Mohammed Kudus

avgp_1

Everton were on the verge of getting him weren't they until the Antony deal happened?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
9 millions well spent by EtH for Ajax, not only decent skills but seems like also right mentality to make a further move. Two years left in his current contract anyway.

There were some reports about Liverpool also watching his games, but I'm almost sure Erik keeps an eye on one of his latest football inventions.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Looks a talent, what's his best position?

CAM?
Can play behind striker and in Ajax was part of the midfield at the beginning.

His positioning in the box is too good, though. 2nd striker or striker could be his dream role for rest of his career.

NYAS

Absolute gem of a player. I’d play him as part of a midfield 3.

Idxomer

I would much prefer we spend 60m on him and forget about Gakpo.

NYAS

The way he turns with the ball is a skill way too good NOT to have in midfield. The space he opens up with his agility is priceless. Yagami would have had orgasms about his press resistance.

footballbite

If Utd were to sign another attacking player from the Eredivisie I'd take him over Gakpo. He's impressed in the European and WC games I've seen him in in way that Gakpo hasn't.

He has a dynamism that no Utd forwards have aside from perhaps Rashford. The kind of player Klopp would sign for Pool.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The way he turns with the ball is a skill way too good NOT to have in midfield. The space he opens up with his agility is priceless. Yagami would have had orgasms about his press resistance.
He can do that, but he can also successfully hold the ball under pressure as a forwarder which is what United need atm. Reminds me bit of Tevez, as sort of agile tank with great mentality.

If he could come to United in place of Van de Beek, this could be perfect in so many aspects.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looks a talent, what's his best position?

CAM?
Feel like he could be developed to be a top level false 9, but right now looks best as a roaming/attacking #8. Kind of like Bernardo Silva at City but more direct powerful/not quite as skillful.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I love how a world cup can turn people mental over someone. This dude is pretty good, but definitely not as good as this thread page thinks he is.

El Jefe

I love how a world cup can turn people mental over someone. This dude is pretty good, but definitely not as good as this thread page thinks he is.
A thread about a player playing in the Eredivisie won't be complete until you calm down the hype by downplaying their ability.

Not saying you're wrong in this case or any of the others :D

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ajax potentially losing another talented player. You should be happy.

Besides he won't cost a huge fortune just yet if ten Hag will be faster than others.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ajax potentially losing another talented player. You should be happy.

Besides he won't cost a huge fortune just yet if ten Hag will be faster than others.
I dont think Ajax will be too sad to see him go. Schreuder is playing him out of position (as a striker) and as a result is benching Brobbey, who they all desperately want to start. Kudus is extremely talented, but his decision making is quite poor and he lacks the ability to keep it simple (bit like Memphis actually in that regard). Nothing that experience wont fix, but he's not United level at the moment.

A thread about a player playing in the Eredivisie won't be complete until you calm down the hype by downplaying their ability.

Not saying you're wrong in this case or any of the others :D
Haha, yea I tend te be a negative nancy regarding Dutch or Eredivisie players :lol:

Gakpo is another example who really isnt good enough for United in my opinion, but is heavily linked with you.

Inezzi

ETH barely gave him any minutes last season at Ajax though. He always preferred others like Klaassen and even let a rookie like Taylor play before him. It makes me think Gapko would be a more likely target.

Last edited:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
He reminds me of Nkunku in that he could actually play all across the midfield and front 3. He stood out big style in both legs vs my local team Rangers. Id certainly have him at Arsenal as an option as number 8 and can cover further forward.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I dont think Ajax will be too sad to see him go. Schreuder is playing him out of position (as a striker) and as a result is benching Brobbey, who they all desperately want to start. Kudus is extremely talented, but his decision making is quite poor and he lacks the ability to keep it simple (bit like Memphis actually in that regard). Nothing that experience wont fix, but he's not U ited level at the moment.
Hmmm... Sounds like you have quite strong opinion formed on him.

Out of curiosity, who could be better suited to EtH system than Kudus in the current realistic market ? The lad can play various positions, he could offer something new to midfield, perhaps even give fresh backup option to Bruno / Eriksen.

Would you take Gakpo + Kudus if their price won't be artificially bloated or perhaps you would go for a whole different combo of players ?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ignore this guy.
You think Kudus is world class? Almost all Ajacieden I know are frustrated with him. Especially as a 9. He's talented, but the next Yaya Toure?

World cups always give me perspective. Our Eredivisie talents are fun little players, but they're no Musiala or Pedri.

Don't ignore me. Call me a cnut, say I'm a dunce, but please dont ignore me, I'll die

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I dont know why people never learn. International form and club form should never be taken into account relatively. Player form should be judged independently.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Hmmm... Sounds like you have quite strong opinion formed on him.

Out of curiosity, who could be better suited to EtH system than Kudus in the current realistic market ? The lad can play various positions, he could offer something new to midfield, perhaps even give fresh backup option to Bruno / Eriksen.

Would you take Gakpo + Kudus if their price won't be artificially bloated or perhaps you would go for a whole different combo of players ?
Id take Kudus over Gakpo. Kudus at least fills a need you dont have. Gakpo, I think, is a worse version of Rashford.

Both could be great buys, but the problem with Eredivisie players in general is that you just dont know. Take Ziyech for instance, he's one of the few I was sure would be great in the PL, but he did feck all at Chelsea. Whereas, a bit further back, I was convinced Wijnaldum would ever make it outside of the Eredivisie when he went to Newcaslte as an attacking player, but he somehow turned into a pivotal defensive midfieldsr for Liverpool.

