MLB 2022

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Umpires are getting out of control with this power trip shit. Bum apparently complained about a pitch earlier in the inning and this dude 100% was trying to instigate exactly what happened.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Saw this earlier. A different vantage shows the ump staring him down up until the search.

Leg-End

Umpires are loving the limelight this year.

Boone ejections remain hilarious

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not too late to switch from the Astros to the Dodgers, is it? :D

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Whoa. Ten game winning streak by the Astros after a rather rocky start.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Be advised, they haven't moved the fence yet, and the Cardinals offense is pretty lousy (one of the worst in baseball in fact).
I rarely watch them, how is their defense? I like pitching, defense and small ball. I'm not really a fan of power hitting.

greatscott9930

Supports
St. Louis City Soccer Club
I rarely watch them, how is their defense? I like pitching, defense and small ball. I'm not really a fan of power hitting.
We have one of the best defenses in baseball. We had 5 gold glovers last season. The team is built on defense and pitching. On offense, we run the bases really well and have a few good hitters (Arenado, Goldy). We play small ball fairly well actually.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We have one of the best defenses in baseball. We had 5 gold glovers last season. The team is built on defense and pitching. On offense, we run the bases really well and have a few good hitters (Arenado, Goldy). We play the small ball fairly well actually.
Thanks, I'm definitely going to watch them. :D

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
We have one of the best defenses in baseball. We had 5 gold glovers last season. The team is built on defense and pitching. On offense, we run the bases really well and have a few good hitters (Arenado, Goldy). We play small ball fairly well actually.
When I read this I thought you were shitting me as Goldschmidt/Arenado/O'Neil is a hell of a core, but damn if you're not right. Cards were 20th in runs last year. Arenado seems to be suffering from leaving Coors. OPS down over 100 points....

greatscott9930

Supports
When I read this I thought you were shitting me as Goldschmidt/Arenado/O'Neil is a hell of a core, but damn if you're not right. Cards were 20th in runs last year. Arenado seems to be suffering from leaving Coors. OPS down over 100 points....
:lol: No, I speak the truth. Arenado struggled last year, but has been awesome this year. However, the team this year is a bottom 5 offense collectively. O'neill has been absolutely dreadful. His batting average is a mere .200 right now.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I can also throw my hat in the ring as a Giants fan. Fantastic starting pitching, no real stars on offense, lead the league in bunt hits, and don't give 2 shits about the "unwritten rules". The last 2 years have been hella fun. :lol:

greatscott9930

Supports
I can also throw my hat in the ring as a Giants fan. Fantastic starting pitching, no real stars on offense, lead the league in bunt hits, and don't give 2 shits about the "unwritten rules". The last 2 years have been hella fun. :lol:
@JPRouve
If you watch tonight, you can see the Cardinals vs. Giants

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I've only been watching baseball for 5 minutes, but I'm seconding the sentiment. Bunts, stolen bases and squeeze plays :drool:

Give me that over the procession of big roidy fella after big roidy fella swinging pieces of wood as hard as they can all day.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
That’ll do! Nice gritty performance by Webb tonight without his best swing and miss stuff. Sinker not great either (a lot of fly balls for him!), but he did what aces do. Casali hitting like this may keep Bart on the bench for a bit.

Charlie Foley

That’ll do! Nice gritty performance by Webb tonight without his best swing and miss stuff. Sinker not great either (a lot of fly balls for him!), but he did what aces do. Casali hitting like this may keep Bart on the bench for a bit.
Dubs and Giants win is a good night

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Watch game are folks watching?
Astros to avenge their streak loss or some Yanks and Socks?
Astros of course. Giving the Nats the beating they deserve for breaking the winning streak.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
ffs, I was watching that game and turned it off in the 7th or 8th because it was a blowout. Would have watched to the end if I knew I'd have known they were going to give Pujols a go at pitching. :(

EDIT: Video

Bringing that 65mph heat and that sneaky 54mph changeup :drool: