Mo Salah | Choccy: He gone | Choccy gone, Choccy wrong | beIN sports: Agrees to Al Ittihad's offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Only these spawny bastards get mega money for their want-away, past-their-peak players. Just want we need right now: giving them a pot of gold to rebuild their team just when their bubble was bursting.
Yup :(

jadaba

How much are they offering Liverpool? Surely too late in the window for them to contemplate this
The rumours a few weeks ago were around £60m. Given it's this late in the window and with the possibility of Benzema leaving Al Ettihad, the figure would have to be significantly higher.

the_cliff

I think it will be a smart move from Liverpools side to let him go now. They've got enough in that area already, he looks like he's slowing down, he soon won't be worth the contract he's on and they'll be getting a good fee for him.

Even if they don't replace him this transfer window I think they'll sell. Makes sense for both parties tbh.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Can't see him leaving Europe for Asia. Surely at this age he'll want to move somewhere way closer to his home continent if he was to leave Europe.

Trex

He's still one of the very best players in the league. Without him Liverpool become quite ordinary, quality left footed wide forwards half as good as Salah will cost a 100m (Antony not even half as good :lol: ).

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Only these spawny bastards get mega money for their want-away, past-their-peak players. Just want we need right now: giving them a pot of gold to rebuild their team just when their bubble was bursting.
Easier said than done.

cyberman

It’ll be hard for Liverpool to turn down serious money for a 31 year old. They could sell him and make more money than keeping him and getting 4th /5th so worth the risk imo.
Sell and go heavy on a Sane or Eze. Ollie Watkins could be a shout

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It’ll be hard for Liverpool to turn down serious money for a 31 year old. They could sell him and make more money than keeping him and getting 4th /5th so worth the risk imo.
Sell and go heavy on a Sane or Eze. Ollie Watkins could be a shout
:wenger: Good try.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
They'd be absolutely mad to sell the one player who Is still elite. They will struggle to replace him and he's 31 not 41. But then i forgot that 31 is ancient on the Caf.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Seriously, I would not sell him for any amount of money under £200m this summer. He is not only our top scorer every season for his entire time at the club but is always, always available. I just don't trust Jota and Diaz to give us the minutes on the pitch even though they may offer the quality.

ThatGreyKit

As if my fantasy league team couldn't get any more bad luck, the one Scouse player I choose that's guaranteed points

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Seriously, I would not sell him for any amount of money under £200m this summer. He is not only our top scorer every season for his entire time at the club but is always, always available. I just don't trust Jota and Diaz to give us the minutes on the pitch even though they may offer the quality.
it has to be a big money offer for sure, given he is a muslim super star and Liverpool needs him to have a chance for a top 4 spot.

Chairman Steve

I imagine people will be revising their league table predictions off the back of this. Him leaving is pretty significant.

Never injured
Averages 30 goals a season
Turns up in all kinds of games

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He should go to his friend Kadyrov and play for some Chechen team.
Glad to see him getting out of European football. Terrible person.

Teja

Damn, how have we not gotten on this Saudi bandwagon?

FujiVice

Sell him. I dont care about how much money they get. There is nobody on earth that would cause us as many problems as this bastard has over the years.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Liverpool are strong in attack but they don't have anyone else on that RW, and definitely no one to consistently score the goals he does. And this season would almost be a write off if he goes.

It could be a blessing in disguise moving forward, but only if they're more competent in the transfer market than they have been this summer.

RuudTom83

Off topic completely, but I do feel City have no real rivals...Pep arrived after SAF and Wenger had retired. United/Arsenal/Chelsea all in different stages of failure the last 5-10 years...with only Liverpool giving them a mini challenge for the odd year.

Salah leaving the scousers would all but end their attempt at the title this season (nobody thinks they would challenge but still)

The league really is only ever a 2 horse race.

Back on topic...he should 100% grab the money and go to Saudi.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I think even if his head is turned, Liverpool need to say "give us one more year and we'll let you go" like we did with Ronaldo in 2008.

Who did they replace him with now?

Teja

I think even if his head is turned, Liverpool need to say "give us one more year and we'll let you go" like we did with Ronaldo in 2008.

Who did they replace him with now?
They have enough attackers (Gakpo, Diaz, Nunez, Jota). The dearth of midfielders is the big issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.