Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Varun1

Alan Nixon say we want Igor Tyjon of Blackburn.
Simon Jones say we are leading the chase for Dipepa.
From Google, Dipepa is an ST from Port Vale, is that right? What position does Tyjon play? He's an attacker according to TransferM but doesn't specify the position.

Are they any good? Probably are given we are chasing them ...

Edit: fixed typos, sorry.

Last edited:

Gungerz

From Google, Dipepa is an ST for Port Vale, is that right? What position does Tyjon play? He's an attacher accorsiny to TransferM but doesn't specify the postal.

Are they any good? Probably are given we are chasing them ...
Tyjon is a striker. Only joined Blackburn this season having been previously at Rochdale. Brighton were also heavily interested then & will apparently go for him again.

Staffordshire Red

Supports
Utd
Much like Rashford, Dipepa was thrown into the team at Vale due to injuries but made an instant impact.

He is the kind of young player we should be bringing to the club, quick, skillful, eye for goal and has drive and determination.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Have been linked Mpofu of Reading, Dipepa of Port Vale and Tyjon of Blackburn so far.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I was thinking about the tournament we just got knocked out in the quarters in on penalties. Wasn’t that u13 as well?
Yes that's the tournament we'll face Dortmund in. Some type of a placement match, they often give more or less the same amount of games to every team in these age groups.

khoazany

Tyjon already scored 2 in 3 appearances for Blackburn U21s as a schoolboy.

We need a forward for the next year U18s intake so make sense. Our second year group next season will be very strong so the first year signings are gonna be crucial for our FA Youth Cup ambition.

Gungerz

U13s finish with a 2-0 win over Genk. They end the tournament 5th but without having lost a match in normal time.

lysglimt

Scout
Remarkable story from this game. Dortmund's second keeper (presumably due to our GK being injured) went in goal for United and ended up saving the decisive penalty.
If he played for Perugia - he would have been sacked tomorrow :)

KM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/28142379/man-utd-transfer-blackburn-wonderkid-tyjon-exclusive/

Linked with Aussie born James Overy.

And they are also in the running for Aussie right-back James Overy, 16, ahead of rivals Everton and West Ham.

Overy left Perth Glory when his family returned to England to live in Devon and is currently with Newton Abbot Spurs.

But the Aussie has been to train with United and given the VIP treatment with accommodation in Hotel Football, right beside Old Trafford.
Hammers also invited Overy for talks after they saw him in a pre- season friendly last year while Everton also plan a move.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/28142379/man-utd-transfer-blackburn-wonderkid-tyjon-exclusive/

Linked with Aussie born James Overy.

And they are also in the running for Aussie right-back James Overy, 16, ahead of rivals Everton and West Ham.

Overy left Perth Glory when his family returned to England to live in Devon and is currently with Newton Abbot Spurs.

But the Aussie has been to train with United and given the VIP treatment with accommodation in Hotel Football, right beside Old Trafford.
Hammers also invited Overy for talks after they saw him in a pre- season friendly last year while Everton also plan a move.
He was at Old Trafford for the Newcastle game a couple of weeks ago.

Bertie Wooster

Dortmund were awarded the tournament's Fair Play award for this. Their other keeper also won best GK of the tournament.
How exactly did it work (I'm not on Facebook and the link doesn't seem to work)?

Had we lost both our keepers injured or something to have to use theirs? We had the next rounds match a day or so later and presumably one of ours played then, so how come we ended up needing Dortmund's reserve for the shoot out that day?

Gungerz

How exactly did it work (I'm not on Facebook and the link doesn't seem to work)?

Had we lost both our keepers injured or something to have to use theirs? We had the next rounds match a day or so later and presumably one of ours played then, so how come we ended up needing Dortmund's reserve for the shoot out that day?
As far as I can tell we only took one keeper, so he must've picked up an injury.

In one of the later games we used an outfield player in goal so I'm wondering if we played with him during normal time & then Dortmund allowed us to use their keeper for the shootout to make it fairer, as a non-keeper wouldn't have much chance at saving pens.

Bertie Wooster

As far as I can tell we only took one keeper, so he must've picked up an injury.

In one of the later games we used an outfield player in goal so I'm wondering if we played with him during normal time & then Dortmund allowed us to use their keeper for the shootout to make it fairer, as a non-keeper wouldn't have much chance at saving pens.
Ah, thanks. That makes sense. Though only taking one keeper to a tournament of a number of games seems strange, whatever the age group.

How did we go on in the game where we had to have an outfield player in goal? I'd have thought an outfield player in goal would have struggled even more (with positioning, etc) during normal time than in a penalty shoot out?

Anyway, nice gesture from Dortmund and glad they won the award.

Gungerz

How did we go on in the game where we had to have an outfield player in goal?
We won 2-0 and the 'keeper' scored a penalty.

I don't know for 100% certain if we only took 1 keeper but I could only definitively recognize one from the squad photo and if we did take two, them both getting injured seems quite unlikely.

Bertie Wooster

We won 2-0 and the 'keeper' scored a penalty.

I don't know for 100% certain if we only took 1 keeper but I could only definitively recognize one from the squad photo and if we did take two, them both getting injured seems quite unlikely.

That the Dortmund keeper saved the match winning penalty for us, and our outfield player playing as a keeper in a later game went up to score a penalty all adds to the story. :lol:

The strange keeper goings on aside, it sounds like they had a good tournament and will be another handy part of their development. :)

Gungerz

U10s finished 9th out of 25 at the PL National Tournament played yesterday & today, only losing once.

2-2 vs Stoke
0-3 vs West Ham
5-3 vs Brighton
2-0 vs Newcastle
4-1 vs West Brom
5-2 vs Spurs
2-1 vs Reading
2-2 vs Blackburn
2-0 vs Man City
3-0 vs Southampton

Gungerz

Zyan Blake has signed his scholarship with Nottingham Forest so looks like he won't be joining us.

saik

Looking at his instagram, seems like a pacy guy playing on the wings who loves a bit of Nani's celebration. Portuguese?

KM

Looking at his instagram, seems like a pacy guy playing on the wings who loves a bit of Nani's celebration. Portuguese?
He's Robert Earnshaw's son.

KM

Perhaps we should have a different thread of underage transfers?