Television Misfits

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Trailer for S2 is out, incase anyone missed it. Doesn't give away anything but it's still great.

EDIT: Why won't these fecking videos embed for me. here:
YouTube - Misfits series 2 trailer
Where did you get the url from?

Between the YT tags, you had:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_LojU_rhIM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_LojU_rhIM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></objec

The link you gave is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_LojU_rhIM]YouTube - Misfits series 2 trailer

You just put the bit following the = in the tag... the n_LojU_rhIM

Here endeth the first lesson. :)

Cina

Yep trailers have been shown on C4.. I think my prediction of hearing voices from the coffin by Kelly will come true.
Your prediction? I'm pretty sure that's been everyones prediction :)

(Thanks Livvie)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Your prediction? I'm pretty sure that's been everyones prediction :)

(Thanks Livvie)
I was just referring to the discussion I was having with Livvie earliar in the thread:D, anyway what does everyone reckon of the new episode thus far?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I think Alesia ..

That's it, I'm just thinking Alesia. And I probably will be for the next few hours.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I'd be more than content to recieve a blowie from a chick who was transformed into her 'being'

Mockney

I thought it was pretty good in the end. It was a bit too easy and quick how they got Nathan back, but I guess it had to be done and once it was back in the swing it was pretty good and the writing was just as snappy.

Next week looks joke.

Did Curtis look like he was in a Superhero costume?

Cina

Good opener. Agreed that Nathan getting out was a bit anti-climatic, but everyone knew how it'd happen anyway so the writers probably just wanted to get it done. Had me in stitches with his "It was me, I saved him" line at the end.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Really enjoyed that opener. They had to get Nathan back quick, he pretty much steals every scene he is in, 'I appeared to have shat myself' :lol:

Even his little thing for chav girl is actually quite believable. That's probably my favourite thing about the show, the interactions between the cast... they must have a great time filming this. The ending with the girl was a nice change from 'bad guy gets killed' as well.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Thought it was very action packed as per usual and the atmosphere of confusion brought about by the mixed identities was done very well. Looking forward to them keeping this level up for the rest of the series.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just realised this was a watchable programme. Have to catch series 1 on 4od now while watching series 2. :rolleyes:

It is quality though!

Someone asked about the rubbish powers the 'sex' girl had (i.e. touching anyone makes them horny for her). Having seen the very first episode here are the character breakdowns:

1. Invisible man - lonely, vilified, scared, wants to hide
2. Horny girl - man-eater, wants every man to want her
3. Mind reader - insecure, unsure of what others think of her
4. Time guy - wants to relive his life before his stupid cocaine incident
5. Immortal dude - never wants to grow up, immature and loves it

6. Very 1st Lunatic probation officer - always on edge, hated his 'prisoners'

Seems like the super-power giving cloud has only focused on individual anxieties and brought them out in unimaginable ways.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Terrific ep this one. Iwan Rheon and Robert Sheehan are great.

Cina

Terrific ep this one. Iwan Rheon and Robert Sheehan are great.
Indeed, Robert just steals the show every time. It was a super episode, although...

They're dragging out the stuff with the masked guy a little bit, I hope they don't wait until the last episode to reveal him.

That new bird is hot. I liked Curtis little insight into the future where he's in the superhero outfit, gives an impression of where the story is going.

So pills reverse the powers, I assume that'll be brought back at a later date.

And Nathan "I'm gonna shit the bed, like in the Godfather"

Livvie

Scout
Indeed, Robert just steals the show every time. It was a super episode, although...

They're dragging out the stuff with the masked guy a little bit, I hope they don't wait until the last episode to reveal him.

That new bird is hot. I liked Curtis little insight into the future where he's in the superhero outfit, gives an impression of where the story is going.

So pills reverse the powers, I assume that'll be brought back at a later date.

And Nathan "I'm gonna shit the bed, like in the Godfather"
How would the reversal affect Nathan's power though? :nervous:

Cina

How would the reversal affect Nathan's power though? :nervous:
Yeah I didn't really get that, surely he'd just ... die wouldn't he? Maybe he can only actually see dead folks when he has a reversal or something, because surely he would've seen something before now. It's a bit of a strange one. The show likes to keep people guessing though I guess, I mean, I still think Aleesha will end up harnessing her power or whatever, and it'll turn into something that's actually good and doesn't involve guys trying to just rape her, I just don't really know how yet!

