Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrillho

Brighton can, and will, absolutely take Chelsea to the cleaners if they do end up selling Caicedo. The guy just signed a contract extension to 2027 and I wouldn’t be surprised if part of the hardballing is sticking two fingers up for taking Cucarella and Potter. They don’t even need to sell, they are holding all the cards here and will get mega money if Chelsea are desperate enough, £100m+ in all likelihood.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I still believe this guy is the replacement for Casemiro and hope the club is not so blind as to let him join another club. What we could have done with a Kante when he had moved.....let's not repeat the mistake.

Giggsy13

I still believe this guy is the replacement for Casemiro and hope the club is not so blind as to let him join another club. What we could have done with a Kante when he had moved.....let's not repeat the mistake.
Mainoo might end up being Casemiro’s long term replacement, so why fork out £100 million plus on Caicedo?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If Brighton aren't bluffing, isn't he the most expensive player playing for a midtable side?

Top players don't play for midtable teams - that's the sad reality of modern football. He will a goner before September 1, I think.

(P.S. Don't get started that Brighton are not a midtable side.)
Harry Kane says hello

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Mainoo might end up being Casemiro’s long term replacement, so why fork out £100 million plus on Caicedo?
I think you answered it yourself. As I said just hoping that we don't make the same mistakes repeatedly.

Giggsy13

I think you answered it yourself. As I said just hoping that we don't make the same mistakes repeatedly.
Many players have crumbled under the weight of making the step up to a big club and a big fee. There’s no guarantees with Caicedo either.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't know how anyone can watch how we are playing today and how ETH wants his midfield to function going forward and say, lets spend 100m on Caicedo. He's not a holding DM.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Many players have crumbled under the weight of making the step up to a big club and a big fee. There’s no guarantees with Caicedo either.
So we should not sign a proven EPL player ready to make the next level, in hope that our 18 yo talent will make it?

zaafi

I don't know how anyone can watch how we are playing today and how ETH wants his midfield to function going forward and say, lets spend 100m on Caicedo. He's not a holding DM.
Because they don't care how we're going to play. They like Caicedo and assume he will fit in no matter how we play. It's ridiculous. How would Caicedo help us today, exactly? If anything, we'd be further away from scoring a goal.

zaafi

So we should not sign a proven EPL player ready to make the next level, in hope that our 18 yo talent will make it?
We've just signed an EPL proven player who fits how Ten Hag wants to play. Maybe you don't like the way he wants to play, but that is how it is.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We've just signed an EPL proven player who fits how Ten Hag wants to play. Maybe you don't like the way he wants to play, but that is how it is.
Who Mount? Remains to be seen if he fits it

davidmichael

Would Real actually sell him or Tchouameni
Bringing in Mbappe is going to cost them a fortune even on a free next summer as he’ll get an outrageous signing on fee and wages so Real will have to balance the books.

As they have Valverde, Bellingham and Camavinga it’s probable that Tchouameni would be the biggest sellable asset they have without hurting the squad too much and we could need a Casemiro replacement by then so it’s conceivable.

luke511

Surely we can sell Sancho to the Saudis to fund the move, 50 mil for him plus 45-50 million for McTominay and Maguire. Pellestri would seamlessly replace him.

Perseus

I expect Moises Caceido to score double figures in goals for Brighton this coming season, if they sign a suitable midfielder to replace Mwepu.

Last edited:

ManRed

Surely we can sell Sancho to the Saudis to fund the move, 50-60 mil for him plus 40-50 million for McTominay and Maguire. Pellestri would seamlessly replace him.
If only we were this ruthless. Sancho will survive and 1 year away from contract have an amazing season so he gets a pay rise and extension. Will return to his previous form soon after.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I expect Moises Caceido to score double figures in goals for Brighton this coming season, if they sign a suitable midfielder to replace Mwepu.
Are you his agent? Or his mum/dad/brother, PR admin or any relative?

I'm not even joking, just curious.

Giggsy13

Again, there is no guarantee Caicedo successfully takes the step up at United. Anything close to £100 million is madness, so yes develop our young and very talented midfielder in Mainoo.

Perseus

Are you his agent? Or his mum/dad/brother, PR admin or any relative?

I'm not even joking, just curious.
Fan: he could be the best since Pele. Middle of the table clubs let real prospects go to top clubs aged 24. BHA have only had one before in the world class grade in Mark Lawrenson in the early 19 eighties.

