Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

khoazany

At that age you are either already making it with the first team or already being moved on. We have Greenwood, Gomes, Garner, Laird, Mengi, Williams around that age who were regularly involved in England youth team in the lower age groups. We all know how the stories go with each cases. Nothing strange about only having 2 academy graduates that made that squad.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
A United XI face Altrincham today at 14:00 BST. It’ll probably be a mix of U21s and U18s.

KevinJoh

What is the idea of giving NMai more than one trial when he is not even League Two player at the age of 19?

IrishMcD

So many lacking anywhere near the talent needed to be a promising youth product at a major club when you see those names starting today. Whoever buys the club, I really hope the invest massively in the youth teams, in the youth coaching and in the scouting of youth players. It all needs major improvements.

AndyMUFC

Yeah was pretty poor today against Alty, very much outclassed by a National League side and that's never gonna be good enough for United, particularly for some of the older ones. Mastny did alright in goal and Hansen-Aoren showed some decent touches at times but that's about it.

jonesdafydd

I think the U21s could be in massive trouble this season. Travis Binnion is the right man to oversee them but there are so many issues. A load of players who have been in U21s football for years and haven't improved, players leaving on loan, no recognised goal scorer, lack of pace in forward positions. Apart from Lacey there isn't, for me, a standout talent from the U18 crop who will eventually get promoted during the season to make a big difference. Whilst I get that Brexit has complicated things, I definitely feel the club should be doing more to get the best in class in the country every season. We seem to cling on to players, especially at u21 level, when it's clear they aren't good enough at U21 level let alone being a potential first teamer. Player welfare is so important but I look at City and they replenish their academy sides constantly and anyone they let go of, they make sure they get a transfer to another PL academy/respectable club. I don't see the issue in us adopting such a method.

Beaucoup

So many lacking anywhere near the talent needed to be a promising youth product at a major club when you see those names starting today. Whoever buys the club, I really hope the invest massively in the youth teams, in the youth coaching and in the scouting of youth players. It all needs major improvements.
it‘s only going to get worse when we hand out deals to bang average players

jonesdafydd

Is anyone else not really surprised there's no links to any youth strikers? At U21s and U18s level I don't think we have a striker that's going to score 15+ goals in a season.

Mickson

So Will Fish is the only youngster (or United player for that matter) to go on loan so far. Weird when the leagues start this weekend.

ThanksBoss26

So Will Fish is the only youngster (or United player for that matter) to go on loan so far. Weird when the leagues start this weekend.
I think last season there was a couple very late, maybe even the day before. Hannibal and maybe Laird from memory. So expect one or two this week plus Bishop to Sunderland permanently assuming those reports were true last week.

khoazany

Is anyone else not really surprised there's no links to any youth strikers? At U21s and U18s level I don't think we have a striker that's going to score 15+ goals in a season.
Musa will. On the U21s I expect us to hold back one of the McNeil/Hugill and also play Mejia up top.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
For all Woodward’s PR about restructuring the academy while he was here we seem to be a bit of a mess at the minute.

jonesdafydd

Musa will. On the U21s I expect us to hold back one of the McNeil/Hugill and also play Mejia up top.
I think for that to happen we will have to create a shed load of chances for him. His finishing can be a bit hit and miss. Expected I guess given his age but then again, the top top young strikers don't usually suffer from this

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
For all Woodward’s PR about restructuring the academy while he was here we seem to be a bit of a mess at the minute.
Eh? We really aren't.
Won the youth FA Cup in 2021-22. It's not a bad team, the complaints are disproportionate to the actual talent. There's some excellent coming from those who've signed the professional deal. Out of three players we've signed this summer, two of them are regular in England U16s.