Mockney

Yeah I thought that was a great episode too. Anything Sheenan centric is bound to be watchable but..

Curtis' flashforward was quality and as cina says, gives the story some actual purpose...Though with that kind of thing, it's always downhill from the reveal

Glad it's continuing on in the same vien though.

Mockney

;)He's quality and as Mockney said, just the same in real life. Following vid is a good watch but may contain some spolier information for possible newcomers.

That's who she is!!!....

For anyone who watched This is England/This is England 86', Kelly is Harvey's sister...Looks Exactly like him too.....Exactly

Ekeke

I liked most of the episode, however

I'm never a fan of things like characters appearing and then dying in the same episode. Would it have been that hard to have the brother appear one or two episodes previous? Or to meet the girl a few episodes before to set it up?

Basically this week we met 2 new characters and they both died, most likely never to be seen again. Other than that, really good.

Cina

I liked most of the episode, however

I'm never a fan of things like characters appearing and then dying in the same episode. Would it have been that hard to have the brother appear one or two episodes previous? Or to meet the girl a few episodes before to set it up?

Basically this week we met 2 new characters and they both died, most likely never to be seen again. Other than that, really good.
Yeah that can be a bit frustrating, but I think it's the fact that the series only has 6 episodes, so they're constantly introducing new characters and plotlines and it's probably a bit too difficult to keep previous characters in the show as well.

Ekeke

Yeah that can be a bit frustrating, but I think it's the fact that the series only has 6 episodes, so they're constantly introducing new characters and plotlines and it's probably a bit too difficult to keep previous characters in the show as well.
Thats a good point and one I should take into account.

Sam

I think Mockers has a slight man crush on Robert Sheenan :angel:

Then again...who doesn't.

twitter thread suggester
The opposite of immortal is mortal.

Hope this helps.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think Mockers has a slight man crush on Robert Sheenan :angel:

Then again...who doesn't.
Who doesn't indeed.

That's who she is!!!....

For anyone who watched This is England/This is England 86', Kelly is Harvey's sister...Looks Exactly like him too.....Exactly

Same person, just has to be.. give or take a wig!

Mockney

Here's a better one Raees....

:lol: It fecking is the same person!!

I'm really glad this is back on now. First ep was good but I wasn't feeling properly back into it. This one was a cracker and I feel like I did mid way through the 1st series...Well up for the rest of them now. Gonna have to start telling people to watch this again.

also....

The flashes in Curtis' eyes as he went back to normal time would be a good thing to check again...it seemed to lay out the story of the series.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Here's a better one Raees....

:lol: It fecking is the same person!!
:lol::lol: I can't ever look at her/him in the same way again.

Its clear from the vibe of the first two episodes that this series still has more to give.. being totally honest, you could just tell from say 'The Inbetweeners' for example, in their initial episodes of the third series - that something was missing and it was unlikely to be refound.

twitter thread suggester
The flashes in Curtis' eyes as he went back to normal time would be a good thing to check again...it seemed to lay out the story of the series.
I was like, yo Curtis's eye, spoiler much? You know.

Livvie

Scout
Well it just made him mortal again, didn't it? That's why Super Hoodie tackled him out of the way.
The only way he'd know he wasn't immortal though, was if he dies. And there's a flaw in that. :)

I presume he's worked it out. I haven't seen this week's ep. yet.

Mockney

Dayum....Well it's going somewhere. I remain worried that it suddenly aiming so high (well, more ambitious story wise than I expected it to) is setting itself up for a fall, but I'd rather it do that than stagnate and re-tread the same tings like Raees noted about the Inbetweeners.

Nice to see Aleisha getting some more shit to do to. I felt she didn't really do anything particularly in the first season apart from look fit and give me wank bank material...Plus she's got a shit, rather useless power. ...(though when I actually think about it, that's all she's doing so far this too...just with slightly more 'acting' required)

The nut thing was fecking stupid though!...oh and SIDE BOOB!!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Dayum....Well it's going somewhere. I remain worried that it suddenly aiming so high (well, more ambitious story wise than I expected it to) is setting itself up for a fall, but I'd rather it do that than stagnate and re-tread the same tings like Raees noted about the Inbetweeners.

