Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Last page was more complimentary of City's academy than ours.

It's hilarious how Brighton beating City was a smash and grab yet no mention of the fact that City played a player who has already started for them and Brighton was missing their best player.

Beaucoup

Lots of Premier League clubs knocked out of the FA Youth Cup so far:

And Liverpool play Chelsea, we play Everton and Spurs if they win tomorrow will play Wolves so not many of the "big" clubs left.

Leicester, Brighton and Newcastle the only 3 other P.L Clubs going into the 5th round
I watched the Everton v Sheff Utd game, obviously going to be our biggest test, they have two very good wide players and that seems to be our weakest position. I expect Pye will get drafted in after a good showing against Blackpool.

khoazany

I thought Hugill was really highly rated? Keep hearing good things about Fish and Iqbal too...no guarantees or even likely these days but in with a shot no?

It's just strange. Granted this might be just an error in recollection but whenever I have managed to watch football at this level it seems we are dominated by City.

We've won games, but it seems we are consistently outplayed, outpassed and outshoy for years now. I suppose I just find It disappointing that we can't seem to control games against other elite sides at the level.

Again, might well be just my memory and lack of being able to watch as consistently as I once did. So maybe well off the mark.
Because it's bs. It's not a weak team. Of course it can be stronger.

And yes, we tend to be outplayed by City at this level. We got the results from times to times though

lysglimt

Scout
I watched the Everton v Sheff Utd game, obviously going to be our biggest test, they have two very good wide players and that seems to be our weakest position. I expect Pye will get drafted in after a good showing against Blackpool.
Considering we have played Reading and Scunthorpe - yeah it will be :) I see Mills and Okoronkko getting all their goals in the FA Youth Cup so far - those the ones you talked about ?

Bertie Wooster

The U23's are, for now, on MUTV tomorrow afternoon. Kick off 2pm away to Brighton.

Still plenty of time for things to change of course, the way things have gone this season. But, so far, the game seems to still be taking place, and it's still advertised on MUTV (not sure which other countries it's available for).

Beaucoup

Considering we have played Reading and Scunthorpe - yeah it will be :) I see Mills and Okoronkko getting all their goals in the FA Youth Cup so far - those the ones you talked about ?
Yes, two good players, Mills has been scoring for the 23's as well.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
United's U/16's defeated Everton 3-2 yesterday at Carrington...Missin, McAllister and Musa with United's goals.

I don't know the team but heard it was the usual group with a couple U/15's involved.

Mr. MUJAC

A few bits of news:

1. The twice postponed U/18 PL Cup match v West Brom is scheduled for this Thursday.
2. The U/23 game with West Ham which was to be played at Old Trafford on Friday 4th February will be rescheduled...nothing confirmed so far.
3. The FA Youth Cup 5th round tie v Everton will be played at Old Trafford on Wednesday 9th February.

Mickson

A few bits of news:

1. The twice postponed U/18 PL Cup match v West Brom is scheduled for this Thursday.
2. The U/23 game with West Ham which was to be played at Old Trafford on Friday 4th February will be rescheduled...nothing confirmed so far.
3. The FA Youth Cup 5th round tie v Everton will be played at Old Trafford on Wednesday 9th February.
5th February. 1 PM.

Elfideldo

Supports
Rangers
Not their full side surely ?
It was Rangers B Team, didn't get any details but I could have a good guess at the lineup. It would have been predominantly U19 (2003's) with a couple of U18's, the subs would have been in the main U18's. Supposedly arranged to give them a game against better opposition before they play Seville in the Champions Youth League. Rangers goal came from a Cole McKinnon penalty. Alex Lowry, Leon King and Charlie McCann were all in the first team squad last night so wouldn't have been playing.

Mr. MUJAC

United U/18 lost 0-2 at West Brom in the PL Cup

Team: Wooster, Lawrence, Murray, Fredricson, Aljofree, Mainoo, Curley, Gore (c), Norkett, Mather, Ennis

Subs: Garnacho (Ennis) '63, Hanbury, Forson (2) '60, Jackson (7) 'HT

Really windy conditions that led to a very disjointed performance with very little created in terms of chances.

Good to see Lawrence and Curley get their first taste of U/18 football, particularly as both players have had long term injuries recently. Omari Forson back too.

United still qualify for knock-out stages on goal average and face Chelsea in the quarter-finals.

