Modern Draft Semifinals: Moby Vs. Enigma/TRV

Who will win this match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enigma_87

You know who
:lol: Never seen anything like it. Fair play to both for going at it hammer and tongs non-stop for about 16 hours straight. I think I'd have been divorced, ostracised or locked up if I tried to do the same.

Reflecting on it though, might have been a good example of a discussion that would have benefited from some moderating from the draftmaster. We've not got that mechanism in play yet, but similarly we've been quick to crack down on 2v1 (which looks like child's play compared to competing in this match :D).
Nah, we racked up something like 100 posts each for 3-4 hours or something apart from that not much of a discussion. The lady wasn't too happy about it either way. :D

Indnyc

:lol: Never seen anything like it. Fair play to both for going at it hammer and tongs non-stop for about 16 hours straight. I think I'd have been divorced, ostracised or locked up if I tried to do the same.

Reflecting on it though, might have been a good example of a discussion that would have benefited from some moderating from the draftmaster. We've not got that mechanism in play yet, but similarly we've been quick to crack down on 2v1 (which looks like child's play compared to competing in this match :D).
Yeah I agree.. I did feel like commenting on the handbags a bit but then decided against it.. After a point the discussion got repetitive and maybe it would have been worth stepping in

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
For a newbie with 9 posts, you really have detailed knowledge of Tuppetgate. :confused:
I hadn't followed any drafts for probably a year and was kind of curious why the draft was renamed to Tuppetgate, from previous drafts I was aware of the user since I have followed a couple of drafts over the last ~3 years I think. So I read both the match thread and the draft thread from the time it came out. Pretty hilarious if you are not one of the people that was being conned :lol: May have gotten carried away a bit seeing how deep the rabbit hole would go and read a lot more than was probably necessary :wenger: But yeah, am aware of Tuppetgate and will do my best to convince you lot that I am in fact an autonomous being that is not controlled by the evil mastermind.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I hadn't followed any drafts for probably a year and was kind of curious why the draft was renamed to Tuppetgate, from previous drafts I was aware of the user since I have followed a couple of drafts over the last ~3 years I think. So I read both the match thread and the draft thread from the time it came out. Pretty hilarious if you are not one of the people that was being conned :lol: May have gotten carried away a bit seeing how deep the rabbit hole would go and read a lot more than was probably necessary :wenger: But yeah, am aware of Tuppetgate and will do my best to convince you lot that I am in fact an autonomous being that is not controlled by the evil mastermind.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Think you are really underrating him mate. Having Cavani and Benzema above him is a bit of a joke. Cavani played in lesser leagues (Italy at the time and France), whilst Benzema was never as prolific as Lewa. Both are very versatile but as a CF both have been genuine chokers in big games, something you use as a stick to beat Lewa with. I can understand having preferences with Zlatan(though as a CF i'd probably have Lewa), Suarez and Aguero, but the rest you mentioned - you are really overrating them.

To me as pure CF the best of its generation has definitely been Suarez.

Then comes the tier below where Lewa, Aguero and Zlatan would lead the pack and then the Diego Costa's, RvP, Dzeko, etc. Unfortunately for RvP injuries have took a great toll on him and he had around 2 seasons at the very highest level, unlike Lewandowski who is in his 8th year straight of being one of the most prolific strikers in Europe.
For Benzema and Cavani in all-time tactics its because I believe they both offer more from a teamwork and complementary play perspective than lewa. You could pair either of those with any other All-Time big name forwards and they complement the tactic. For instance if I had Cristiano or Maradona I would much rather have Benzema or Cavani than Lewa as I think the synergy with the other two would much greater.

Also for RvP I rate his peak strictly higher than Lewa's best two years + Van Persie has a better NT tournament in WC14 than any Lewa has had. I don't really buy into the "lesser leagues" argument when Lewa is playing for Bayern.