Last edited:

Redcy

Fan: he could be the best since Pele. Middle of the table clubs let real prospects go to top clubs aged 24. BHA have only had one before in the world class grade in Mark Lawrenson in the early 19 eighties.
I had to check I was still in the Caicedo thread.

wolvored

If only we were this ruthless. Sancho will survive and 1 year away from contract have an amazing season so he gets a pay rise and extension. Will return to his previous form soon after.
He wont get a payrise.

Eddy_JukeZ

What? :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Depends on which Pele since there have been so many in the last decade.

jeepers

Valverde will go before Tchouameni and Camavinga imo, but that’s a discussion for another thread.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Brighton not selling to Chelsea for a price Chelsea want = the end of Brighton. Brighton don't solely exist to "help" players move to bigger clubs. Regardless, I'm sure they'll be fine.
I did t say the end of Brighton, but certainly a very very strained relationship with Caicedo … which is always fun in a dressing room.

And Brighton is desperate to shop in our academy and satellite ranks. They have already apparently moved on yo inquiring about Humphreys, Maatsen, and future loans for younger talents like Paez.

All we’ve gotten from this relationship is Cucurella.

Then they lied to their player, who is now stuck there on .. what, 60k a week?

And they were tapping up a player e trusted to them on loan.

Generally a harsh mark against teams. I don’t know I would trust them with another loanee. And players are certainly watching what happened to Caicedo. So… not a good look all the way around.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I did t say the end of Brighton, but certainly a very very strained relationship with Caicedo … which is always fun in a dressing room.

And Brighton is desperate to shop in our academy and satellite ranks. They have already apparently moved on yo inquiring about Humphreys, Maatsen, and future loans for younger talents like Paez.

All we’ve gotten from this relationship is Cucurella.

Then they lied to their player, who is now stuck there on .. what, 60k a week?

And they were tapping up a player e trusted to them on loan.

Generally a harsh mark against teams. I don’t know I would trust them with another loanee. And players are certainly watching what happened to Caicedo. So… not a good look all the way around.
Brighton are actually playing a blinder all round and haven't put a foot wrong thus far given they never said it was a negotiation. My last post @WeePat and @Rajiztar made a very fair point in stating that the onus as a buyer is try to procure the best possible price, but as a [reluctant] seller, I feel Brighton are going to see offers way, way below stated a price as a literal waste of everyone's time. It harms you [Chelsea] more as brinkmanship favours them the closer to the end of the window you get. Is it brinkmanship, even? They're not playing, so probably not.

Regarding Caicedo. It's in his best interests to keep performing to the absolute best of his abilities to finally secure the big money move, which will definitely come next summer if he matches or betters the season he's just had. No matter his issue with Brighton, on a purely self-serving level, he needs to keep pushing himself and smart people in his ear would tell him he could then legitimately be playing himself into talks with the biggest clubs in the world come the end of the season.

Regarding other talent observing these goings on. I should think all and sundry understand that if Brighton set a price and it's met, they'll not stand in your way. No different to Dortmund's model. It's not like a Levy/Spurs clusterfeck. Brighton must surely be one of, if not the most, exciting prospective club in the PL to go to as an up-and-coming talent. You'll play, you'll make a name for yourself and you'll be sent on your way with their blessing once they are paid what they state your worth is. Caicedo and his agents are making that process messier than it should be.

The player understandably has angst - he's new to being a highly coveted player on the brink of: mega money wages, huge money sale, sponsorship and stardom. Just 2yrs ago, he wasn't a name as opposed to a Rice, Bellingham or Camavinga etc etc who were all tipped and mapped for stardom as soon as they turned pro, so his management and handling is all over the place in comparison (and it shows) - you mention the player being 'stuck' yet he and his entourage were foolish enough to sign a new contract just this season gone, which is down to poor handling.

If this window closes and you miss out on the player, only you will feel the impact, unless Caicedo takes a turn and doesn't perform like he should continue to. As outlined above, that would just be stupid on his part because he is on the verge of becoming a bona fide talent all top clubs will be bidding for next summer if he carries his trajectory on.

You mention your relationship with them... I don't think they need you as much as you seem to believe, even if they are after your youngsters. They will have talented youngsters from around the globe clamouring to play for them, and that will only increase if they have another outstanding season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.