Nice to see Aleisha getting some more shit to do to. I felt she didn't really do anything particularly in the first season apart from look fit and give me wank bank material...Plus she's got a shit, rather useless power. ...(though when I actually think about it, that's all she's doing so far this too...just with slightly more 'acting' required)

The nut thing was fecking stupid though!...oh and SIDE BOOB!!
Definitely Aleisha's role has already gone up a notch after that episode though I agree.. it was more on a human level rather than in any connection to her superpower which is still pretty much useless. Wish there was a way they could change it.

As for the nut, agreed.. it was kinda lame a duex ex machina if you like, I wish more thought had gone into a proper complex way of getting round that guys power.. bit of a cop out in my opinion. Regardless the thing that surprised me was the chemistry between simon from the future and Aleisha, felt pretty real.. more so than her at times bland romance with Curtis

Mockney

Yeah I agree ...

...Her relationship with Curtis did seem a bit meh..In fact even Curtis himself has seemed a bit redundant a lot of the time unless he gets to use his power. His episode in the 1st series was epic, but it's really the only one where he's gotten to do anything other than stand in the background looking annoyed and re-winding time when it's convenient...So it's good he's getting a strand of his own this season too (it seems)

So character-wise it's all coming along nicely, and I do admire the way they've suddenly gone balls out gun ho quite quickly. They didn't drag out the man in the mask thing, it's Simon, from the future, Curtis and him end up as super heroes, him and Aleisha get together, this is definitely happening etc etc. It was quite an exposition. Maybe I'm just such a cynic and watching things like Lost and Heroes has conditioned me to think that the more "out there" they go with it, the harder it'll be to maintain it's quality, but I'm a little cautious about it "jumping the shark" now, though I'm certainly still very much enjoying it...The man crush on Sheenan obviously helps

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Yeah I agree ...

...Her relationship with Curtis did seem a bit meh..In fact even Curtis himself has seemed a bit redundant a lot of the time unless he gets to use his power. His episode in the 1st series was epic, but it's really the only one where he's gotten to do anything other than stand in the background looking annoyed and re-winding time when it's convenient...So it's good he's getting a strand of his own this season too (it seems)

So character-wise it's all coming along nicely, and I do admire the way they've suddenly gone balls out gun ho quite quickly. They didn't drag out the man in the mask thing, it's Simon, from the future, Curtis and him end up as super heroes, him and Aleisha get together, this is definitely happening etc etc. It was quite an exposition. Maybe I'm just such a cynic and watching things like Lost and Heroes has conditioned me to think that the more "out there" they go with it, the harder it'll be to maintain it's quality, but I'm a little cautious about it "jumping the shark" now, though I'm certainly still very much enjoying it...The man crush on Sheenan obviously helps
Well that is the danger of too much too fast, but hopefully if it does run out of ideas, it knows when to stop at the right time even if we will miss seeing this particular cast together.

Lost and Heroes got very tiresome after the first two series and due to them being shows which took themselves seriously, they can look rather lame when looked back on with hindsight.

Misfits at heart is a comedy methinks so as long as it stays funny, when the storylines do peter out a tad hopefully there'll be enough humour in it for the show to still pack a punch, I don't want it to become another skins with constant shaggin and rehash of them clubbin time and time again.

With Sheehan and the guy who plays Simon, think we've got two genuine talents who can give the show a more long term foundation.. the likes of Curtis may even end up being replaced if their characters are going nowhere say in series 3 or 4 if it comes to that.

Cina

Bit of a strange episode that one.

I just laugh at almost everything Nathan says and does now, the gay stuff with Simon was hilarious, him trying to sex up Kelly was brilliant.
"D'you mind taking that out?"

Simon and Aleesha was odd, but I thought it was pulled off pretty well. Any scene that involves her and side boobs is ok with me.

Curtis is definitely the weakest character, as Mockey pointed out above, apart from his solo episode in S1, he's done sweet feck all other than "The feck are you at man" "This is mental" etc.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
It's Carlin who says that you know you've become a great comedian when anything you do is funny. Sheehan's portrayal of Nathan is rapidly approaching that. I was dying during his scene with Kelly.