KM

I think the U21s could be in massive trouble this season. Travis Binnion is the right man to oversee them but there are so many issues. A load of players who have been in U21s football for years and haven't improved, players leaving on loan, no recognised goal scorer, lack of pace in forward positions. Apart from Lacey there isn't, for me, a standout talent from the U18 crop who will eventually get promoted during the season to make a big difference. Whilst I get that Brexit has complicated things, I definitely feel the club should be doing more to get the best in class in the country every season. We seem to cling on to players, especially at u21 level, when it's clear they aren't good enough at U21 level let alone being a potential first teamer. Player welfare is so important but I look at City and they replenish their academy sides constantly and anyone they let go of, they make sure they get a transfer to another PL academy/respectable club. I don't see the issue in us adopting such a method.
Weird to have this complain this season, when we have sold the likes of Bishop, Laird, Iqbal, Savage and Hardley so far.

Ace of Spades

I am guessing that is Amir Ibragimov's brother. How many brothers are there in total, 2,3 or 4 ?

Gungerz

Josep’s older brother Jaume (U14) is also at the club. He too used to be at City before moving to us.

They have an interesting background as they’re originally from Spain but lived in Abu Dhabi for a few years and I think they were spotted by City through one of their academies they have out there.

KM

It really is Brothers FC in the academy now.

That's Shoretire, Fletcher, Camacho and Ibragimov as far as I know.

Archer

It really is Brothers FC in the academy now.

That's Shoretire, Fletcher, Camacho and Ibragimov as far as I know.
Charlie Savage‘s little brother Freddie, Andreas‘ little brother, Jonny's brother Corry and Angel's older brother Rico, and of cause,McAtee‘s brother, were all with United academy before.

top1whoisman

Scout
PREMIER LEAGUE 2 FIXTURES

AUGUST

14: Crystal Palace (A) 13:00

SEPTEMBER

23: Arsenal (H) 19:00
30: Blackburn Rovers (A) 12:00

OCTOBER

27: Fulham (A) 19:00

NOVEMBER

4: Everton (H) 12:00

DECEMBER

2: Tottenham (A) 13:00
4: Sunderland (A) 19:00

JANUARY

12: Chelsea (A) 19:00
27: Norwich (H) 19:00

FEBRUARY

9: Southampton (A) 19:00
17: Manchester City (H) 19:00

MARCH

3: Derby County (H) 12:00
8: Middlesbrough (A) 19:00
18: West Brom (A) 19:00

APRIL

7: Brighton (H) 12:00
14: Liverpool (H) 12:00
26: Nottingham Forest (A) 19:00

PS18

Eh? We really aren't.
Won the youth FA Cup in 2021-22. It's not a bad team, the complaints are disproportionate to the actual talent. There's some excellent coming from those who've signed the professional deal. Out of three players we've signed this summer, two of them are regular in England U16s.
Agreed. Weird doom and gloom narrative developing on here (although somewhat predictable). A year removed from a FAYC win, we've just had a couple of youth players do very well in first team pre-season (on the back of Garnacho breaking through last season), certainly still plenty of improvements that can be made but feels like there are a lot of complaints largely based off some pre-season results.

RedPhil1957

Agreed. Weird doom and gloom narrative developing on here (although somewhat predictable). A year removed from a FAYC win, we've just had a couple of youth players do very well in first team pre-season (on the back of Garnacho breaking through last season), certainly still plenty of improvements that can be made but feels like there are a lot of complaints largely based off some pre-season results.

led by some with agenda

Varun1

Charlie Savage‘s little brother Freddie, Andreas‘ little brother, Jonny's brother Corry and Angel's older brother Rico, and of cause,McAtee‘s brother, were all with United academy before.
You mean Andreas Pereira's brother?
Will and Michael Keane, Nevilles, Reece & Wes Brown, Sam Johnstone & his brother...

Last edited:

KM

It's gotten very frustrating to discuss here. The discourse has been so negative that it's unbelievable.

top1whoisman

Scout
U18 PREMIER LEAGUE NORTH FIXTURES

AUGUST

12: Middlesbrough (A) 12:30
26: Stoke City (A) 11:00

SEPTEMBER

16: Nottingham Forest (H) 12:30
23: Sunderland (A) 12:30
30: Newcastle United (H) 12:30

OCTOBER