Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Shame that Oriola is leaving. Thought he was highly rated.

Beaucoup

Shame that Oriola is leaving. Thought he was highly rated.
Not rated by most of the coaches and probably wouldn't have played much this season like most of this years scholars, so probably the right decision on his part.

Beaucoup

Gainsborough v Utd XI on 15th July, likely to be our U18s, tickets on general sale

KM

Not rated by most of the coaches and probably wouldn't have played much this season like most of this years scholars, so probably the right decision on his part.
Thanks!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Manchester United and its long-standing partner, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, have announced they are to host the third Jockey Club Youth Football Academy Summit in Hong Kong, which includes a visit from Manchester United Academy Men's Under-16 players and coaches.

As part of the Summit, the Academy’s U16 players will have a unique opportunity to visit Hong Kong to participate in a week-long training camp, including playing two friendly matches against the Hong Kong, China U18 Representative Team and the Hong Kong, China Youth Select Team on 9 and 12 August at the Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime Kok Stadium.

Club legends Diego Forlan and Nemanja Vidic will be attending the Summit, showing their support for the youth players and greeting our passionate fans in Hong Kong at the games. The Carabao Cup trophy will also be on display for the first time in Hong Kong at the stadium.

Nick Cox, Manchester United's Director of Academy, said: "This will be the third time the Manchester United Academy has visited Hong Kong, having attended previous Academy Summits in 2017 and 2018. The young players participating in this year’s event have a unique opportunity to not only play overseas against opponents they have never faced before, but also learn about different cultures and lifestyles.

"It'll be an experience that will stay with them for a lifetime, no matter where their path leads. Thank you to The Hong Kong Jockey Club for creating this experience and inviting the Manchester United Academy to be a part of it."

The Hong Kong Jockey Club’s Executive Director, Membership, Brand, Marketing and Experience Anthony Ingham said at the Academy Summit announcement event: "The Hong Kong Jockey Club has been actively promoting youth development through football for years. We are excited to host the Academy Summit again. It provides a platform for elite youth players from different backgrounds to learn from each other, deepen their appreciation of each other's cultures, and nurture respect for diversity, which is essential to their all-round development."

Manchester United and The Hong Kong Jockey Club have been partners for over 10 years, working together to deliver programmes designed to develop the physical, mental and social capabilities of young people in Hong Kong through the power of sports. Previous attendees of the Jockey Club Youth Football Academy Summit have included Anthony Elanga, Shola Shoretire, Will Fish and Charlie Savage, among others.

Both friendly matches of The Jockey Club Youth Football Academy Summit are free to attend. Fans may register for match tickets on the event website at hkjc.com/WithYou starting from 10:00 local time on 12 July 2023 (Wednesday). Please note: spaces at the Summit and tickets are limited and will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.

The Jockey Club Youth Football Academy Summit Highlights:

4-13 August

Manchester United Museum Exhibition
Tai Kwun
Supported by the Manchester United Museum and Tour, Old Trafford, artefacts from the club’s storied history will be on display, alongside a multi-media art display with giant installations inspired by cuju, a traditional Chinese ball game, by artist Victor Wong.

9 August
Hong Kong, China U18 Representative Team v Manchester United Academy U16 Team
19:45 local time
Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime Kok Stadium

12 August
Hong Kong, China Youth Select Team v Manchester United Academy U16 Team
16:45 local time
Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime Kok Stadium

Gungerz

Great that they're bringing this back, should be an amazing experience for them. The protests over there + COVID meant we couldn't go for a while.

I recall the games being livestreamed too, so hopefully that'll be the case again.

PS18

That's annoying, from the (admittedly very little and over a year ago now) times I've seen him he looked very impressive. Arsenal, United and City under your belt my the age of 16 is some going.

Even more intrigued who the 12 were at the signing day now then, given he seemingly wasn't one of them.

KM

That's annoying, from the (admittedly very little and over a year ago now) times I've seen him he looked very impressive. Arsenal, United and City under your belt my the age of 16 is some going.

