MLB 2022

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Hopefully anybody but the Dodgers! Their infield would be absolutely stacked with Trea, J. Turner, Muncy and Freddie.

I reckon he'll stay at the Braves or go the Yankees as an upgrade on Voit

P.s. How do you fancy your chances this year in the NL East?
I think they will move for Olson and use Voit as trade bait but if the A's are asking for too much Freeman makes sense. As for the Marlins, right now I can see us improving a bit on last season and fighting for 3rd place in the division. I really like the additions of Avi Garcia, Stallings and Wendle but we still need more. I would love to see the Marlins make a big splash, trading for Bryan Reynolds or bringing Castellanos back home has been talked about. Craig Mish is as plugged in as they come when it comes to Marlins news and he is very confident that we're about to make some big moves so fingers crossed.

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Just saw the details of the Olson trade. Oof, that was a kings ransom. Gutted their farm system and of Pache figures things out it will be a bloodbath for the Braves.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
So... Suzuki ends up at the Chubs on an $85MM 5 year deal. Be interesting to see how he fares.

NL Central is looking like it could be a tight race between Chubs, Brewdogs and Cards.

Interested as well to see who comes 5th. Usually I'd say Pirates but the Reds are looking weak after trading Winker and Gray.

SirAnderson

Seeing you still trying to find a team made me more aware of the fact that I don't have a team and probably never will. I love baseball for pitching, I look at the probable pitchers schedule on MLB.com and pick the ones I want to see.
I think that's an interesting option, I do love pitching also, but also love me some grand slams. Will see how it goes this season though.

Leg-End

Yankees gave the Twins $40 million for Donaldson and they flipped it into Correa :lol:

I get the Yankees strategy in fairness, they are all in on Volpe being their SS and didn't want to block him with a FA but still, that Correa contract would have worked anyway.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I held out faint hopes that Correa would return to Houston. Sad times man. He was one the reasons I was so drawn to the Astros.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Kimbrel struggled in the set up role. I'm glad he can be a closer again but the fecking Dodgers man. :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This was a really classy move by the Dodgers. He gets paid $700K a year to not play.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
They should just go ahead and move to Vegas.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...e-lhp-sean-manaea-trade-rebuilding-oakland-as
San Diego Padres acquire LHP Sean Manaea in trade with rebuilding Oakland A's
The A's are rebuilding after going 86-76 last year, missing the playoffs for the first time since 2017. Oakland has sent first baseman Matt Olson to Atlanta, third baseman Matt Chapman to Toronto and right-hander Chris Bassitt to the Mets this offseason.
That is a real shit return for Manaea.

SirAnderson

Reasonable times for some of the matches so I will be watching. Will watch a bit of the cubs v brewers since its the earlier start, and then the pirates v cardinals.
Others are too early in the morning.