I have no idea what a better alternative to Kudus is and since you dont play CL Kudus is the type of player you can realisitcally go for as opposed to players like Pedri. Kudus has talent, but he needs to play with his head up more and he is very injury prone.

Oh there is one Dutch player I would LOVE for you to sign. He has the longest transfer thread in caf history on here :wenger:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
You think Kudus is world class? Almost all Ajacieden I know are frustrated with him. Especially as a 9. He's talented, but the next Yaya Toure?

World cups always give me perspective. Our Eredivisie talents are fun little players, but they're no Musiala or Pedri.

Don't ignore me. Call me a cnut, say I'm a dunce, but please dont ignore me, I'll die
No one said he is, but you are incredibly biased on Ajax players and it is tiring.

No one is comparing him to Pedri, or Musiala either. He isn't a 9, but he has combination of qualities that make him a very special player. Worthy of interest, even from United. His skill, strength, balance, speed, agility, athleticism, dribbling and finishing make him an interesting player for every club.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Id take Kudus over Gakpo. Kudus at least fills a need you dont have. Gakpo, I think, is a worse version of Rashford.

Both could be great buys, but the problem with Eredivisie players in general is that you just dont know. Take Ziyech for instance, he's one of the few I was sure would be great in the PL, but he did feck all at Chelsea. Whereas, a bit further back, I was convinced Wijnaldum would ever make it outside of the Eredivisie when he went to Newcaslte as an attacking player, but he somehow turned into a pivotal defensive midfieldsr for Liverpool.

I have no idea what a better alternative to Kudus is and since you dont play CL Kudus is the type of player you can realisitcally go for as opposed to players like Pedri. Kudus has talent, but he needs to play with his head up more and he is very injury prone.

Oh there is one Dutch player I would LOVE for you to sign. He has the longest transfer thread in caf history on here :wenger:
:lol:

If Ole was still in charge of United I'd have almost the same doubts as you. Van de Beek to United proved the club didn't had a clue how to use players who are used to particular systems. Sancho another example.

Now that manager like EtH is here, I think at least there's intention to organise team into something more cohesive. Of course United could be ambitious and go after Felix or Musiala, but that will cost a summer budget, so alternatives should be considered from various leagues.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
No one said he is, but you are incredibly biased on Ajax players and it is tiring.

No one is comparing him to Pedri, or Musiala either. He isn't a 9, but he has combination of qualities that make him a very special player. Worthy of interest, even from United. His skill, strength, balance, speed, agility, athleticism, dribbling and finishing make him an interesting player for every club.
This is rubbish. I'm biased on Antony, which I admit, since I think he's a twat and which is why I disclaim nearly all my posts about him with this fact.

I was similarly critical of Malacia (and rightly so sadly) and was convinced Ziyech would tear the premier league to shreds (wrongly so sadly) It has feck all to do with Ajax. I'm not 12 and can see past a player's club.

He's a talented player, but in this thread he was being compared to the likes of Yaya Toure and Gabriel Jesus. Which is ridiculous and which is what I pointed out. He is a technically impressive, but inconsistent and very injury prone player who is doing well in the Dutch league. While he is interesting, he's also by no means a guaranteed hit.

My above 2 examples also illustrate that I know feck all, but saying I'm biased against Ajax players is very silly if you look at my posts. I've caught more flak for being a closeted Ajacied than for being a hater om here.

Glorio

It's funny how Ajax had all these players, and yet if they met us last season, the word would have been that we have the better players on paper. How far from the truth!!!

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
This is rubbish. I'm biased on Antony, which I admit, since I think he's a twat and which is why I disclaim nearly all my posts about him with this fact.

I was similarly critical of Malacia (and rightly so sadly) and was convinced Ziyech would tear the premier league to shreds (wrongly so sadly) It has feck all to do with Ajax. I'm not 12 and can see past a player's club.

He's a talented player, but in this thread he was being compared to the likes of Yaya Toure and Gabriel Jesus. Which is ridiculous and which is what I pointed out. He is a technically impressive, but inconsistent and very injury prone player who is doing well in the Dutch league. While he is interesting, he's also by no means a guaranteed hit.

My above 2 examples also illustrate that I know feck all, but saying I'm biased against Ajax players is very silly if you look at my posts. I've caught more flak for being a closeted Ajacied than for being a hater om here.
Should I pull up your posts from the Martinez transfer forum thread? You were seriously downplaying him there too, just as you did with Antony and just as you are doing now. It is incredibly boring.

You are not that greatly informed on Ajax players, it is better for posters who are genuinely interested to ignore.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Should I pull up your posts from the Martinez transfer forum thread? You were seriously downplaying him there too, just as you did with Antony and just as you are doing now. It is incredibly boring.

You are not that greatly informed on Ajax players, it is better for posters who are genuinely interested to ignore.
Sure, if you also pull up my posts saying I was wrong about Martinez about 1 month into the season. I'm not greatly informed about any player, be it from Ajax, Feyenoord, LA Galaxy or Al Aihn, it's quite easy to surmise this from the tone of my posts (I literally mentioned I know feck all in my previous reply) that I am under no impression that I'm an expert.

But if I'm boring you, please, do ignore me in the future and just save my posts somewhere to point out how ignorant and biased I am in peace. I can send you a giant list of players I was wrong about to get you started off if necessary.

Last edited:

Nick7

It's very very funny that after two games you have people absolutely creaming themselves over a player.