Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESR10

Supports
Arsenal
Brighton just signed a midfielder today. Caceido will leave by tomorrow.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Leave some players for the rest of us.:D
I’m laughing but it’s actually really shocking. I don’t want to believe it but it’s Chelsea so you can never rule it out no matter how crazy it sounds.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I’m laughing but it’s actually really shocking. I don’t want to believe it but it’s Chelsea so you can never rule it out no matter how crazy it sounds.
I still believe Chelsea can only have 25 players in the squad and there will be enough left over for the rest of the EPL clubs.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Chelsea pulling an absolute blinder. Hoard the best young players, get them on long contracts and literally handcuff their rivals for the future.

The new rules should be made in a way that clubs have time to adjust to the Chelsea bullshittery but the morons running UEFA obviously cannot think that far ahead.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Jesus Christ. Chelsea is worse than a posh billionaire shopping in an 'art' shop.

SmallCaine

Chelsea pulling an absolute blinder. Hoard the best young players, get them on long contracts and literally handcuff their rivals for the future.

The new rules should be made in a way that clubs have time to adjust to the Chelsea bullshittery but the morons running UEFA obviously cannot think that far ahead.
Until players get irritated by not enough play time due to squad depth and ask to leave and since they payed over the odds they can't really get the money back.

Also Boehly is going to learn the hard way this ain't an American sport. Just because you signed a 6-7-8 year deal doesn't mean you won't have to renegotiate in a year or 2.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

It is either genius or will implode with some huge drama. Time will tell

prateik

Sure.. All these best young players who came into prominence over the last year.. the production line has stopped and there wont be any more good young players next season or the season after that. Everyone else is fecked ..

This has nothing to do with rivals.. its their own transfer strategy.. at sensible prices, hoarding talented young players might work for the clubs.. at the prices chelsea are paying.. its a bit pointless. unless they feel they can jump the queue and start winning big right away.. and dont have to spend for years. Both are risky..
Sign x more players and we'll be set for the next x years is something we have heard many times.. never works out that way.

the only way this makes sense is if they have money to burn and just dont care about any (potentially big) losses they make on these deals.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Sure.. All these best young players who came into prominence over the last year.. the production line has stopped and there wont be any more good young players next season or the season after that. Everyone else is fecked ..

This has nothing to do with rivals.. its their own transfer strategy.. at sensible prices, hoarding talented young players might work for the clubs.. at the prices chelsea are paying.. its a bit pointless. unless they feel they can jump the queue and start winning big right away.. and dont have to spend for years. Both are risky..
Sign x more players and we'll be set for the next x years is something we have heard many times.. never works out that way.

the only way this makes sense is if they have money to burn and just dont care about any (potentially big) losses they make on these deals.
It's being done to avoid the new ffp rules coming in summer which restricts total spending to 90% of revenue. There's no way they'd be able to do anything like this then so they are getting as many pieces of their rebuild in now, before they get limited by the rules.

It makes a lot of sense and speeds up the process for them otherwise they'd be spending roughly 200M a window at a guess and it would be 2 years before they even got to the point the expect to be at by Feb

git_united

It's being done to avoid the new ffp rules coming in summer which restricts total spending to 90% of revenue. There's no way they'd be able to do anything like this then so they are getting as many pieces of their rebuild in now, before they get limited by the rules.

It makes a lot of sense and speeds up the process for them otherwise they'd be spending roughly 200M a window at a guess and it would be 2 years before they even got to the point the expect to be at by Feb
This assumes that player valuations won’t adjust to reflect the new rules…I guess it’s conceivable that transaction volumes rather than prices take the hit.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
No matter how good the players - if the coach is shit then you can only get so far.

Doesn’t worry me right now.

Let’s see how good Potter is first.

croadyman

No matter how good the players - if the coach is shit then you can only get so far.

Doesn’t worry me right now.

Let’s see how good Potter is first.
Does when that game comes where it all clicks with Mudryk,Fernandez & Felix with their current team. Add to that next season being joined by Nkunku and Gusto and it makes us need new ownership sorted.

Newtonius

You already have and yet we will get new owners but handcuffed from spending madly
If we are to assume that unpaid transfer fees are included in the sale as debt then it will all be okay, what is really handcuffing us is the years of profligacy coming home to roost.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We already have such a young squad.

Ramsdale 23, Saka 21, Martinelli 21, Odegaard 24, White 25, Jesus 25, Zinchenko 25, Saliba 21, Gabriel 23, Tomiyasu 23, Nketiah 22, Tierney 25, Smith-Rowe 22, Vieira 22.

Trossard, Xhaka, Partey are the only key personnel over 25 years of age.

If we get Caicedo, its another qaulity young player that helps fill the squad out.

Were getting to the stage were we wont need to invest heavily because we are set.

Thats why we should pay the money for Caicedo. Because we can add to our already ridiculously long list of quality young plyers.
This is always a bit of a myth. Players get bored, look for new challenges, some will be playing above their level already and will inevitably drop next season. You’ll realise next season that everyone has worked out how to play against you and you need some fresh ideas, some players confidence will drop.

I’m not saying it’s not the position you want to be in, of course it is, but sustained success requires sustained investment. There’s no escaping that in this day and age.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
This is always a bit of a myth. Players get bored, look for new challenges, some will be playing above their level already and will inevitably drop next season. You’ll realise next season that everyone has worked out how to play against you and you need some fresh ideas, some players confidence will drop.

I’m not saying it’s not the position you want to be in, of course it is, but sustained success requires sustained investment. There’s no escaping that in this day and age.
Agree the cycle won't last 6 years straight with those players, refreshes are needed all the time and competition tbf.

The benefit we have is some of those players can still go up levels. Saliba, Odegaard, Vieira, ESR, Martinelli, Kiwior, Patino, Balogun, Tomiyasu. Still haven't fully seen what those guys can do yet.

Mainoldo

Good deal but I can’t see them getting another midfielder in the summer now.

Leaves us with

Jude
Rice
De Jong
Enzo :nervous:

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Both are risky..
Absolutely. Didn't people say that when in 2020 Chelsea spent big on Werner, Havertz, Ziyech, Pulicic, Chilwell, and Silva they were set for years to come.

Well it's than 3 years later here they go on again, this time on steroids. Is it good for football? Surely not.

Drainy

Well that's not a new strategy, but now all their best prospects are/were the best players for their rivals as they win trophies

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Good deal but I can’t see them getting another midfielder in the summer now.

Leaves us with

Jude
Rice
De Jong
Enzo :nervous:
Enzo and Caceido just became huge talents this season. Theres always a new player or two that pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.