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

United U/18 lost 0-2 at West Brom in the PL Cup

Team: Wooster, Lawrence, Murray, Fredricson, Aljofree, Mainoo, Curley, Gore (c), Norkett, Mather, Ennis

Subs: Garnacho (Ennis) '63, Hanbury, Forson (2) '60, Jackson (7) 'HT

Really windy conditions that led to a very disjointed performance with very little created in terms of chances.

Good to see Lawrence and Curley get their first taste of U/18 football, particularly as both players have had long term injuries recently. Omari Forson back too.

I believe United still qualify for knock-out stages on goal average.
Saw it on MUTV.

Poor game to watch. United were really disappointing, and created little. It had the feel of a friendly, really, as United were going through on goal difference barring a huge goal swing, which was never going to happen, and never seemed to get going.

It was my first viewing of Lawrence and Curley. I got a good sense of the kind of player Lawrence is and he looked OK in a poor team performance. I didn't really get to see Curley much on the ball in his 45 minutes. From what I could tell, he looked a reasonably tall, all round CM - more of a #8 than a DM or #10. Has anyone seen / heard much of him?

Mr. MUJAC

Saw it on MUTV.

Poor game to watch. United were really disappointing, and created little. It had the feel of a friendly, really, as United were going through on goal difference barring a huge goal swing, which was never going to happen, and never seemed to get going.

It was my first viewing of Lawrence and Curley. I got a good sense of the kind of player Lawrence is and he looked OK in a poor team performance. I didn't really get to see Curley much on the ball in his 45 minutes. From what I could tell, he looked a reasonably tall, all round CM - more of a #8 than a DM or #10. Has anyone seen / heard much of him?
He missed a lot of last season due to injury and so, due to COVID and the inability to get to Academy games to watch him, I only have cameos to go on. Very difficult to give any form of judgement.

Mickson

The worst performance from United since the beginning of the season when they lost to everyone. Didn't create a single chance against a poor WBA team. Still through but weird to not give it all when they seem to play games like once a month.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thought it was worth mentioning, Gore was very lucky to only get a yellow today. It was a miracle he didn't break the West Brom player's leg today, it was almost a knee-high scissor challenge.

Bertie Wooster

Thought it was worth mentioning, Gore was very lucky to only get a yellow today. It was a miracle he didn't break the West Brom player's leg today, it was almost a knee-high scissor challenge.
Yeah, I think that should have been a red.

On a less dangerous note, the West Brom keeper should have also seen an early red for deliberate handball outside the box preventing a goalscoring opportunity.

Both reds for me, though obviously one was a lot more dangerous.

Last edited:

AndOr Hererra

Does anyone know if we still plan on getting that Russian boy Pinyaev? Just saw a highlight clip of him and he looks class

Drainy

Does anyone know if we still plan on getting that Russian boy Pinyaev? Just saw a highlight clip of him and he looks class
No idea but its always a dangerous game tracking that type of target as a fan.

More often it falls through than doesn't.

I remember constantly looking out for information on Bruno Gomes and look how that worked out :lol:

Mr. MUJAC

The U/16's played in a Triangular Tournament over the weekend drawing 1-1 against both Charlton Athletic and Aston Villa at Carrington.

Ethan Williams scored in the first game and Adam Berry in the second.

The U/15's beat Blackburn 4-0 with goals from Ibragimov (2), Kaba and Oriola.

I have no other details.

Last edited:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The U/16's played in a Triangular Tournament over the weekend drawing 1-1 against both Charlton Athletic and Aston Villa at Carrington.

Ethan Williams scored in the first game and Adam Berry in the second.

The U/15's beat Blackburn 4-0 with goals from Ibragimov, Kaba and Oriola.

I have no other details.

Mr. MUJAC

United defeated Bradford City 2-0 in an U/18 friendly match at Altrincham last night.

Unless there was a load of triallists...I have no idea why United don't advertise this so we can go along and watch.

Mickson

United defeated Bradford City 2-0 in an U/18 friendly match at Altrincham last night.

Unless there was a load of triallists...I have no idea why United don't advertise this so we can go along and watch.
They clearly just don't care about the fans.

Beaucoup

Prep for next week's Youth Cup

Bertie Wooster

As it stands, the U23 game at home to West Ham is live on MUTV at 1pm on Saturday. :yawn:

Obviously a lot can happen between then and now, and I've no idea if it's available in countries outside the UK.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's a 16 years old CB, and stands at 6'4.

Alan Nixon is the source, so it looks like it's a battle between United and Chelsea.