g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
From that video he doesn't remind me of anybody, which might not be a bad thing.

It's gone quiet on the Ndombele front, last I heard he was linked with Spurs
It was just the way he stumbled his way past those first few challenges, you obviously hasn't got the power.

Yeah it'd suck if that guy went to Spurs.

Utdstar01

I've never seen him play so hard to say but he'll have to be very good to get games ahead of the likes of Garner, Levitt, Galbraith, Traore ,Puigmal & a few others
Traore potentially promoted to the U23s?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Traore potentially promoted to the U23s?
He was injured a lot of last season, it'd be surprising for him to be moved up so soon. Although stranger things have happened.

NickyT

County Londonderry beat Manchester United 2-1 in the junior section of the SuperCupNI tonight, Jovani Molenge with the goal for United.
Molenge looks like a mini Lukaku, left footer, big physique for his age, got 41 or so goals last season apparently

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Was at the game - goalscorer for Co. Londonderry was Lee Harkin who had a trail with United last month - looked pretty useful. Charlie Savage is a spitting image of his dad.

Highlights here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44932889
Two great finishes from Harkin there, wouldn't be surprised if he flies back to Manchester with the squad after the tournament.

Beaucoup

With it being a young squad surprised at least one of Sam Murray, Rajdeep Palett and Harvey Rowe(3 of the Huddersfield Six)weren't in the squad, or are they currently injured, or not as good as expected.

Which is the best age group ?
They tried a big recruitment drive last year, but it clearly hasn't worked, 60% to 70% of this age group were released at the end of the season, looking at the squad list at least four of them are from the year below (they seemed to have picked the biggest U14's to pad out the numbers)

As to which is the best age group, it's a difficult one to answer, every age group has 3-4 players that the club indentify as exceptional and the rest are there just to make up the numbers.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
They tried a big recruitment drive last year, but it clearly hasn't worked, 60% to 70% of this age group were released at the end of the season, looking at the squad list at least four of them are from the year below (they seemed to have picked the biggest U14's to pad out the numbers)

As to which is the best age group, it's a difficult one to answer, every age group has 3-4 players that the club indentify as exceptional and the rest are there just to make up the numbers.
So do you not hold out much hope that the lads will recover from getting beat yesterday and get the points needed in what look tougher games(Rangers and Club NI) to get through to the later stages of the competition then ?

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
UNDER-23S: STOKE CITY 2 UNITED 2

United: Kovar (Fojtíček 57); Tanner (Warren 57), Poole (Dunne 57), Borthwick-Jackson, O’Connor ((Ercolani 57); McIntosh-Buffonge (Sang 57), Troare (Whelan 45), Willock, Dearnley (Baars 57); Burkart (Barlow 45), Wilson (Dearnley 74). Goals: Wilson 22, Burkart 45.

jb8521

With it being a young squad surprised at least one of Sam Murray, Rajdeep Palett and Harvey Rowe(3 of the Huddersfield Six)weren't in the squad, or are they currently injured, or not as good as expected.

Which is the best age group ?
As far as I know Palett & Rowe have been released

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Zidane Iqbal is a top class name.

khoazany

Only less than half of the squad are from the U15s group. Many 2003-born U16s and 4 U14s (Aljofree, Fredericson, Norlett, Mainoo).

Beaucoup

Only less than half of the squad are from the U15s group. Many 2003-born U16s and 4 U14s (Aljofree, Fredericson, Norlett, Mainoo).
Probably because there’s not many to choose from, they’ve clearly picked the biggest 14’s to make up the numbers.

khoazany

At least there are some good players now in the U15s group like Walters, Ibrahim, Molenge etc on top of Shoretire. Few years ago it was really bad (on rare occasion that I could watch them).

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We’ve been working on what formation we are going to play,” explained Sbragia. “We’ve been told what system we have to play, so we’ve been working around that. I think the great thing over in Austria was we could spend a little bit more time working around little situations, where we want them to be and their responsibilities - both on and off the field.
Interesting this.

So we are planning to play similar formations in all the three leagues?