Mo Salah | Choccy: He gone | Choccy gone, Choccy wrong | beIN sports: Agrees to Al Ittihad's offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

C'est Moi Cantona

Not really... it can be amicable - because he's a legend for them - or not. With the amount of money being bandied about, "he" can even buy himself out of the contract.
I don't know how this works, but can that actually happen? Why wouldn't Chelsea have got Caicedo to do that with his Brighton contract, or Bayern for Kane, rather than pay £100 million +?

FerociousCorgis

60 million would be a ridiculously low offer considering the amount of money thrown around by saudi league. Has to at least be 100 million no way pool can let him go for less than Kane. 60 million barely buys much these days

VanGaalyTime

at 31, sell him for 150 immediately. Diaz is back and can do a similar job. They'd then get money to rebuild the entire team.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
at 31, sell him for 150 immediately. Diaz is back and can do a similar job. They'd then get money to rebuild the entire team.
Diaz is guaranteed to get injured before long, for another 5 weeks or whatever. Jota is a bit of a crock too.

glasgow 21

They have enough attackers (Gakpo, Diaz, Nunez, Jota). The dearth of midfielders is the big issue.
Yeah they will sell Salah and buy Gravenberch and Amrabat an money left over for anything else.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I don't know how this works, but can that actually happen? Why wouldn't Chelsea have got Caicedo to do that with his Brighton contract, or Bayern for Kane, rather than pay £100 million +?
It's heavily frowned upon in Europe... between European clubs. Saudi Arabia don't have to play by any unwritten rule. We're in the wild west realm at the moment and nothing would be a surprise.

If he really wants out, he can't be stopped.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Really couldn’t care less if Liverpool get £300m for him. Their recruitment is a shambles these days and they will have to over pay and will inevitably waste the majority of it. They’re not going to replace him with anyone like his quality or output - that calibre of player isn’t going to want to go to Liverpool unless they obliterate their wage structure which will lead to more issues.

C'est Moi Cantona

I think the £240m number is Salah’s contract offer.

There’s no way Liverpool are turning down that if it was the transfer fee! :lol:
True, Liverpool won't give a toss what they're paying him though, it's all about their potential fee.

Oranges038

I think they should keep him.

Only so they don't get a bag of money to reinvest in midfield and defence. I'd prefer he stay there, even if he were to Bogarde his way through that big new deal.

saivet

Imagine this will get done next summer. Even for a huge fee, Liverpool will find it hard to replace Salah let alone at such short notice.

mav_9me

He should go to his friend Kadyrov and play for some Chechen team.
Glad to see him getting out of European football. Terrible person.
What's this about? Sorry I'm unaware

gajender

Not really... it can be amicable - because he's a legend for them - or not. With the amount of money being bandied about, "he" can even buy himself out of the contract.
He can't he just signed a new contract last season though he is allowed to buy out his contract but only after 2 year of signing it as he was above 28 years of age at the time of extension other wise it's 3 years after signing the contract based on Webster ruling .

Last edited:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
What's this about? Sorry I'm unaware
He’s an honorary citizen of Chechnya and has called Chechen warlord Kadyrov a personal friend of his.
As far as I’m concerned, he never did or said anything to rescind his support for Putin‘s best known puppet. Even before the Ukraine war, Kadyrov was a despicable person responsible for quite a few atrocities, often targeting gay men.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool are strong in attack but they don't have anyone else on that RW, and definitely no one to consistently score the goals he does. And this season would almost be a write off if he goes.

It could be a blessing in disguise moving forward, but only if they're more competent in the transfer market than they have been this summer.
The season would be a battle for top 4 with or without him, it just becomes a more uphill battle if he goes. If we are thinking long-term it's the perfect play to let him leave right now.

Really couldn’t care less if Liverpool get £300m for him. Their recruitment is a shambles these days and they will have to over pay and will inevitably waste the majority of it. They’re not going to replace him with anyone like his quality or output - that calibre of player isn’t going to want to go to Liverpool unless they obliterate their wage structure which will lead to more issues.
The bolded part is laughable and other than that, you do realize that we could still sign a player in the future who develops into a Salah, rather than sign his "calibre of player" which has never been our MO anyway, right?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The season would be a battle for top 4 with or without him, it just becomes a more uphill battle if he goes. If we are thinking long-term it's the perfect play to let him leave right now.

The bolded part is laughable and other than that, you do realize that we could still sign a player in the future who develops into a Salah, rather than sign his "calibre of player" which has never been our MO anyway, right?
I think you'll be comfortably top 4 with him, I actually think you'll piece together a title challenge this season with him. Without, it's a real battle for top 4.

