Television Misfits

mufcwarm92

Just seen the last episode after blasting through them in the last few days.

I am truly lost but I'm glad they opened up a range of possibilities for another series. Didn't really like the final episode as much as the others, the whole weird clothes manipulation thing was all a bit silly for my liking. Reading through the previous posts, I agree that the BMXer type will play a role in the next series, and Nathan will be dug up, probably right at the beginning of the next series, with the chav girl mourning him.

All in all though, an original, ambitious but pretty decent show.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I don't even remember that to be fair...I've been ranting in the CE and newbies lately anyway, probably making a lot of enemies. feck it!

I meant to watch this the first time round when they were showing the trailers but totally forgot about it and was then reminded by the trailers for the ch4 show, so I downloaded the whole lot.

That scene, and a bunch of others, had me and the missus chuckling.

Whoever did their initial marketing should be panned for making a good show look like it would be utter shit. I know it put a lot of people off by trying to look "hip" and "cool" instead of just being confident in what it was, which is a cracking show that stands up in its own right without the need to be a pseudo Skins or whatever else.

Is the second series going to be 6 episodes again?

by the way, how on earth is that girl with the power to arouse anyone into a state of frenzy supposed to get by, unless she manages to control those who touch her into a lesser-state of excitement where they are ready to do her bidding instead of raping her?

Also,

The **** leader girl was well fit in that final episode. :drool:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Id forgotten about this show...I got into a frenzied state of raving about it constantly and forcing all my mates to watch it for a good few weeks an then it dropped off the radar and I forgot all about it...

Good show....Robert Sheenan is destined for good things

DouLou

Been caught pooping
This show definitely smashed any of the negative preconceptions I had about it... the trailer didn't do it justice at all... it was actually a lot more polished and well written than you would expect. Had that cultural hook you would expect from a british show.. just so easy to relate the humour/characters.

ben_united

Id forgotten about this show...I got into a frenzied state of raving about it constantly and forcing all my mates to watch it for a good few weeks an then it dropped off the radar and I forgot all about it...

Good show....Robert Sheenan is destined for good things
Is that the 'Nathan' character?

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I caught up with the first episode which I'd recorded, and then watched the second on You Tube - and the first was good, but the second was brilliant. Some really funny moments. I'll watch it all on YT now because I don't want to wait.

Livvie

Scout
It's all on 4OD Livvie if you have that..
Not part of our package unfortunately.

We pay nearly £70 a month as it is, so won't upgrade.

marrakoosh

4oD is free for anyone in the UK I know that at least.

Also, can't wait for Season 2. I watched it on E4 round October time when it was first on - must be showing on C4 to whip the public into frenzy over the second series.

The ending of the first series is epic.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
4OD is getting on my tits, the 18+ over thing restriction thing keeps popping up but it won't allow me to scroll down to click confirm I'm over 18.. page keeps freezing.

Oh well watching the first episode of series 1 on youtube right now, so far so good and the mixed race gal is pretty decent eye candy.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Episode 2... Granny feck me lmao, this is quality shizzle.

Count Duckula

Just watched the last episode having banged through them all in the past three days (since this thread was bumped!). Loved it :D

Thought Simon was the best character, but maybe just because I empathise with him the most.

mufcwarm92

Just watched the last episode having banged through them all in the past three days (since this thread was bumped!). Loved it :D

Thought Simon was the best character, but maybe just because I empathise with him the most.
I agree that Simon is a good character, in fact I think the majority of the primary cast are quality characters and that's part of the reason the show worked so well. I think it was the fourth episode where they flash back to how the characters got their community service and I think that was good too.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Watched all of series one now, damn.. fantastic show. The humour comes thick and fast, plenty of action and the sense of danger is compelling... you feel like anyone can die at any moment.

Obviously this sense of danger will diminish by the time future series' are commissioned but as a standalone series, greate creation of suspense.

