Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Beaucoup

I’d say it’s more about being physically closer to first team. But even with that he’s played most of the season in the U18s.
Correct to an extent, he‘s well developed for his age, but having watched him live for both England and Arsenal I would comfortably say he is better than Lacey in every department, he’s one of the best academy players I’ve seen for a long time.

Prodigal7

I watched Nwaneri for the full FAYC game and have no idea what the fuss is about. Seems a good all round attacker but not head and shoulders above anyone like Lacey or Moore who is also fantastic when I've seen him play.
I think he plays for ENgland a year up because he is physically more robust and mature in his game.

Beaucoup

I watched Nwaneri for the full FAYC game and have no idea what the fuss is about. Seems a good all round attacker but not head and shoulders above anyone like Lacey or Moore who is also fantastic when I've seen him play.
I think he plays for ENgland a year up because he is physically more robust and mature in his game.
Played out of position in the youth cup, he isn’t a 9. Watch him as an 8, 10 or 11 and you will definitely change your opinion.

NickyT

Nwaneri and Lacey are both top talents.

Ethan probably pips it for me right now because of his exposure to u21 football and the impact he's had in the 8 or so games he's played. Of course at times his decision making has been questionable but he's still very young.

If Shea got the same opportunity at U21 level he probably would have a similar impact on games as Ethan, very hypothetical I know.

Tbh that England 07 age group is full of talent, e.g. the Trevan Sanusi kid mentioned earlier has been playing 21s football often, he was the best player on the pitch against QPR the other night, senior players like Chris Willock, Ethan Laird and Leon Balogan were involved. He'd be a very good signing.

Last edited:

Bigsid

What an experience for the boy.

Really not helpful the over hyping of young boys. We should learn our lesson with Shola. Playing Youth champions league at 14, now struggling to get a game at Bolton. The height of the pedestal is too high.

Prodigal7

Really not helpful the over hyping of young boys. We should learn our lesson with Shola. Playing Youth champions league at 14, now struggling to get a game at Bolton. The height of the pedestal is too high.
Playing them up a few age groups is not overhyping them, it's the fans that do that. The coaches only do what's best for the player at that point in time.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Nice to see you post something positive again. ”Our” lesson :lol:

Nothing to be ashamed about for a player who’s just turned 19 to play in ”only” 15 games out of 18 possible in League One.

Yeah a big mistake from EtH, clearly doesn’t know how to handle young players.

Prodigal7

Nice to see you post something positive again. ”Our” lesson :lol:

Nothing to be ashamed about for a player who’s just turned 19 to play in ”only” 15 games out of 18 possible in League One.

Yeah a big mistake from EtH, clearly doesn’t know how to handle young players.
Agreed. Shola will likely take the career route similar Juan Mata who progressed more in this 20s. It will take a while for him to find his feet in mens football but he's got the feet and the brain to make it even in the PL or at least championship IMO, whether that's with us or not.

top1whoisman

Scout
Agreed. Shola will likely take the career route similar Juan Mata who progressed more in this 20s. It will take a while for him to find his feet in mens football but he's got the feet and the brain to make it even in the PL or at least championship IMO, whether that's with us or not.
I mean I don’t think Shoretire will ever become a regular at PL level, I just don’t understand why a ”United fan” will look at any news from our academy, for example when one of our biggest talents trains in the first team for the first time, and always find the negative angle on it.

Prodigal7

I mean I don’t think Shoretire will ever become a regular at PL level, I just don’t understand why a ”United fan” will look at any news from our academy, for example when one of our biggest talents trains in the first team for the first time, and always find the negative angle on it.
Not so much a negative angle as negative spin. I know, I called him out on this when he first joined the forum, it's obvious to everyone on here that he's anti united and pro city. I don't know why he doesn't just admit it, we have fans of other clubs on here.

top1whoisman

Scout
Not so much a negative angle as negative spin. I know, I called him out on this when he first joined the forum, it's obvious to everyone on here that he's anti united and pro city. I don't know why he doesn't just admit it, we have fans of other clubs on here.
Exactly, reasonable oppo fans add a lot to this forum.

Bigsid

Simply stating it isnt helpful to the boy as ETH would agree. This isnt the clubs fault. Its the modern world of social media. No negativity from me. To compare to Mata who was scoring goals regularly for Valencia against Barca in the top level of Spanish football before the age of 20 is some call.

top1whoisman

Scout
Simply stating it isnt helpful to the boy as ETH would agree. This isnt the clubs fault. Its the modern world of social media. No negativity from me. To compare to Mata who was scoring goals regularly for Valencia against Barca in the top level of Spanish football before the age of 20 is some call.
So what exactly was Shoretire playing UYL at 14 to do with social media? Did he play there because someone hyped him on social media?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I honestly don’t know how you don’t find it embarrassing posing as a United fan on here when you’ve been called out on it so often

Beaucoup

Ibragimov has already signed his scholarship too so it's not like this is being done to convince him to stay, like with Nwaneri or Moore for example.
He was the only player at Carrington that wasn’t doing match prep, nothing more to it

top1whoisman

Scout
He was the only player at Carrington that wasn’t doing match prep, nothing more to it
Don’t think EtH would’ve needed him to make up numbers. There’s plenty of U14, U15 or U16 players that could be called up to train with the first team, but are not.

Beaucoup

Don’t think EtH would’ve needed him to make up numbers. There’s plenty of U14, U15 or U16 players that could be called up to train with the first team, but are not.
Not on a Friday afternoon there isn’t, he was the only one, and yes he was needed to make up the numbers. Nothing more to it.

top1whoisman

Scout
Not on a Friday afternoon there isn’t, he was the only one, and yes he was needed to make up the numbers. Nothing more to it.
Good to hear. Almost made the mistake of being excited for a talented player to train with the first team for the first time.

top1whoisman

Scout
No problem, just bringing you back down to reality
Thank you, I was definitely getting carried away. Ordered his shirt and sent an email to the club asking them to offer him a £100k/w contract.

Really good to have a voice of reason among all this positivity.

top1whoisman

Scout
I just don’t think our academy is as great as everyone thinks at the moment. Only an opinion.
Don’t know who you’re talking about. I for one have never said our academy is doing great. Not seen anyone else make that claim either.

At the same time I have no problem praising someone when there’s a reason to do that. I can enjoy our academy team win without having to point out that the opponent was shit.

Feels like you’ve got something personal against the academy and its staff, it’s sad to see.

Beaucoup

Don’t know who you’re talking about. I for one have never said our academy is doing great. Not seen anyone else claim that either.

At the same time I have no problem praising someone when there’s a reason to do that. I can enjoy our academy team win without having to point out that the opponent was shit.

Feels like you’ve got something personal against the academy and its staff, it’s sad to see.
Not at all, what’s sad to see is the poor state of our academy.