Quagmire Maguire

Only these spawny bastards get mega money for their want-away, past-their-peak players. Just want we need right now: giving them a pot of gold to rebuild their team just when their bubble was bursting.
It's because their players are actually good. We have Mctominay, Maguire and Martial and unfortunately nobody wants shit players, not even the Saudi league

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I think you'll be comfortably top 4 with him, I actually think you'll piece together a title challenge this season with him. Without, it's a real battle for top 4.
Comfortable top 4 finish with him vs battle for top 4 without him, I'll take that difference for one season to be honest. It would be a whole different story if we were a certified, legit contender and looking like we would be rivaling City in the league, going from title contenders to top 4 contenders is a bigger blow imo. And we don't even have a shot at the CL this year so that's nothing to worry about either if he leaves. We would also miss him for the entirety of January as well this season due to AFCON duties if I'm not mistaken.

To me it's the right timing for all parties involved, but I can imagine Klopp would veto a move at this moment in time, this late into the window.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He can't he just signed a new contract last season though he is allowed to buy out his contract but only after 2 year of signing it as he was above 28 years of age at the time of extension other wise it's 3 years after signing the contract based on Webster ruling .
Don't know why that escaped me! Too giddy at the prospect of him jumping ship!

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
He’s an honorary citizen of Chechnya and has called Chechen warlord Kadyrov a personal friend of his.
As far as I’m concerned, he never did or said anything to rescind his support for Putin‘s best known puppet. Even before the Ukraine war, Kadyrov was a despicable person responsible for quite a few atrocities, often targeting gay men.
From all the sources and research I've gone through he hasn't once called him his personal friend at all., Sounds made up, Would appreciate a link if I'm wrong though.
He was made an honourary citizen, he didn't ask to be one. He was made to sit beside him as his national team chose to meet him. Not much else .

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Comfortable top 4 finish with him vs battle for top 4 without him, I'll take that difference for one season to be honest. It would be a whole different story if we were a certified, legit contender and looking like we would be rivaling City in the league, going from title contenders to top 4 contenders is a bigger blow imo. And we don't even have a shot at the CL this year so that's nothing to worry about either if he leaves. We would also miss him for the entirety of January as well this season due to AFCON duties if I'm not mistaken.

To me it's the right timing for all parties involved, but I can imagine Klopp would veto a move at this moment in time, this late into the window.
How many elite years do you believe he has left in him? Or a better way to phrase it: How much longer do you think he'll be worth his wage?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
How many elite years do you believe he has left in him? Or a better way to phrase it: How much longer do you think he'll be worth his wage?
I'd rather be one year too early to sell him than one year too late, especially if it's for £150m, let me put it that way.

If he were to stay at Liverpool, I could see him scoring 20+ goals this season and next. So a potential decline kicking in as from the 25/26 season when he's 33, not sure how long he'll have left on his contract.

But I'd imagine the Saudis will be back in for him next season if they're already interested right now, so we'll see.

mintyred

Without Salah, Klopp's true managerial ability would be exposed...

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It's heavily frowned upon in Europe... between European clubs. Saudi Arabia don't have to play by any unwritten rule. We're in the wild west realm at the moment and nothing would be a surprise.

If he really wants out, he can't be stopped.
Are you sure that’s the case? As in Liverpool couldn’t just enforce the contract ie refuse it even if Salah “tried” buying himself out of it? That’s how I’d have thought it works - you can only buy yourself out of a contract if there’s an agreement to do so, or a specified release clause.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I'd rather be one year too early to sell him than one year too late, especially if it's for £150m, let me put it that way.

If he were to stay at Liverpool, I could see him scoring 20+ goals this season and next. So a potential decline kicking in as from the 25/26 season when he's 33, not sure how long he'll have left on his contract.

But I'd imagine the Saudis will be back in for him next season if they're already interested right now, so we'll see.
The Saudis will present this problem time and again for the top teams in the league with recognised special talent. To cash in early, or hold on that bit longer, hoping the player's body holds up. I think we'll have this with Varane and Casemiro in the very near future, too.

I suppose a question to ask is how much of a hole does that one player leave behind themselves. It's not just Salah's raw output to consider; there's the fear factor he puts into the opposition and the morale boost and confidence into your whole club - he's your ace up the sleeve, you lose a hell of a lot without him... on the other hand, £150m or whatever he'd go for is a lot of money.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Are you sure that’s the case? As in Liverpool couldn’t just enforce the contract ie refuse it even if Salah “tried” buying himself out of it? That’s how I’d have thought it works - you can only buy yourself out of a contract if there’s an agreement to do so, or a specified release clause.
This post covers it:

I know there are a lot of unwritten agreements that were made between clubs from the moment the Bosman ruling came to pass.

Chief123

Without Salah, Klopp's true managerial ability would be exposed...
Im not sure about that. Let’s not forget Klopp made Salah what he is. When Liverpool bought Salah, it wasn’t even a certainty he would be a regular starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.