Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
At this point I would love to see Chelsea make another swoop for Caceido just for popcorn moments :D

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
This assumes that player valuations won’t adjust to reflect the new rules…I guess it’s conceivable that transaction volumes rather than prices take the hit.
Yeah I can't see clubs lowering their prices as it only takes 1 club to stand firm and the ripple effect takes place.

I'd definitely see volume being down rather than prices as the top talent will still want to be held onto by their clubs. Take United as an example if we're limited in what we can spend you'd expect it to be a couple of big players rather than spreading it on lower quality but more signings.

Mainoldo

Enzo and Caceido just became huge talents this season. Theres always a new player or two that pop up.
I hear that. But they have until the summer to become it as we know we ain’t buying no player before the come up.

GoldanoGraham

Brighton will just wait to the summer to sell Caicedo once they’ve got into Europe. No way they going to sell on last day of window.

As for Chelsea…..don’t really know what to say, if it moves they are interested!

The wage bill at the club must be astronomical.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Hopefully he stays at Brighton until the summer but suspect the London clubs are going to feast yet again, the vultures.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Absolutely garbage. Edu has had two windows to sort our midfield out when it's been a glaring issue for over a season now, and yet here we are, resorting to a cooked, slow, weak Jorginho on deadline day.

A move which will also inadvertently help the Chavs.

feck me.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
He came 3rd in the Ballon D’Or in 2021
no one wants him at Arsenal.Mainly due to the bad reputation obtaining Chelsea cast offs.

I’m really starting to dislike Edu. That’s 3 windows in a row now where we have needed midfield reinforcements, 2 of which we are scrambling on the last day to get a deal done. Ridiculous planning.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Absolutely garbage. Edu has had two windows to sort our midfield out when it's been a glaring issue for over a season now, and yet here we are, resorting to a cooked, slow, weak Jorginho on deadline day.

feck me.
:lol:

Is this a wind up? Please say it is and I've fallen for it. Edu has given you Partey and Odegaard in the past 2/2.5 years and completely rejuvinated your midfield. Look where you are in the league. Not being able to make a record club signing on deadline day is hardly a surprise.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
no one wants him at Arsenal.Mainly due to the bad reputation obtaining Chelsea cast offs.

I’m really starting to dislike Edu. That’s 3 windows in a row now where we have needed midfield reinforcements, 2 of which we are scrambling on the last day to get a deal done. Ridiculous planning.
:houllier:

Arsenal fans - never change. Deep down you'll always be the club who forced out Wenger in the most disgusting fashion imaginable.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I hear that. But they have until the summer to become it as we know we ain’t buying no player before the come up.
Well we'll probably go for FdJ + a big signing in the CF position in the summer anyway.

With Casemiro (thank god) we don't have a huge need to get more than FdJ.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
:lol:

Is this a wind up? Please say it is and I've fallen for it. Edu has given you Partey and Odegaard in the past 2/2.5 years and completely rejuvinated your midfield. Look where you are in the league. Not being able to make a record club signing on deadline day is hardly a surprise.
Going into the season with Partey (injury prone since his move), Xhaka, Lokonga (out of his depth) and El Neny (last resort backup) to cover two positions was a huge risk.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

feck me.
Stinks of Entitlement.

Got Odegaard ridiculously cheap & he is arguably challenging Haaland for player of the season. The team is more than likely going to win the league and you’re acting like this. Give me a break.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Stinks of Entitlement.

Got Odegaard ridiculously cheap & he is arguably challenging Haaland for player of the season. The team is more than likely going to win the league and you’re acting like this. Give me a break.
I'm in panic mode.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Insulting another member
:houllier:

Arsenal fans - never change. Deep down you'll always be the club who forced out Wenger in the most disgusting fashion imaginable.
Cheap line to rile Arsenal fans up. Wouldn’t expect any better from United fans moaning they can’t sign anyone after spunking 180 million on wingers.

you’re not an Arsenal fan so you clearly don’t understand. Let me spoon feed it to your smooth brain instead:

- Chelsea are a big rival
- bad history signing ex Chelsea players
- Ongoing gag that Arsenal is Chelsea retirement home
- needed CM reinforcements for 2 seasons now
- partey being injured last season cost us top 4
- move directly benefits Chelsea, helping their FFP, squad trim and helping them sign enzo
- same club that trumped us for Mudryk
- they could go and sign caicedo on top of that

that being said Jorginho is better than no one but surely leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Chief123

Has there ever been a bigger anti climax than going from signing Caicedo to Jorginho? That’s a terrible outcome.