Even more intrigued who the 12 were at the signing day now then, given he seemingly wasn't one of them.
Surely means we've signed someone and have kept it under wraps which is impressive - ish.

PS18

Possibly, although I'm wondering whether the Amass move went through in time for him to be one of them (we've all assumed not but wouldn't be that surprising given how long it's supposedly been in the works)

Ace of Spades

Looks like this will be the new norm going forward. A lot of players moving around clubs because we can't get any from other european clubs because of Brexit.

KM

Rumors linking Jurado back to Barcelona.

lysglimt

Scout
He is a good solid defender - but nothing special. He is at least 1 level below Alvaro F

Ace of Spades

He is technically good, but lacks a little pace and is still not as physically strong.

Not sure going back to Barca is a good move though.

top1whoisman

Scout
A "Manchester United XI" will face Gainsborough Trinity (Northern Premier League's Premier Division, 7th tier) tomorrow at The Northolme in Lincolnshire. The United side will likely be more or less next year's U18s with perhaps some additions from the U21s.

Kickoff 15:00 BST. Tickets from here if anyone's interested.

top1whoisman

Scout
United first half XI against Gainsborough:

Harrison

Kamason
Mengi (C)
Jackson
Mantato

Baumann
McAllister

Lacey
Berry
Scanlon

Wheatley

Second half:

Wooster

Ogunneye
Huddlestone
Munro
Williams

Devaney
Fitzgerald
Moorhouse

Biancheri
Musa
Missin

top1whoisman

Scout
A good test for the young players to play against grown men. Just look at the size difference between Lacey or Baumann and some of their players.

top1whoisman

Scout
FT 1-1

From what I heard it was a pretty even first half, but we were well on top in the second half. Had good chances to win it late on, but a couple of goal line clearances from them kept it level.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Anyone got a clip of Lacey’s goal?

Gungerz

By the way, Oriola has started following a number of Brighton players so looks like that could be a possible new destination.
Oriola to Brighton all but confirmed, here he is playing with their U18s today.

KevinJoh

Mengi back and playing with basically U18 is good news I guess. Lets hope he will get back to be fully fit soon, not sure what is the plan with his injury record and contract expiring.

Borninthe80ts

Appreciate the updates guys. Glad some of the injured from last season got some minutes. Probably a pipe dream but hopefully we get some youth pre season games on mutv.

Looking forward to seeing the new additions in action soon too.

PS18

Photos from yesterday - https://www.flickr.com/photos/189640130@N08/sets/72177720309800586/with/53048448597/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189640130@N08/53048448597/in/album-72177720309800586/ - Looks like Sekou Kaba's in this one (facing camera between 15 and 19, unless I'm mistaken) so looks like the teamsheet was wrong or incomplete.

Looks like the numbers for the second half XI were:

12. Ogunneye
13. Wooster
14. Fitzgerald
15. Munro
16. Huddlestone
17. Missin
18. Devaney
19. Biancheri
20. Moorhouse
21. Williams
22. Musa

23. Kaba (seen from someone else's photos) - on at some point second half

Last edited:

PS18

Also, new squad numbers from both the photos from that game and the training photos today:

Aljofree 69
Murray 72
Nolan 76
Baumann 96
Kaba 97

top1whoisman

Scout
The initial intake includes 11 players, with many of the group already experiencing Under-18s football last season, with the promotion of youngsters above their age group helping to further their development.

The players listed below will experience a range of coaching, playing and educational opportunities as they continue to work towards becoming established professional footballers.

We would like to wish them all the very best for their future careers.

The Academy will confirm a full Professional Development Phase squad list before the start of the season.

FIRST-YEAR SCHOLARS
Zach Baumann (Midfielder)
Gabriele Biancheri (Forward)
Jacob Devaney (Defender)
Jayce Fitzgerald (Midfielder)
Sekou Kaba (Forward)
Jayden Kamason (Defender)
Shea Lacey (Midfielder)
Reece Munro (Defender)
Will Murdock (Goalkeeper)
Victor Musa (Forward)
James Scanlon (Midfielder)