Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Louis Rowley has left the club to join the Leicester City Development Squad.

"Young defender Louis Rowley has left #mufc to join Leicester City's Development Squad. All the best for the future, Louis."

khoazany

Does Leicester have first preference agreement on all our released youngsters ?
I would imagine after getting James,Drinkwater and De Laet from us who all went to become their core players they're viewing our U21s as a gold mine.Hope they're interested to take a few more on loan.

FromTheBench

I would imagine after getting James,Drinkwater and De Laet from us who all went to become their core players they're viewing our U21s as a gold mine.Hope they're interested to take a few more on loan.
Yeah, probably make sense loaning a couple 1 or 2 there.

khoazany

Just have been wonder, with Rowley already left who will be our U21s LB next season?It's not like Blackett and James should play at that level anymore.

FromTheBench

Just have been wonder, with Rowley already left who will be our U21s LB next season?It's not like Blackett and James should play at that level anymore.
We do have a shortage of LB's throughout levels. Strange Rowley was allowed to leave.

Our u21's have plenty of players who probably won't beneift from U21 football now as well.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
If Rothwell and Pearson are still the midfielders maybe Goss will be used as LB like in the youth league. What position does Callum Evans play? I believe he has played both fullback spots before.

khoazany

If Rothwell and Pearson are still the midfielders maybe Goss will be used as LB like in the youth league. What position does Callum Evans play? I believe he has played both fullback spots before.
Callum Evans can play (and I think will play) there but he's better at RB IMO.

Knowing Joyce we'll see Goss at LB quite a few times but I just don't buy how is that beneficial for him.Instead we should loan one of Rothwell/Pearson (or both) and play him in his position.Goss is too good of a talent to be wasted IMO.I actually think Goss will excel under Joyce, along with Harrop.

Last edited:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Callum Evans can play (and I think will play) there but he's better at RB IMO.

Knowing Joyce we'll see Goss at LB quite a few times but I just don't buy how is that beneficial for him.Instead we should loan one of Rothwell/Pearson (or both) and play him in his position.Goss is too good of a talent to be wasted IMO.I actually think Goss will excel under Joyce, along with Harrop.
Yeah I've already said that Rothwell and Pearson are ready and should be pushed on.

I don't get to see much of the u18s but what I have seen I am really excited about Harrop. What is his best position do you think? I've seen him used a bit all over the place and I thought he was superb in the Mercedes cup.

khoazany

Yeah I've already said that Rothwell and Pearson are ready and should be pushed on.

I don't get to see much of the u18s but what I have seen I am really excited about Harrop. What is his best position do you think? I've seen him used a bit all over the place and I thought he was superb in the Mercedes cup.
He's excellent on every position I've seen him play except for RB.IMO he has the dribbling ability,vision and passing to play the CM role but the coaching staffs seem want to play him on the wing more.Both him and Goss weren't that consistent for the U18s but we all know what Joyce is good at.He'll turn them into winners.

khoazany

MU Premier Cup tomorrow for the U15s.Surprise about the lack of info this year.

U13s/U14s going to Strewburry today for their annual pre-season camp.Few trialists were brought with the travelling squad.

oskarutd

jb8521

U13s/U14s going to Strewburry today for their annual pre-season camp.Few trialists were brought with the travelling squad.
It doesn't start until wednesday

hebegebe

U13/U14s training at Littleton road last week, due to Carrington preparing for the Nike Cup. 9/10/11's off to the Shrewsbury training camp on Thursday.

khoazany

No U14s going this time (Levitt and Garner were in the Marveld squad).Lewis Thompson will be our captain.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hi!

Top row (left to right): Johnson, Croskery, McTominay, Dunne, Williams, Borthwick-Jackson, Redmond, Gribbin, Scott, Reid, Thompson
Middle row: Dorrington, Henderson, Byrne
Bottom row: (Warren?), Dearnley, (?), Rathbone, Tuanzebe, Riley, Mitchell, Kehinde, Rushford, (Makela?)
A newbie has just helped.

khoazany

Any chance you could put names to that photo?
Top row (left to right): Johnson, Croskery, McTominay, Dunne, Williams, Borthwick-Jackson, Redmond, Gribbin, Scott, Reid, Thompson
Bottom row: Warren, Dearnley, Kenyon, Rathbone, Tuanzebe, Riley, Mitchell, Kehinde, Rashford, Makela

hebegebe

Bottom row: Warren, Dearnley, Kenyon, Rathbone, Tuanzebe, Riley, Mitchell, Kehinde, Rashford, Makela
Isn't Gribbin young, even for the U16's?

RuudTom83

For any regular reserve team watches, could you tell me...are the reserve team playing a similar formation to the first team?

khoazany

For any regular reserve team watches, could you tell me...are the reserve team playing a similar formation to the first team?
They're playing more of a 3-5-1-1 (3-4-2-1) due to lack of strikers.U18s still playing with 4 at the back but quite close to U21s formation with the holding midfielder originally a CB.