Simon and Nathan are my favourite characters, the former I just feel sorry for him but Nathan is hilarious, laugh out loud funny .. delivers plenty of killer scenes throughout the series.

Eye candy wise, this show is top notch.. every woman to have appeared on this show has an arse worthy of being posted on the epic ass thread and yeah if the stories and comedy isn't to your liking... watch it for this element alone (Sally was my favourite).

Bring on series 2!

And who the fecks the BMX dude?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Post pics holmes
:D...no chance. I aint the typa bre to sort mans out with my mates yats pics on the net bredda. Char blud, that's just wrong ya get me?

I used to go out with a girl that looked quite a lot like her though (Alisha that is)...problem was she sounded like the chav girl (it was when I lived in Leeds) That turned out to be an insurmountable stumbling block to our relationship unfortunately.....that and she was a slag

Good times though

I have yet to encounter anyone I've introduced to this programme that hasn't liked it...I even met an American girl last weekend that named it first when I asked her what her favorite thing she'd seen on british tele was...Top notch TV

Oh and, Season 2 is filming now
Misfits - Misfits series 2 pics - Misfits blog - E4.com - misfits, misfitsnews, news

And Nathan in real life is basically....Nathan

twitter thread suggester
Just watched this. Pretty good. Only 6 episodes per season is quite a rubbish thing with English TV shows.

I was sure Simon was played by Marc Warren, even though he moved to America. The resemblance is uncanny.

Livvie

Scout
Watched them all now. Episode 2 was far and away the best. Can't wait for the second series.

How will Nathan get out of the coffin, and how will Simon hide the body of the probation worker?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Watched them all now. Episode 2 was far and away the best. Can't wait for the second series.

How will Nathan get out of the coffin, and how will Simon hide the body of the probation worker?
I'm presuming that Kelly (chav) will pay her respects and she'll be able to hear his thoughts or something along those lines.

Can't help with the second question.

Livvie

Scout
I'm presuming that Kelly (chav) will pay her respects and she'll be able to hear his thoughts or something along those lines.
Sounds feasible.
Loved the way he said "Unbelievable" and just turned on his Ipod.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Sounds feasible.
Loved the way he said "Unbelievable" and just turned on his Ipod.
;)He's quality and as Mockney said, just the same in real life. Following vid is a good watch but may contain some spolier information for possible newcomers.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Cracking show. I've never minded the whole 'British brevity' thing, I think it helps them to keep their shows nice and tidy, sometimes you can get a bit fatigued with the story arcs on American shows, and you rarely get the type of pointless filler that shows up on American shows sometimes.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
:D...no chance. I aint the typa bre to sort mans out with my mates yats pics on the net bredda. Char blud, that's just wrong ya get me?

I used to go out with a girl that looked quite a lot like her though (Alisha that is)...problem was she sounded like the chav girl (it was when I lived in Leeds) That turned out to be an insurmountable stumbling block to our relationship unfortunately.....that and she was a slag

Good times though

I have yet to encounter anyone I've introduced to this programme that hasn't liked it...I even met an American girl last weekend that named it first when I asked her what her favorite thing she'd seen on british tele was...Top notch TV

Oh and, Season 2 is filming now
Misfits - Misfits series 2 pics - Misfits blog - E4.com - misfits, misfitsnews, news

And Nathan in real life is basically....Nathan

I haven't a clue what you're talking about old chap!
At least post pics of your ex!

Fergies Formula

original, funny, fast paced and british... I could go on. I watched it when it was first screened and loved it then, since then on a weekly basis been checking out when the new season would be out, desperate to see it. Again 6 episodes is not enough, i suppose it means you dont get bored and it will leave you wanting more. Robert Sheenan makes the show.

Livvie

Scout
I bought it in Sainsburys today - £7.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Anyone else think Nathan looks just like our Twins Raf and Fab?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Yep trailers have been shown on C4.. I think my prediction of hearing voices from the coffin by Kelly will come true.