Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

How do you know? Did you see Casemiro at 21? 21 year old Caicedo > 21 year old Casemiro.
Do you remember when Madrid beat Bayern 4-0 away from home around 13-14? Casemiro played in that game. In fact he won the CL that season.
I’m not saying Caicedo wouldn’t do that same now, Europe was probably lucky Caicedo is as young as he is because he would have dominated the last decade if he was born earlier

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Do you remember when Madrid beat Bayern 4-0 away from home around 13-14? Casemiro played in that game. In fact he won the CL that season.
I’m not saying Caicedo wouldn’t do that same now, Europe was probably lucky Caicedo is as young as he is because he would have dominated the last decade if he was born earlier
TBF Casemiro was then sent on loan to Porto. I wouldn't say there was a huge difference at the same age, but it's not like Casemiro was an elite youngster like Tchouameni. He rose in his 20's and on his return to Madrid.

cyberman

TBF Casemiro was then sent on loan to Porto. I wouldn't say there was a huge difference at the same age, but it's not like Casemiro was an elite youngster like Tchouameni. He rose in his 20's and on his return to Madrid.
It’s because he was trying to break into Madrid! Even then he killed it at Porto as well.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How do you know? Did you see Casemiro at 21? 21 year old Caicedo > 21 year old Casemiro.
He obviously didn't, because if he did, then Casemiro at the same age was said to have no outstanding attributes according to some and Real Madrid tried many combinations with Modric/Kroos other than Casemiro because they wanted someone who could supposedly pass the ball better than Casemiro. And when everything failed they tried the supposedly limited Casemiro and it clicked because his defensive game was strong.

phelans shorts

He obviously didn't, because if he did, then Casemiro at the same age was said to have no outstanding attributes according to some and Real Madrid tried many combinations with Modric/Kroos other than Casemiro because they wanted someone who could supposedly pass the ball better than Casemiro. And when everything failed they tried the supposedly limited Casemiro and it clicked because his defensive game was strong.
If you say so

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If you say so
Then enlighten me about the 21 year old Casemiro that was brought into play for Real Madrid's B team. A player who even admitted he was lacking in touch/technique at a young age in a interview with El Pais' David Alvarez.

phelans shorts

Then enlighten me about the 21 year old Casemiro that was brought into play for Real Madrid's B team. A player who even admitted he was lacking in touch/technique at a young age in a interview with El Pais' David Alvarez.
Pretty sure I remember him being rather good for Porto around that stage, whatever El Daily Star say

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Pretty sure I remember him being rather good for Porto around that stage, whatever El Daily Star say
I'm sure he was good for Porto in the Portuguese league.

And it's not what ever 'El Daily Star say' but rather what Casemiro said about his limitations on the ball at a younger age and how he improved in subsequent years.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Posted on instagram that he wants to leave.

edit: Actually sounds like he has already left.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Why? They spend a lot, but it rarely gets mentioned in the press for whatever reason. They'll likely continue doing so.
The son is now in charge at Arsenal, right? He actually lives the team, and the Walton’s have more money then …. Most other countries really. They hide a lot of it and spread it around because they do t want people to know they’re trillionaires … but I almost guarantee they are.

Stan is just a cheapskate jerk that saw Arsenal as an investment.

His son sees the team differently, which is excellent news for Arsenal fans.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I made this same argument with Badiashile and Gvardiol and people laughed it off. Gvardiol was still being loaned back to Zagreb for playing time at the age Badiashile was starting for Monaco.

I’ve never watched Caicedo and thought “he is pure class”. I had moments thinking that seeing a young Casemiro. I’ve had moments thinking that watching Enzo, especially for Benfica.

Never really felt that with. Moises. BUT that’s actually ok. I think he could be as good as Kovacic but with less injury issues, and if a team got that kind of service from him for 6 or 7 years … I’d take that

Rolaholic

Please do another hijack Chelsea, Partey and Odegaard with this lad would be filthy.

If we weren't skint I'd have loved for him to be our long term Casemiro successor as well but we're broke unfortunately

Blood Mage

At least Brighton will be less annoying to play against now. Caicedo and Trossard both destroyed us in recent meetings.

BristolRuss

Damn, I was really hoping he would end up here. I feel he would have been a better fit than the likes of De Jong etc.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
That he came out with this statement today after Arsenal’s bid makes it pretty clear that he off there and not here to Chelsea. And tbh, I’m fine with that. He’s a good player and will be a great addition for Arsenal but is not the profile of midfielder we should be prioritizing now. He’s more of a long term Kante replacement whereas what we need more urgently is a Jorginho replacement.

Suv666

Man we will be left behind if we don't spend this summer. Chelsea has gone mental, Arsenal dropping serious dough in January, they'll probably follow that with a decent summer window as well and Pep losing the title would trigger an outlay of mythical proportions.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Transfer request after half a season is a bit shitty on his part. I do think he'll be class though unfortunately.

Blood Mage

We definitely could and probably would hijack this deal if we had the money, but we don't and that's why the Glazers are trying sell up and feck off as quickly as possible.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Transfer request after half a season is a bit shitty on his part. I do think he'll be class though unfortunately.
I could be wrong and he may not live up to his potential. And he's only played about 26 full games at Brighton where he has impressed and De Zerbi is using him as the deep-lying playmaker. But I think Arteta will use him as a #8, and his all round game will improve further.

If he lives upto his potential, I think he'll develop into a Fernandinho type of player who has the speed/athleticism aswell as the ability to thread the lines with his passing.

The big difference between Caicedo and Bissouma was that Bissouma was limited in his passing, which is outlined below.

Status
Not open for further replies.