Mo Salah | Choccy: He gone | Choccy gone, Choccy wrong | beIN sports: Agrees to Al Ittihad's offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Since he’s an Arabic speaking player who is SUPER popular and marketable in an Arabic speaking country, Salah can easily wait until he’s well past his best at like 35+ and still get a mega money move to Saudi. Going now when he’s still amazing would be pointless.

Though, what’s to say the Saudi league doesn’t implode like the Chinese one did after their lavish spending?
When inevitably Saudi league joins the Champions League, I cannot wait to see the FFP report :lol:

Cloud7

His reaction at the weekend was a bit weird for the first game of the season. You don't usually see that this early on.

He would be a huge loss if he goes, regardless of how much money they get for him. What gettable players are there out there that they can bring in to replace the numbers he puts up?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If Salah and Alisson go (rumours about him too), Liverpool will be in a mess - they might not even get seven against us!

erikcred

His reaction at the weekend was a bit weird for the first game of the season. You don't usually see that this early on.

He would be a huge loss if he goes, regardless of how much money they get for him. What gettable players are there out there that they can bring in to replace the numbers he puts up?
The commentators explained it during the game. He's scored in the first game of the season every year since signing for Liverpool. That record's now gone.

Given everything else he's achieved it's surprising that being the answer to this particular pub quiz question is so important to him.

I think it's the media talking about it at the beginning of every season that makes it seem like it's a bigger deal than it is. For all we know, there's a striker who once scored on Matchday 23 for 10 years running and no one knows it.

Cloud7

The commentators explained it during the game. He's scored in the first game of the season every year since signing for Liverpool. That record's now gone.

Given everything else he's achieved it's surprising that being the answer to this particular pub quiz question is so important to him.

I think it's the media talking about it at the beginning of every season that makes it seem like it's a bigger deal than it is. For all we know, there's a striker who once scored on Matchday 23 for 10 years running and no one knows it.
Ahh that explains that then. Thanks!

DevilRed

It would be mental to let him leave at such a late stage.

He is still their best goalscorer.

Finding a replacement would be very difficult this summer.

Kellyiom

He's still the best player in the league. This is just agent mind games.
Yeah, I've always been impressed with him even though my soul burns to admit it! But they did acquire and develop a brilliant player there and he seems like a sound guy. Not heard of him spitting on kids or anything.

bringbackbebe

It would be mental to let him leave at such a late stage.

He is still their best goalscorer.

Finding a replacement would be very difficult this summer.
I think it's more a case of Salah wanting to leave. He's probably had to take a 25% pay cut and deal with lesser bonus' since Liverpool aren't playing in the Champions League. It's his last chance for a big pay day.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I don’t think he’ll go yet - maybe after this season though, I could see it. A massive final payday for him and Liverpool will get way over market value.

Last edited:

Houdini

Since he’s an Arabic speaking player who is SUPER popular and marketable in an Arabic speaking country, Salah can easily wait until he’s well past his best at like 35+ and still get a mega money move to Saudi. Going now when he’s still amazing would be pointless.

Though, what’s to say the Saudi league doesn’t implode like the Chinese one did after their lavish spending?
Saudi league is something else copared to Chinese. They know something about football as they run TOP clubs in other leagues alredy. They have cash and are willing to spend. They offer more than MLS already. Not all the players prefer club with history over money (esp. if we are taling about monstrous salaries). Chinease would never get the likes of Benzeme who could still play at the top level. Football isabout money these days more than ever.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

FLASH AREA

Contractual agreement between Al-Ittihad and Mohamed Salah!

3-year contract, $240M net in total.

The clubs have been discussing for a few hours, Mohamed Salah will not force his departure and will line up behind the decision of the Reds.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Massive money and he is now being forced to play as a winger without a midfield. The facilitators are all gone and they don’t have the players to get the best out of him anymore. Maybe it’s time.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Only these spawny bastards get mega money for their want-away, past-their-peak players. Just want we need right now: giving them a pot of gold to rebuild their team just when their bubble was bursting.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
How much are they offering Liverpool? Surely too late in the window for them to contemplate this

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Marhaba, aney Mo Salah, aney alittihad, see you soon.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It is a once of a life time opportunity for this kind of money and it is a no brainer for Salah. He won the EPL and CL already with Liverpool. It is time to get the biggest contract while he still can.

the_cliff

I reckon he goes. I posted it before but the links with Ittihad have intensified over the last few weeks, especially in the Middle East and after his reaction of getting subbed off against Chelsea.

Chairman Steve

No way this would happen this late in the window. Who do Liverpool even get with a week or so to go? Every selling club is just going to jack up the prices big time.

croadyman

Only these spawny bastards get mega money for their want-away, past-their-peak players. Just want we need right now: giving them a pot of gold to rebuild their team just when their bubble was bursting.
Yeah could be another Coutinho job

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Wouldn't begrudge him a move if he wants out. Would feck us over a bit in the short term because it's late in the window and teams know we have a lot money, but with the right investments we could add some much-needed depth in the side.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
No way this would happen this late in the window. Who do Liverpool even get with a week or so to go? Every selling club is just going to jack up the prices big time.
No one, we have 4 players (or 6 if you add Elliott and Jones) to cover our front three positions, wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to just keep a hold of the money for now.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He is the one that makes this Liverpool side have that world class cutting edge. He's a great goalscorer and assist player, basically he's their only great player. Without him, they're so much of a lessor threat.
It would need to be a ridiculous bid for Liverpool to consider parting ways with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.