MLB 2023

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Oh just feck right off with this shit. Another season of lost arms seemingly awaits…

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Rays are quite the team to watch, love how we score in bunches like today. This poor pitcher, it’s his debut & he balks home the sixth run in the top of the first.

Granted, we’ve played what constitutes the currently poor teams vis à vis the standings, but the hope from last season is starting to materialize this year.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This is one part of American sports I can never get on board with. Just looking at the A’s history, it looks like they’ve moved around a few times but been in Oakland for the last 50 years so there’s a couple of generations of fans that have now lost both their baseball team and NFL team to Las Vegas in the last couple of years. They also lost the Warriors to San Francisco recently so no pro sports clubs left there anymore. Five years ago they had the A’s, the Raiders and the Warriors. Pretty soon they’ll have none. That’s fecking wild.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is one part of American sports I can never get on board with. Just looking at the A’s history, it looks like they’ve moved around a few times but been in Oakland for the last 50 years so there’s a couple of generations of fans that have now lost both their baseball team and NFL team to Las Vegas in the last couple of years. They also lost the Warriors to San Francisco recently so no pro sports clubs left there anymore. Five years ago they had the A’s, the Raiders and the Warriors. Pretty soon they’ll have none. That’s fecking wild.

Was bound to happen. I loved Oakland as a city when I was living in SF in 1998 / 99, but the Oakland Mausoleum that housed the Raiders & the A’s was decrepit years before I even got there.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Wow, when our pitching staff feels like imploding on a bullpen day, we really implode.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

What do we make of this @calodo2003
Wow, fell asleep during the fourth inning & missed this. The Trop is notorious for hiding pop ups with the color of its ceiling, even more so during the day.

Knowing our luck with injuries, news will come down today that Wander is on the 60 day with a broken bone in his right hand!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Going 20 scoreless innings against teams like Houston ain’t gonna win us many series.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No clue who Zach Eflin is, apparently was with the Phillies for a few years. He signed our biggest FA deal ever during the off-season.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
When did Marucci bats become popular in the game? Seems like every other Rays player is using one.

edcunited1878

When did Marucci bats become popular in the game? Seems like every other Rays player is using one.
Think they became popular because they were an alternative in the composite/maple/pro bat development. Them and Victus. Marucci is well known in softball and their bats are premium and people have taken notice, including pros.

Also, this axe bat or axe type knob is becoming popular.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Another high scoring affair today ends with a split between the Yankees & us. Fair series result.