Considering it’s probably the best chance in 20 years and possibly more for Arsenal to win the league, Caicedo fee would have been justified even if it meant over paying.

dinostar77

feck me.
Jorginho would be a great addition to arsenal, his ability to control the tempo and recycle posession would make arsenal even more dangerous.

Arsenal signings or attempted signings i.e. mudryk have been really good recently. Not sure what your expecting, arsenal are top of the league, playing very well. If edu was a crap football director, this wouldnt be the case.

justboy68

Cheap line to rile Arsenal fans up. Wouldn’t expect any better from United fans moaning they can’t sign anyone after spunking 180 million on wingers.

you’re not an Arsenal fan so you clearly don’t understand. Let me spoon feed it to your smooth brain instead:

- Chelsea are a big rival
- bad history signing ex Chelsea players
- Ongoing gag that Arsenal is Chelsea retirement home
- needed CM reinforcements for 2 seasons now
- partey being injured last season cost us top 4
- move directly benefits Chelsea, helping their FFP, squad trim and helping them sign enzo
- same club that trumped us for Mudryk
- they could go and sign caicedo on top of that

that being said Jorginho is better than no one but surely leaves a sour taste in the mouth.
Perhaps we could interest you in a certain hardworking young 26 year old Scottish lad instead if you'd prefer ? Then we can take Jorginho off Chelsea's hands as a squad player.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Well we'll probably go for FdJ + a big signing in the CF position in the summer anyway.

With Casemiro (thank god) we don't have a huge need to get more than FdJ.
We need a back up for Casemiro, the same way Arsenal need one for Partey.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Jorginho would be a great addition to arsenal, his ability to control the tempo and recycle posession would make arsenal even more dangerous.

Arsenal signings or attempted signings i.e. mudryk have been really good recently. Not sure what your expecting, arsenal are top of the league, playing very well. If edu was a crap football director, this wouldnt be the case.
Jorginho simply cannot play the way Partey does

Chief123

As well as Arsenal have done, I think their fans are still justified in feeling frustrated with the transfer window. If we were in that situation we’d be gutted to potentially get Mudryk and Caicedo and end up with Trossard and Jorginho.

It’s the fact they are ahead of schedule in their rebuild to the point they are arguably favourites to win the league at this point. Teams overpay for players all the time. The Caicedo one which would have been a huge improvement would be justified.

Ten Lasso

I thought Arsenal and Chelsea were rivals? What's with both teams approach with accepting the others cast offs/undesirables? They're like feeder clubs to each other

Willian
Cech
Luiz
Gallas
Diarra
Aubameyang
Fabregas
Giroud
Petit
Anelka
Cole
Jorginho

Perhaps it should come as no surprise when players choose to go to plastic, soulless clubs like Chelsea, of course they'd have no problem jumping ship to arch-rivals, and vice versa.

Last edited:

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
15 million for Jorginho apparently - not bad for a bit of cover

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
As well as Arsenal have done, I think their fans are still justified in feeling frustrated with the transfer window. If we were in that situation we’d be gutted to potentially get Mudryk and Caicedo and end up with Trossard and Jorginho.

It’s the fact they are ahead of schedule in their rebuild to the point they are arguably favourites to win the league at this point. Teams overpay for players all the time. The Caicedo one which would have been a huge improvement would be justified.
Trossard is absolute quality and we were never selling Caicedo after his social media outburst

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Astonishing entitlement from certain Arsenal plastics.

The amount of times I’ve read “they only paid £4.5m for him, they should be grateful to get £50m”.

It reads incredibly arrogant - little Brighton with the sheer audacity to not let a player leave in the last few days of January with no replacement. And to be paid for the player they are desperate not to sell? How incredibly greedy of them.

Absolutely zero sense of irony too.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Hes not meant to, hes a different option with a different skillset you dont presently have.
He most certainly is meant to. Who will he be covering when he plays DM?

At a pinch we could have played Zinchenko there, who has the same strengths and weaknesses as Jorginho (good on the ball, good passer, weak, not strong defensively, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.