MLB 2022

Tom Van Persie

No relation
That Manfred press conference pissed me off so much. These owners don't care about the fans. They're killing the sport.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
No plans to reschedule those games either, so effectively a shortened season.

It's at 155 as it stands but me thinks this'll drag out longer.

Once they agree to a deal,how quickly can the season start after that ?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Lots happening today...

MLB, MLBPA Reach New Collective Bargaining Agreement

After 99 days, the MLB lockout is finally drawing to a close. The Major League Baseball Players Association has voted to approve the most recent counterproposal from ownership, setting the stage for a new collective bargaining agreement to be ratified.

and

Opening day reportedly set for 7 April with full 162 game season :eek:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/03/mlb-mlbpa-reach-new-collective-bargaining-agreement.html

edcunited1878

They've been having a lot of negotiations the past few days...news was drowned out by NFL trades/signings and obviously Russia.

Having 162 will be the saving grace and re-shuffling the schedule a little bit is of minor importance. League/Owners will not speak to their greed nor shortcomings, per usual, but the quicker Spring Training starts...and free agency movement, the better for everyone.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
NL will permanently adopt the DH. Thank feck I finally do not have to watch pitchers bat.
I have avoided the NL because of that. Now I have no excuse to ignore the Dodgers and Giants.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Well last season I watched a lot of Oakland A's games until they were eliminated from contention. Also enjoyed watching some of the Dodgers games.
Player wise, I like Tatis Jr, Mookie Betts, Chapman and Piscotty.

For the world series though, I supported the Braves.
Can I interest you in the other Bay Area team? :)

JPRouve

Scout
Can I interest you in the other Bay Area team? :)
I was going to say that their ballpark is awful for hitters but the A's ballpark is only marginally not as awful.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Let’s go Blue Jays

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Any predictions on where Freddie Freeman ends up? I have a feeling it will be with the Dodgers. I understand the Braves being reluctant to sign him for six years but he's a hero in Atlanta and if I was a Braves fan I would be disappointed. As a Marlins fan I'm glad to have him out the division. :)

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I was going to say that their ballpark is awful for hitters but the A's ballpark is only marginally not as awful.
Plus the Giants park is fantasic and not in danger of falling down. The food is amazing, or at least it was when I used to go.

JPRouve

Scout
Plus the Giants park is fantasic and not in danger of falling down. The food is amazing, or at least it was when I used to go.
@Eboue have you been to the Giants' ballpark? You haven't posted pictures of games in a while.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
yes the giants park is the best one. here's a few pictures from last year's trip. im going to phoenix la and anaheim next month which will complete all 30 parks.

Sorry you had to visit the Trop.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Any predictions on where Freddie Freeman ends up? I have a feeling it will be with the Dodgers. I understand the Braves being reluctant to sign him for six years but he's a hero in Atlanta and if I was a Braves fan I would be disappointed. As a Marlins fan I'm glad to have him out the division. :)
Hopefully anybody but the Dodgers! Their infield would be absolutely stacked with Trea, J. Turner, Muncy and Freddie.

I reckon he'll stay at the Braves or go the Yankees as an upgrade on Voit

P.s. How do you fancy your chances this year in the NL East?

JPRouve

Scout
@Eboue Those are nice pictures. I'm kind of amazed that you almost went to all of them.

JPRouve

Scout
The Giants had a nice run :D Was an interesting series against LA Dodgers, would have probably rallied around them if they beat them. I've kinda got my first dislike of an MLB team, and that is the Houstons, so a bit of an easy choice. :lol:
Seeing you still trying to find a team made me more aware of the fact that I don't have a team and probably never will. I love baseball for pitching, I look at the probable pitchers schedule on MLB.com and pick the ones I want to see.