Mo Salah | Choccy: He gone | Choccy gone, Choccy wrong | beIN sports: Agrees to Al Ittihad's offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero

It's cute when people think footballers still post their own social media content.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
It's cute when people think footballers still post their own social media content.
Some they do, some they don't. They're accountable for all of it, though.

the_cliff

Reliable reports in the middle East that he wants to join the Saudi league. His reaction to coming off on the weekend didn't look good.

RedDevil@84

Reliable reports in the middle East that he wants to join the Saudi league. His reaction to coming off on the weekend didn't look good.
Maybe a bit late in the window to ask for one. A record offer from Saudi can change that I guess.

the_cliff

Maybe a bit late in the window to ask for one. A record offer from Saudi can change that I guess.
I think they were in for him earlier in the transfer window but he decided to stay at Liverpool. The reports come from a reliable source as well. I don't think he'll move this window but this coming out after his reaction on the weekend suggests things aren't exactly rosy between him and Klopp.

tomaldinho1

This would be absolutely lovely, I want to believe.
I think they would welcome it. He's a cult hero there but he's 31 and a big part of his game is built on speed/acceleration - if they can get a silly fee for him, remove his wages and then reinvest I think they do it.

MUFC OK

A Saudi club offering him £500m a season would be a nice end to the transfer window..

Conor

Exactly, if I was a Liverpool fan I wouldn’t be too upset if he left for 9 figures.
He's their main goalscorer, the season has started, and they have nobody to buy to replace him. Why would you be anything other than livid, as a Liverpool fan, if it happened?

Abraxas

He's their main goalscorer, the season has started, and they have nobody to buy to replace him. Why would you be anything other than livid, as a Liverpool fan, if it happened?
I'm sure you could find somebody to buy with 150 million in your pocket. Even if it did cost over the odds.

Salah is only heading one way, that's for sure. Wouldn't be ideal timing though, true.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Be kind of weird if he was pushing to go only a week or so after his agent publicly confirmed he had no current interest in moving and was committed to Liverpool.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
his best is behind him the annoyingly good little bastard.

Liverpool would get a fortune for him from Saudi - cash in la

mu4c_20le

He's still the best player in the league. This is just agent mind games.

Care_de_Bobo

This would be absolutely lovely, I want to believe.
No it wouldn't, would just give them even more money to spend on reinforcements. He's there best player, but probably only has a couple of years left at the top.

InfiniteBoredom

No it wouldn't, would just give them even more money to spend on reinforcements. He's there best player, but probably only has a couple of years left at the top.
And those couple years could be the difference in them remaining title challengers/top 4 finishers, which easily offset any amount of money they can receive now, and that’s not even taking into account the fact that they can Spurs the money away on shit purchases.

You take Salah out of that team and their output drops by about 30%, they would be scoring less goal than we did last season.

NYAS

Ittihad are keeping two spots open for him and Pogba for next summer. Would be surprised if it happened now.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I am pretty sure they wouldn't finish top8 without him.

Hoof the ball

And those couple years could be the difference in them remaining title challengers/top 4 finishers, which easily offset any amount of money they can receive now, and that’s not even taking into account the fact that they can Spurs the money away on shit purchases.

You take Salah out of that team and their output drops by about 30%, they would be scoring less goal than we did last season.
Yep. For reference, Rashford had 30 goals and 11 assists last season and we were generously praising Marcus for the achievement; Salah still quietly managed 30 goals and 15 assists in a relatively poor Liverpool season.

It hurt Liverpool less to lose Mane than it would Salah, even right now.

jadaba

Yeah if you can read Arabic...
180 مليون يورو، عرض لنجم ليفربول المصري محمد صلاح للتعاقد مع اتحاد جدة (arabianbusiness.com)

Just to note the same publication broke the news of Ronaldo to Al Nassr and Benzema to Al Ittihad. Surprised the English media hasn't caught up with it yet...
I don't think there's much in it, they're repeating the same rumours that went around a couple weeks ago of a big offer for Salah and a 60m transfer fee for Liverpool. They're reporting that Waleed Al Faraj [Twitter account] is saying it, rather than announcing it themselves.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just like I quoted £500m for Alisson we wouldn't sell Salah less than £200m this season. No deal is fine with us.

FerociousCorgis

without salah theyd be fighting for the 4/5th spot as their best hope for UCL footy. I could only imagine the money they could get for allison/salah if they sold them both to the saudis. Legit would be easily 300 plus million. Dont see with how overinflated the fees are now though that would be worth it for them, be a very risky move. Only way id see that being worth it would be if they knew of a lot of targets that could come in and crush it for them, and most of them had release clauses or something.

Reyoji-Utd

What if they get a ridiculous fees for him and spend that on Oshimen, is it feasible to replace him and make them equally good or a bit less good? They look like wont go any where near City and maybe just accept the big fees and reinvest. Thinking about 1/2 years later.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Since he’s an Arabic speaking player who is SUPER popular and marketable in an Arabic speaking country, Salah can easily wait until he’s well past his best at like 35+ and still get a mega money move to Saudi. Going now when he’s still amazing would be pointless.

Though, what’s to say the Saudi league doesn’t implode like the Chinese one did after their lavish spending?

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Just like I quoted £500m for Alisson we wouldn't sell Salah less than £200m this season. No deal is fine with us.
Player holds all the power mate. Whatever you think about them. End of the day if they down tools you will force to sell one way or the other. It's not only for Salah but every player in every team.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Player holds all the power mate. Whatever you think about them. End of the day if they down tools you will force to sell one way or the other. It's not only for Salah but every player in every team.
Every player in every team except City, to be precise.

Superunknown

There's no way Liverpool will let him go. Not right now anyway. One more season to give them a chance to rebuild, sure. Days before the window ends and with the season already started, without an obvious replacement lined up. No way.

Hope it happens, though. :lol: :lol:

redshaw

The offer could be too big to turn down and they might have to bite the bullet with his age. In the long run it could be really good but they should able to get a huge fee next summer with more planning time.

The Saudi league DOF has said players have been contacting him to take part. Salah has won a lot and probably wants to go sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.