MLB 2021

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Webb so good again. Would be great to have a home grown ace again. Offense needs to help him out.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
No way you are going to convince me this is going both ways. This umpire man…..

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I know I’m biased, but anything within 2 inches of the plate has been a strike for Urias. It has put the Giants batters on the defensive. Would love to see a pitch chart of Urias called strikes.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
What a fantastic game. These teams are so evenly matched. A shame this is only a 5 game series.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I’m done with MLB umpires. Well played Dodgers but they handed you this game.

edit: not even saying they wanted you to win, they are just that incompetent

fanutd

Bye Bye Giants :D
A bunch of bad calls including the ultimate one.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
That is a cruel way to end a game. He did not go around, that is horrible.
Add that to the outrageous strike zone that was heavily tilted one way and this is example 19379315 why MLB has the worst officiating by a country mile.

fanutd

Add that to the outrageous strike zone that was heavily tilted one way and this is example 19379315 why MLB has the worst officiating by a country mile.
I swear I notice this every post season too. So inconsistent it mind fecks the person on base and they start swinging at pitches they really shouldn't be swinging at.

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I honestly don’t think they “wanted” the Dodgers to win. It comes down to:
1) Baseball being a hard game to umpire
2) The absolute zero accountability MLB Umpire have.
3) the massive egos every single umpire has.

you combine those 3 and you get guys who each individually decide how to officiate the game, actual rules be damned. They love being known as “big zone” umpire, or “low zone” umpire, or Giant Asshat Joe West umpire.

fanutd

I honestly don’t think they “wanted” the Dodgers to win. It comes down to:
1) Baseball being a hard game to umpire
2) The absolute zero accountability MLB Umpire have.
3) the massive egos every single umpire has.

you combine those 3 and you get guys who each individually decide how to officiate the game, actual rules be damned. They love being known as “big zone” umpire, or “low zone” umpire, or Giant Asshat Joe West umpire.
Have to agree. But I can’t imagine how much it fecks with the hitter. It’s sure to mess with their heads swinging at non hitter pitches. We get to see it every post season consistently.

Shame these two have to play each other so early on after the season both teams have had.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
That spell of Scherzer pitching to Wade in the 9th with a runner on 1st was one of the most exciting periods of baseball I can remember. Every pitch had you hooked and that last pitch by Scherzer to get Wade was absolutely amazing

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
What was different about pre-94 baseball? When I watch old clips it looks like it used to be faster. Less time between pitches etc
The strike nearly completely ruined the sport for me, but then it exposed me to association football as the World Cup exploded on the US sporting scene that summer. That void left by baseball, along with the end of my high school baseball career having just graduated that May and failing to get a minor league contract with the Royals, found me wanting other sports. I had the NFL and NBA, and the odd NHL match, but discovering the world's game opened doors that I had not yet experienced. Yeah, in the early 90s one could find the odd Serie A match on the tele but by 94 there wasn't much on tele. Enter HSE (old cable TV network) and their Sunday EPL highlights package. I was hooked from there on.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Just watched highlights from last night's game. Red Sox should really think about placing Kike Hernandez 3rd or 4th in the order so he can hit homers with at least someone on base.

Astros need to pay Correa. Just pay the man. He's going to be very costly but he's worth it.

edcunited1878

Just watched highlights from last night's game. Red Sox should really think about placing Kike Hernandez 3rd or 4th in the order so he can hit homers with at least someone on base.

Astros need to pay Correa. Just pay the man. He's going to be very costly but he's worth it.
Agree he should be paid, but with the contracts of Tatis Jr and Lindor out there, plus Seager, it's going to be a huge salary.

Astros shouldn't retain Greinke AND Verlander at their previous salaries ($68M total), which lends a big contract to Correa.

Carolina Red

Staff
Creepy...eight years ago, in the ALCS game 2, David Ortiz hit a slam.
I love it. Boston has a way with that kinda stuff.

Tessie was sung by the Royal Rooters at the Sox first World Series win and at all their World Series wins in the early 1900s… it stopped being sung in 1918. Then the Sox didn’t win a World Series again until 2004… when Dropkick Murphy released their homage to the song, also titled, Tessie.

edcunited1878

I love it. Boston has a way with that kinda stuff.

Tessie was sung by the Royal Rooters at the Sox first World Series win and at all their World Series wins in the early 1900s… it stopped being sung in 1918. Then the Sox didn’t win a World Series again until 2004… when Dropkick Murphy released their homage to the song, also titled, Tessie.
Haha. That's a damn good fact!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I think the Red Sox put another grand slam on the board quicker than it took Odorizzi to warm up. :lol:

Carolina Red

Staff
We just saw history made.

That’s the first time a team has ever hit multiple grand slams in the same game in the postseason.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
We just saw history made.

That’s the first time a team has ever hit multiple grand slams in the same game in the postseason.
That's nuts. :eek:

After just one out in the second as well.

edcunited1878

Slam Diego has moved to the Boston Slam Party. Yikes. If Devers gets a hold of his arm injury and JD begins to rake...Astros need at least a couple of pitchers to take one for the team and get to game 3 quickly.