said to Vermijl that he has no future at the club before the US Tour
Ive been wondering about that as well.

I was surprised when I heard the report considering Ajax had been scouting him last season. I rate him as a fullback. neat and tidy and good positionally. If/when we revert to a 433 Id much prefer to see him there as back up rather than Smalling or Jones.

khoazany

No to both

I thought Van Gaal has said to Vermijl that he has no future at the club before the US Tour
What LVG said was Vermijl wouldn't get game times if he went on the tour so he should stay at home.It's different than having no future with us.Though with some of the Vermijl's comment last season I was surprised that he accepted to stay with the U21s until now.

FromTheBench

Regan Poole seems a CB and we should be well stocked in there at that age group. Bit strange.

And does Petrucci even have his contract remaining ? Thought it was over this summer and he was just staying till he found a new club? Odd.

oskarutd

Regan Poole seems a CB and we should be well stocked in there at that age group. Bit strange.

And does Petrucci even have his contract remaining ? Thought it was over this summer and he was just staying till he found a new club? Odd.
His contract finishes next summer.

FromTheBench

No to both

I don't remember that. Just that Van Gaal had told him he was taking 2 players per position on tour and couldn't take him.

Vermijl is solid RB, but i rated Varela higher and now he's gone. Vermijl could be a backup if needed though.

Sid234

Only reason LvG didn't take Vermijl on tour was that he had Rafael and Valencia to fill in the RWB position.

jb8521

what does that mean?
Work experience loan means that he can train and play in games for us and for his club but we are not responsible for his schooling which we would be if it was a scholarship

sajeev

Work experience loan means that he can train and play in games for us and for his club but we are not responsible for his schooling which we would be if it was a scholarship
cool thanks

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I don't remember that. Just that Van Gaal had told him he was taking 2 players per position on tour and couldn't take him.

Vermijl is solid RB, but i rated Varela higher and now he's gone. Vermijl could be a backup if needed though.
Did anyone really see Vermijl last season? The word was he was pretty good, would have been tough to catch many games though.

When a player goes on loan it's easy for me to lose a bit of enthusiasms in them, as I'll rarely watch another team just to see one player, and a lot of lower league stuff isn't on, even with streams.

I missed the MK Dons game but it's tough when you put a team together like that who has hardly played together. Honestly the reserve team would have done better.

Anything as long as Valencia isn't played as a right back (right wing back is fine).

khoazany

U16s Premier League tournament tomorrow - United in the same group with Sunderland,Newcastle and Wolves.Group winner will play in St.George for the final stage.

khoazany

We qualified to the finals.

Yeah.2 clean sheets from our GK Ben Pierce apparently.Looks like we fielded a strongest squad possible though with Dearnley,Gribbin etc all featured.

U12s,U13s,U14s all won today in the league as well vs. Blackburn.Good day.

Last edited:

hebegebe

Yeah.2 clean sheets from our GK Ben Pierce apparently.Looks like we fielded a strongest squad possible though with Dearnley,Gribbin etc all featured.

U12s,U13s,U14s all won today in the league as well vs. Blackburn.Good day.
Where did you get these results from?

Bloedrood

Interesting.

Wonder if Stuivenberg gives us a inside track on Dutch prospects.
Few people have a better view on Dutch top talents than he has, and I imagine he personally knows most youth coaches at the bigger clubs. Also worked at Feyenoord for more than 10 years, so that also helps in this case. Feyenoord has had the best academy in Holland for a couple of years now, and Tahith Chong was the only talent of his team that was fasttracked this summer from the under 15 team to the under 17 team, skipping the under 16 team.

Have to say as a Dutchie I don't like our players leaving as such a young age, don't think it's good for Dutch youth development. But what can you do.

dutchred

Few people have a better view on Dutch top talents than he has, and I imagine he personally knows most youth coaches at the bigger clubs. Also worked at Feyenoord for more than 10 years, so that also helps in this case. Feyenoord has had the best academy in Holland for a couple of years now, and Tahith Chong was the only talent of his team that was fasttracked this summer from the under 15 team to the under 17 team, skipping the under 16 team.

Have to say as a Dutchie I don't like our players leaving as such a young age, don't think it's good for Dutch youth development. But what can you do.
I agree, but if we don't do it Chelsea, Arsenal or City will do it.